Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dark Angel Primaris in White Dwarf

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
246 replies to this topic

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,439 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order, Deathskulls
I, on the other hand, think fallen Primaris would be an eye rollingly bad idea that would be impossible to do well, and would show a gross misunderstanding of the nature and origins of both the DA and the Fallen.

I also think people are getting their hopes up too much. It's probably a fluff piece and maybe some add on rules to help the DA book catch up to codex marines.
  • Warhead01, EnsignJoker, Lord Marshal and 2 others like this
Formerly known as CardinalVirtue

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

The Fallen are something from the past. There shouldn't be Primaris ones or GW would have to give Primaris to all chaos legions too. 

• G8Keeper, Cap'm Heckus, EnsignJoker and 1 other like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

ValourousHeart

ValourousHeart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,055 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Gossamer Shroud

The Fallen are something from the past. There shouldn't be Primaris ones or GW would have to give Primaris to all chaos legions too. 

There is actually a very easy way for the Fallen to get Primaris without giving Primaris to all Chaos.

Luther has escaped from the Rock.  If he connects back up with Cypher, he'll be able to learn about the Primaris, and learn who he needs to talk to in order to requisition some.  He might even convince Gulliman to put him through the process.

Would also give an easy way to fold the fallen back into the DA codex as a subfaction.  The fallen have had plenty of time to study the DA and could easily pass themselves off as a member of the DA.  You would just change the keyword Dark Angel to Fallen and Inner Circle Rule to irredeemable.

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,281 posts

New fallen primaris would be silly.

Existing fallen getting their hands on some primaris technology and 'crossing the Rubicon' is more plausible.

• SickSix and Subtleknife like this

Harleqvin

Harleqvin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,271 posts
  • Faction: The Order (Dark Angels)
My thoughts.
It’s not a new codex, or even a supplement.
It’s waaaay to soon as they have only made Ezekiel last chance to buy, and no others yet.
I think it’s just going to be a start collecting box for Primaris DA that includes our Primaris Lt.

I don’t see BA, DA, DW, & SW getting a new codex (maybe supplement. As that will make us have to buy two books just like the rest of the well known chapters will do,) till next year sometime.
Plus we have already been told we will get a pdf update for these factions... it’s a stop gap till next year.

So here goes again throwing to the wind the whole “you wont need to carry around a bunch of books this edition” even further. Lqtm. But oh well.

Edited by Harleqvin, 10 August 2019 - 04:51 AM.

• Karhedron likes this

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_01.jpg Redemption... One heretic at a time. My DA conversions on FB My works on FB My B&C DA Pre/heresy WiP

G8Keeper

G8Keeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,208 posts
  • Faction: Angels Repentant
Wait Ezekiel is last chance to buy, intriguing.

Edit: can't see him as last chance to buy on either UK or NZ sites.

Edited by G8Keeper, 10 August 2019 - 07:34 AM.

gallery_3547_15792_6078.pnggallery_3547_15435_7258.pnggallery_3547_15792_4794.png

HereticMarine1

HereticMarine1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 65 posts

Guess i should get the iconic old Azrael and Ezekiel models before they are primarised, very disappointing and lazy seeing as primaris look bland compared to these old models.

• Interrogator Stobz, Deadman Wade and Robbienw like this

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,138 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Guess i should get the iconic old Azrael and Ezekiel models before they are primarised, very disappointing and lazy seeing as primaris look bland compared to these old models.

Both the new characters (tigarius and khan) look amazing compared to their old models, so i think there is great hope for really nice azrael and ezekiel... that being said, Azrael is one of the best miniatures in the entire 40k range, he's just really small even compared to other regular marines. So its going to be a pretty high bar to beat.

• fire golem and ShibeKing like this

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

HereticMarine1

HereticMarine1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 65 posts

Dunno, always liked khans pose where he is charging ahead with the sword 2 handed, the new pose is alright if a little generic. tigurius never stood out that much but that says alot about smurfs. They could just update azrael and ezekiel to the size of the new chaos marines instead of making them primaris, would make sense considering the suspicion dark angels have towards the primaris.

It wouldn't be so bad if they still made the old model available as well the new primaris ones but they don't, it also limits the time period the models can be used now. 

