Psychic Awakening

It wouldn't be the first time GW has over hyped something, but I think it's too soon to write it off. They're not new to staggering release/news either so as much as it can hurt the build up it doesn't mean that things aren't coming - just maybe coming across a longer period of time :tongue.: Let's wait and see, we might be surprised :smile.:

I hate to be a debbie downer but the hype train seemed to have died for Psychic Awakening.. 

Banshees are coming!

...More info next Monday

This is looking less like a campaign and more of a vigilus 2.0 hype.

My gut reaction is similar, but I have a feeling that GW just got a little too ambitious with the reveal. I mean they crammed through bringing Guilliman back. I think they're going too far the other way now. I still hold hope this will be huge, and a lot of fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think they'll be new codexes for other factions personally.

Just updated rules in campaign books.

They've already confirmed that everyone will get new codexes and a revamp. This is in line with what they've said in the past, 8th edition is meant to be a living edition that evolves over time and will last for quite a while. 

When did they confirm that? They said there would be new rules, but I have yet to see anything saying there would be new codices.

Exactly. They said new rules.

Personally I'm not sure about new books for everyone so soon... I recon we'll see campaign books to cover it all unless a Codex is drastically needed (e.g. Ad Mech)

New codexes and campaign books for updated rules keep people like me that rely on digital rules to keep purchasing.

It’d be great to have an ever living codex, or try a tiered subscription model, but I don’t see GW going there.

At this point we know we are "Guaranteed rules" and I think this means something like Vigilus 1. 

TONS of factions got formations. I would love a Rubricae formation and it would be very useful for us without needing new models. 

If we happen to get new models? Ballin! but I won't count on it personally ATM.