Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dark Angel Primaris in White Dwarf

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
246 replies to this topic

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,696 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

How nice would it be if they just dropped all four marine codexes and a metric ton of new Primaris units for the next three months? 

• PeteySödes, Felix Antipodes, Juggernut and 2 others like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 809 posts

Would have liked a Fallen index. But yeah I guess this is the DA codex supplement.

Edited by RedFox, 09 August 2019 - 06:40 PM.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

inb4 Dark Angels get Primaris Bikes before White Scars. teehee.gif

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 584 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Soooooo dark angel specific primaris models by the look of that?!
Valrak, where is my "the lion is coming" video?!

Rendering right now. 

Looks like I'm budgeting for a Primarch this month/next just in case...

Thaliontil

Thaliontil

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels/Crimson Fists

Wasn't Psychic Awakening going to be revealed for Autumn? If it is a new campaign, it would make sense to boost interest with a new "super-character" returning. Perhaps the release order is going to be DA Codex + Primaris (first two weeks of September), teased in the WD, and then "surprise" on the third/fourth week, with Campaign + release of the Lion.

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 805 posts
Perhaps the awakening part of psychic awakening pertains to the lions alarm clock finally going off.
  • HandsWithLegs, dice4thedicegod and Thaliontil like this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

I'd laugh so hard if the "Psychic Awakening" refers to the Lion literally awaken. :D

• Triszin, Doctor Perils, Subtleknife and 1 other like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 809 posts

The Lion is most likely NOT coming back anytime soon. I remember GW recently saying they don't want Primarchs coming back in 40k to be a common thing. I'd be surprised to see another loyalist one before we see Angron and Fulgrim. Primarchs are a HH thing and it should stay that way. Chaos Primarchs are interesting in a 40k setting because they are different. I think that's how GW see things.

• Trevak Dal and Tipsy Techpriest like this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

The Lion is most likely NOT coming back anytime soon. I remember GW recently saying they don't want Primarchs coming back in 40k to be a common thing. I'd be surprised to see another loyalist one before we see Angron and Fulgrim. Primarchs are a HH thing and it should stay that way. Chaos Primarchs are interesting in a 40k setting because they are different. I think that's how GW see things.

Yeah they said they want each Primarch to have their time in the spotlight (except for Daemon Primarchs apparently considering how quickly we got the second and how little we hear about them ever since). However Guilliman has been around for quite a while now and has done a lot to shape the galaxy so I'd say we are getting close to the point where the next can arrive without taking away from Guillimans time in the spotlight. ;)

Also Primarchs USED to be a HH thing and whether it should stay that way is a completely subjective matter which you find many disagree with you on. ^^

• Bulwyf, Jarl Caldersson and HandsWithLegs like this

Spagunk

Spagunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,151 posts

Pure speculation but what if the supplements coming out include supplements to existing non-codex space marines too?

As in, White Scars get one as a supplement to the codex astartes while the DA one is a supplement to the Dark Angel's codex? It would be a great way to update everyone at once without a repeat, add in more successor chapter information and no one has to buy a brand new codex, just a supplement.

Edited by Spagunk, 09 August 2019 - 07:01 PM.

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_40907_9492_4019.gifgallery_62972_10568_7658.jpggallery_62972_10568_31437.jpg

I am on Instagram now! Follow me at https://www.instagra...warhamsandwich/

Captain Antargo

Captain Antargo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 215 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights, BA, Custodes

Can't wait for its release, this also seems like the right time to release Lion El'Jonson! This could be very interesting!

• HandsWithLegs likes this

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,699 posts

The DA primaris specific models will be probably just a bunch of SC that "crossed the Rubicon": Azrael Ezekiel Asmodai

I let out Sammael and Belial cause no primaris bike and no primaris TDA means they will remain oldmarines

the only DA specific models nowadays are RW and DW specific with just the veteran sprue being something DA spoecific in PA

So considering the lore (DA don't trust totally the primaris so the primaris veterans are in a "primaris wing" where they can be usede without letting them part of the DA secrets) the only options for DA primaris models that are not SC is that "primaris wing" but i doubt about it

I seriously don't think GW will give DA priaris bikes and primaris TDA without putting them into the main vanilla codex so DW and RW are unlikely to cross the rubicon

So my2cents for Primaris DA is on Primarised SC and nothing else

Well with a new DA codex too ofc but that was obvious

P.S.: the Lion is not coming to 40k IMHO he will stay in stasis for a lot of years

Edited by Master Sheol, 09 August 2019 - 07:28 PM.

• Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra and Interrogator Stobz like this
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Ficinus

Ficinus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 621 posts
If Space Marines, Dark Angels, Blood Angels, and Space Wolves (not to mention Grey Knights and Deathwatch) all get two codices before the Sisters get one real codex, I'll... well, I'll probably just laugh. It is an eternal vigil we hold as Sororitas players.
  • Slasher956 likes this

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,305 posts
I think it will be a Dark Angel start collecting box and a couple of characters personally.