• Interrogator Stobz likes this

PJ1933

PJ1933

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,166 posts

Another image:67877362_10220418632595051_6555469696974

For those who thought Primaris marines were not quite big enough Citadel miniatures are super excited to announce true scale dark angels. Now with extra guns, because one bolt gun is never enough to cleanse a galaxy

• Indefragable likes this

PJ1933

PJ1933

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,166 posts

Hmmmmm
Could it be a mini supplement for the DA to bring them up to par with the Astartes, or is it a new model?
Could be Primaris Azrael or the Lion

It's not a supplement, I've been told the stand alone SM codex books are not part of the SM codex supplements. So we still get DA, BA, SW and GK codex books and probably DW.

Edited by PJ1933, 10 August 2019 - 01:07 PM.

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 501 posts

This image was sent to me, Fallen or Dark Angels?EBifucJWwAMsk_7.jpg
EDIT:
Another Image sent to me,67877362_10220418632595051_6555469696974

My guess is hobby related articles. Nothing more.
  • Felix Antipodes and Dracos like this

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,138 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Dunno, always liked khans pose where he is charging ahead with the sword 2 handed, the new pose is alright if a little generic. tigurius never stood out that much but that says alot about smurfs. They could just update azrael and ezekiel to the size of the new chaos marines instead of making them primaris, would make sense considering the suspicion dark angels have towards the primaris.

It wouldn't be so bad if they still made the old model available as well the new primaris ones but they don't, it also limits the time period the models can be used now.

I always found Khan's pose quite awkward. His new one is a bit generic but not awkward so I prefer it. Tigarius is much much better.

I am doubtful we will see updates to any models outside of primaris for at least a while longer. But who knows, it might happen!
  • fire golem and Nemesor Tyriks like this

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,037 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Oh man some Primaris models covered in robes would be awesome. Doubt it is anything major but I have a soft spot for the Dangles and will look forward to this regardless.

• Aztek and Redcomet like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 501 posts

Oh man some Primaris models covered in robes would be awesome. Doubt it is anything major but I have a soft spot for the Dangles and will look forward to this regardless.

I would be all over this
  • Felix Antipodes likes this

HereticMarine1

HereticMarine1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 65 posts

I always found Khan's pose quite awkward. His new one is a bit generic but not awkward so I prefer it. Tigarius is much much better.

I am doubtful we will see updates to any models outside of primaris for at least a while longer. But who knows, it might happen!

I don't think we will whatsoever, judging by existing characters being made into primaris, normal marines being less commonly seen on artwork and battle scenes. Its sad seeing as i grew up with the original dudes but its obvious it is going this way no matter what theysay.

The primaris just don't have the same amount of character to me, the armour is too standardized and sci-fi looking and the fluff just isn't as good.

• Interrogator Stobz and Deadman Wade like this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,447 posts

I don't think we will whatsoever, judging by existing characters being made into primaris, normal marines being less commonly seen on artwork and battle scenes. Its sad seeing as i grew up with the original dudes but its obvious it is going this way no matter what theysay.

The primaris just don't have the same amount of character to me, the armour is too standardized and sci-fi looking and the fluff just isn't as good.

Man, I wonder how the transition from Rogue Trader and beakies to angry helmet marines, and the setting going from hair metal and satire into grimdark grittiness would've gone if they had today's fanbase size and widespread Internet and forums like these.

• Felix Antipodes, Dracos, Sandlemad and 10 others like this

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 939 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights

Both the new characters (tigarius and khan) look amazing compared to their old models, so i think there is great hope for really nice azrael and ezekiel... that being said, Azrael is one of the best miniatures in the entire 40k range, he's just really small even compared to other regular marines. So its going to be a pretty high bar to beat.

I do believe that Primaris do look somewhat bland and a bit samey. I've kind of finally gotten to the reasoning that makes sense for me - when we had old marine characters in just power armour there were so many opportunities to introduce uniqueness and a different flavour through the different armour sets be it mkIII all the way to mkVIII. Just for power armour mind, so there was still a large variation in design.

For primaris characters in standard primaris power armour, the tacitus suit, there's only one option available. 

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,169 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels since RT.

Man, I wonder how the transition from Rogue Trader and beakies to angry helmet marines, and the setting going from hair metal and satire into grimdark grittiness would've gone if they had today's fanbase size and widespread Internet and forums like these.

