WiP: Dark Angels Contemptor (Deathwing)

Neuralshock

Hey all, started working on my 1st Legion Contemptor dreadnought last night and today. Wanted to share progress and garner feedback.

Overall it's a fun kit, my first ever contemptor so I tried to go all out on the base to take advantage of the absolute posability. On the whole this was a success, but at certain angles it looks like he might topple over. Other minor issues include the fact that I glued the leg guards backwards, oops. On the whole I'm happy with how it turned out.

Started off using army painters bone colored primer spray. After leaving it to settle for quite some time, I went on to recess shade all the nooks and cranies with seraphim sepia, going heavy on the lower areas.

Shading

I cleaned up with thinned out ushabti bone and went to work on red details, going over the wings and lion emblem with mephiston red. Later on I tackled some of the metal details with iron warriors (superior to leadbelcher IMO) Apparently I went heavy with the primer accidentally as the paint just wanted to slide off. Eventally got the paint to behave. 

Reds

Currently working with some brass details with Vallejo Hammered Copper, gonna layer it with Bright Brass from the same line of paints. 

Detail

• 2 weeks later...

Looks cool in bone with red icons :tu:

Well done getting him done, hope he does well in your GT.

Mine has just arrived in the post, I'll be sharing your paint scheme too, it's the best imho.

Thanks! The resin was a bit of a pain to make behave and take paint. Maybe I could have soaped it up a bit more. I have a sicaran that I've painted in the 30k legion colors so together they'll be ebony and Ivory ;)

Eager to see how the project turns out!

• 3 weeks later...