Thanks for the info Valrak. Also I'm a big fan of your youtube videos.
  • Chapter Master Valrak and Karhedron like this

spessmarine

spessmarine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 108 posts
I'm doubtful of anything big.
White Dwarf doesn't seem like the place where big news breaks. Going off this year, a couple of pages supplement material seems likeliest.
It may primarily be short stories even.

Captain Antargo

Captain Antargo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 215 posts

Watched your video, thanks for all the updates. What I would mainly like GW to release and focus on right now are the codexes and the Primaris Start Collecting boxes (like Space Wolves).

• Chapter Master Valrak likes this

Rune Priest Jbickb

Rune Priest Jbickb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,373 posts

If Space Marines, Dark Angels, Blood Angels, and Space Wolves (not to mention Grey Knights and Deathwatch) all get two codices before the Sisters get one real codex, I'll... well, I'll probably just laugh. It is an eternal vigil we hold as Sororitas players.

I mean to be frank how many codes have come out since you guys got a real one? This should just be par for the course at this point lol.
Never Mistake:
My Silence for Ignorance
My Calmness for Acceptance
My Kindness for Weakness

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

Anyone thinking no more Primarchs are coming to 40k are only fooling themselves. Just by GW stating that they want Primarchs to feel like "an event" and wanting to space them out so they have the impact they should, they indirectly confirmed more Primarchs, whether that's now or later down the line.

Even if you think it's just the Lion specifically who's not coming to 40k. I can understand doubts about Corax, or Khan, but the Lion? The Dark Angels have a Codex of their own, they're a popular Legion and sell nicely, their Primarch's alive, he's eventually waking up, it's just that simple. They've already set up the pieces by making Luther disappear, having Cypher be active, and saying he's fully healed.

Any idea that "Primarchs belong in HH" went down the drain the moment Guilliman showed up. To think otherwise, I'm sorry to say, it's pretty delusional. And speaking of Guilliman, it's been just over two years since he hit shelves (time flies huh?), and once Sisters are released we'll be moving onto new territory. I honestly doubt they'll drop a Primarch now, so suddenly without any hype buildup whatsoever, but it'll happen eventually.

Edited by DeadFingers, 09 August 2019 - 09:16 PM.

• Bulwyf and Panzer like this

Captain Idaho

Captain Idaho

++ ARGENTARIUS IRACUNDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 17,746 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Bless you all... it'll just be 1 MAYBE 2 Primaris Special characters and an upgrade kit.

GW are not going to release Primaris bikes and Terminators that have to be FAQ'd into Codex Space Marines released only a month earlier and all the supplements haven't even been released.

Edited by Captain Idaho, 09 August 2019 - 07:56 PM.

I've started up a new YouTube channel! Please support me as I attempt to grow it.

Serious Geeks

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

I honestly doubt they'll drop a Primarch now, so suddenly without any hype buildup whatsoever, but it'll happen eventually.

Well I'd say the galaxy-spanning event that's supposed to affect every faction could be used as a hype buildup depending on what it actually is. Gathering Storm was rather sudden as well and it didn't just bring back Guilliman as the first loyalist Primarch and Lord Regent of the Imperium, it also changed the landscape of the whole galaxy and gave us Primaris. sweat.gif

Bless you all... it'll just be 1 MAYBE 2 Primaris Special characters and an upgrade kit.

GW are not going to release Primaris bikes and Terminators that have to be FAQ'd into Codex Space Marines released only a month earlier and all the supplements haven't even been released.

You mean like they aren't going to give every Astartes a special rule like Shock Assault that has to be FAQ'd into Codex: Chaos Space Marines released only a few months earlier?
I wish GW would do things more structured and planned but it doesn't seem to be the case. :D

• Wraith776 likes this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,696 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

Unless we get the Codex and the rules are in there.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Captain Idaho

Captain Idaho

++ ARGENTARIUS IRACUNDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 17,746 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
That would be a massive hidden gem but I seriously doubt it or we'd have seen them in the previews already.

And the Chaos Marines Codex was just an update. This Space Marines Codex is full rewrite!
I've started up a new YouTube channel! Please support me as I attempt to grow it.

Serious Geeks

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

Well I'd say the galaxy-spanning event that's supposed to affect every faction could be used as a hype buildup depending on what it actually is. Gathering Storm was rather sudden as well and it didn't just bring back Guilliman as the first loyalist Primarch and Lord Regent of the Imperium, it also changed the landscape of the whole galaxy and gave us Primaris. sweat.gif

You're right about Gathering Storm, but I still think it'd be rather odd of them to do something like that right now. Or maybe the forced early announcements of Magnus and Mortarion thanks to leaks and related releases have skewed my perception of how early they'd announce something that important.

As for Psychic Swakening being related, I don't know. It could be the start of another big event culminating with another big character showing up, but it's too early to tell.

Edited by DeadFingers, 09 August 2019 - 08:14 PM.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,963 posts
It won't be a supplement, but a full codex. I hope they can get all the non compliant codexs out quickly
banana

Captain Antargo

Captain Antargo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 215 posts

Although it is doubtful, it would be interesting to see some Fallen Primaris, 

thinking about it lore wise, I don't think they will as Dark Angels would have probably learnt from their mistakes,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users