It may well have worked fine, in fact it did work fine.
Grimdark grittiness is very popular and has been very popular for 30 years.

A move away from grimdark to whatever it is evolving into is not going to be as popular with some hobbyists. That's a reality regardless of availability to social media.

Do not belittle, subtly or otherwise, frater that hold other opinions about their own hobby to yours; just saying.
  • Captain Idaho, Gederas, Deadman Wade and 1 other like this

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gifsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png

Stobz'z DAngles

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts

This image was sent to me, Fallen or Dark Angels?EBifucJWwAMsk_7.jpg
EDIT:
Another Image sent to me,67877362_10220418632595051_6555469696974

My guess is hobby related articles. Nothing more.

Either that or army of the month, or both.
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,328 posts

A move away from grimdark to whatever it is evolving into is not going to be as popular with some hobbyists. That's a reality regardless of availability to social media.

Do not belittle, subtly or otherwise, frater that hold other opinions about their own hobby to yours; just saying.
there is no discernable difference in the depiction 40k today than when i entered the hobby 12 years ago in 2007. prior to 2007 it wasnt really all that different either. cue someone posting tactical marine miniatures from 2007 vs intercesors of today - i think this largely people just wearing nostalgia goggles.

Edited by Wispy, 11 August 2019 - 04:03 AM.

• mel_danes, fire golem, Arkangilos and 1 other like this

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,010 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

Alright, this crappy potato pic of the cover has been bothering me for 3 pages. I must stop the buzzing in my head. 

JviNHAf.png

• Felix Antipodes, Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, Cpt_Reaper and 6 others like this

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Check out my Instagram for other stuff I can't post here.

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,169 posts

there is no discernable difference in the depiction 40k today than when i entered the hobby 12 years ago in 2007. prior to 2007 it wasnt really all that different either. cue someone posting tactical marine miniatures from 2007 vs intercesors of today - i think this largely people just wearing nostalgia goggles.
Your one example Intercessors is a good one, Hellblasters is another; In my 30 years in the hobby much has changed, but if you cannot see the difference of the last 2 years then it is not others wearing goggles 😎.

+But my serious point to my post was this- on the BnC we must accept others have different opinions and avoid as far as possible non-constructive feedback and conversations.
If we don't agree with an opinion too bad, don't belittle anyone. It wasn't too bad above but this thread is not about that.
Not agreeing with facts etc. is fine and should be discussed constructively where appropriate.+

Edited by Interrogator Stobz, 11 August 2019 - 10:07 AM.

• G8Keeper likes this

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gifsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png

Stobz'z DAngles

evilhomer

evilhomer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 108 posts

Primaris Dark Angels? Hmmm, interesting. I'm surprised if I'm honest, I was expecting Blood Angels, Dark Angels and Space Wolves to be reasonably big releases next year, which would include their own chapter-specific Primaris kits (Deathwing Aggressors or whatever). Following so quickly on from the new marine codex surely this must be a hobby-related article, as we've already had a Primaris upgrade frame? If isn't that, it'll be a new codex updated like the marine book, along with maybe a couple of rubicon Primaris characters, which would be a shame, as I doubt we'll be getting much more than that, so soon after the regular codex release.

I've seen this comment about Primaris banded around a fair amount, but I'm not sure it's very fair. If you look at marines pre-4th edition they were fairly standardised. The 2nd edition sculpts really epitomised this and they were all Jes Goodwin sculpts. Jes's sketches for mkVIII from the early 90's obviously strongly influenced the design of the Intercessors.  I remember a white dwarf article with a competition - name your own chapter (and it would become part of official lore and a squad would be painted by eavy metal). The winning entry was the White Lions chapter and the blurb in WD stated that they were a codex compliant chapter. The only "deviation" from the codex was the inclusion of an older suit of mk VI armour in the tactical squad, lol. I think the first real marine release which veered off from this relatively clean design was the first metal veterans box, in 4th, and the over-the-top grimdark/bling followed on from there. For me, the Primaris release goes back to marines as they used to be. In any case, you'll be getting grimdark Primaris eventually; I'm pretty sure Jes mentions this in his web interview.

• Interrogator Stobz, Wispy, fire golem and 4 others like this

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,169 posts
+That's how it's done+
  • BlackTriton likes this

Stobz'z DAngles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users