Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dark Angel Primaris in White Dwarf

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
246 replies to this topic

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

What are Aggressors? Tough, not so slow moving infantry with power fists, that either want to be stationary for a censored.gif ton of shots or to advance every turn while still being able to shoot quite a lot. Also Fire Support.

What are Terminators? Tough, slow moving infantry with power fists, that deep strikes where it hurts the enemy the most, that has a decent amount of shots or trades their fists and shooting capability for either claws or hammer and shield. The 5++ invul may not mean much together with the 2+ armour this edition but it's there and might matter more in future again. Also Veterans.

Edited by sfPanzer, 03 September 2019 - 02:58 PM.

• Volt and Lemondish like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,737 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

Yeah they lack the Crux Terminatus, as do my Tartaros Terminators.

Those models were specifically tailor-made for the Horus Heresy; this is no argument at all.
Yet they are in the codex, and the kit is for 40k use.

The Crux Terminatus is cool lore. Don't let some cool lore dictate what a unit is or isn't. Aggressors are very similar to Terminators - better in many ways, worse in some.

GW could surprise us with Veteran Aggressors in the future, that could be a pretty cool unit.

Edited by Ishagu, 03 September 2019 - 02:50 PM.

-~Ishagu~-

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,825 posts

Terminator armour should not be available to Primaris units. Its rarer than the Emperors tears and chapters have gone nuts to retrieve even just a single suit from space hulks etc because they cant replicate the tech. If Cawl manages to hand wavium new suits then GW are just pissing over their lore, again.

Terminator armour hasn't been irreplaceable for a long while in lore. They still produce it, it's just not cheap or easy.

Sources include Carcharodons: Outer Dark (where we see ten brand new suits still unpainted off the production line), and the various modern marine codices smile.png

So it's entirely possible for Cawl to introduce his own variant(s) for primaris users. What form that might take, we don't know.

Like I said, weeweeing over the lore. Terminator armour was special, a relic from the great crusade, it meant something to be issued a suit. Now its 'wait 6 to  months and we will deliver it to you door'. Now another suit of heavy armour designed for primaris would be fine. 

Also, if everybody becomes primaris or all old marines die out, what do the chapters do with the suits of Terminator armour? They wont fit anybody, they cant recycle because of the relic'ness of the suits,just stick them in the back of the wardrobe and forget about them??

Think of it like this: It is canon that the Deathwing is ENTIRELY outfitted in various marks of Terminator armour. It is CANON that Corvex (Sammael's bike) has been declared lost/destroyed numerous times, yet he always has it when he's in battle.

If any Chapter has the STCs for lost technology and has been holding onto it and not letting people know, it's the censored.gif Dark Angels.

So if they needed to, they could probably use the STCs that they VERY LIKELY HAVE and modify them to work for Primaris.

Or like Apologist said, just cannibalize the suits they have if they need to make ones fitted for Primaris Marines.

=][= Redacted OT response =][=

Edited by PeteySödes, 03 September 2019 - 03:05 PM.
OT/Non-constructive

• Harleqvin and Volt like this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,737 posts
I'm perfectly happy with the next DA codex having a unique DA Strat allowing Aggressors to arrive via teleportation.
  • Dracos likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,156 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Yeah they lack the Crux Terminatus, as do my Tartaros Terminators.

Those models were specifically tailor-made for the Horus Heresy; this is no argument at all.
Yet they are in the codex, and the kit is for 40k use.

You are being deliberately obtuse - those models were designed for the Horus Heresy and are allowed to be used in 40k. The only Tartaros models that were ever made specifically for 40k (by Forge World) did feature the Crux Terminatus. I understand your intense burning desire to promote all things Primaris, but c'mon.

Edited by Marshal Loss, 03 September 2019 - 03:07 PM.

• evilhomer, Marshal Rohr, fire golem and 7 others like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Death Guard Warband: The Fourth Seal

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,737 posts
What's stopping people from continuing to use their Terminators?

-~Ishagu~-

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,825 posts

What's stopping people from continuing to use their Terminators?

Games Workshop when they squat the non-Primaris line and put everything that's non-Primaris in Legends?

• Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, SickSix and D3L like this

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,378 posts

=][=   Once again, we're getting mired in Terminators and OT tangents. If we cant talk about whats specificly in the article leaks we're going to call this done until we get more.   =][=

• Interrogator Stobz likes this

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,974 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
If the Armor of Antiochus can be cannabilized to make the Armor of Heraclus, they should be capable of crafting Terminator armor into some new Gravis-based suits. It would be better if those suits were rules-wise and appearance-wise closer to Terminators than Gravis armor currently is.

Also, given Shrike’s weaponry, we know that there can be Primaris lightning claws made, and the Inceptors hands would easily be able to hold a Thunderhammer and Storm Shield.

Might be better to button this one up - the article is very uninteresting.
  • Gederas and Harleqvin like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,825 posts

If the Armor of Antiochus can be cannabilized to make the Armor of Heraclus, they should be capable of crafting Terminator armor into some new Gravis-based suits. It would be better if those suits were rules-wise and appearance-wise closer to Terminators than Gravis currently are.

Wait... What?

That's what the Armor of Heraclus is? It's made from the Armor of Antiochus?

Hmm... Back on topic regarding the leaks though....

I think the thing that bugs me most is that the 'Deathwing' Redemptor Dreadnought has a Ravenwing Icon on it's chassis.....

Edited by Gederas, 03 September 2019 - 03:19 PM.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,974 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

Yes.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,731 posts

If the Armor of Antiochus can be cannabilized to make the Armor of Heraclus, they should be capable of crafting Terminator armor into some new Gravis-based suits. It would be better if those suits were rules-wise and appearance-wise closer to Terminators than Gravis currently are.

Wait... What?

Hmm... Back on topic regarding the leaks though....

I think the thing that bugs me most is that the 'Deathwing' Redemptor Dreadnought has a Ravenwing Icon on it's chassis.....

That is not a RW icon this is  a DA icon without one wing and it's a variant of the Chapter Icon the DA use often on veichles

The RW icon has at the end of the wing a talon that grab the sword at an angle

They are two diffrent things

The only thing is that DA icons on the DW redemptor are standard DA ones and not the broken sword variant of the DW

Edited by Master Sheol, 03 September 2019 - 04:24 PM.

• Interrogator Stobz likes this
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,563 posts

I feel that if Aggressors were simply called Mark X Terminators then people won't be making such a fuss.

Gravis Calgar is a confirmation that the suits are replacement for the classic Terminator plate. Not as venerated but more numerously produced.

Let's wait and see the shape a Primaris Lysander takes, if his model is updated that is.

I think the fuss would be much greater.

Look at Aggressors and their limited poses, limited wargear, and...eclectic design.

Now look at Terminators with different roles, customizable wargear, and deeply iconic design.

You don't think there'd be much fuss? I think the riots would still be going.

Edited by Lemondish, 03 September 2019 - 04:32 PM.

• Marshal Loss, SickSix, Volt and 1 other like this

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,324 posts
More poor Primaris fluff, now affecting the Dark Angels negatively. The GW crusade to homogenise the space marines continues. At least it’s saving me money :lol:
  • appiah5 and Slave to Darkness like this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,737 posts
Or are they bringing all chapters into the future? 😜
  • Apothecary Vaddon likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,956 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Not my chapter, mine are traditionalists who think Guilliman is a heretic for daring to improve the Emperors work and replacing loyal troops with abominations. :tu:

• andes, Brother_Bethor, Brother Handro and 1 other like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

twopounder

twopounder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,478 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
So it's a ride to trick da players into buying primaris...

4bVlhOy.jpg

Massive 3D Printing Project - Working on the Whirlwind Scorpius

Ravenwing WIP - (57 Bikes and counting)

Full Battle Company - Lion's Blade including 14 Razorbacks

Shapeways - Like the models I make? Now you can get them too!

ThatOneMarshal

ThatOneMarshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,236 posts
  • Faction: BT, NL, BA, & IG

So it's a ride to trick da players into buying primaris...

The teaser literally said dark angels primaris.
  • Panzer likes this

Terran_zps971683eb.pngETL_2014_Banner_V2_03A_Custos_Fidei.jpg  

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,266 posts

My avatar speaks for me.

Even for a Primaris release, I found this to be disappointing. A few throw-away lines with little substance, a mission that might get played once, and then some pretty pictures. As if we need to be shown how to paint bone armour plates.

Oh well, it tickled some people in all the right ways, so I guess it wasn't for naught.

But personally I hope for more substance next time.

• Trevak Dal, Slave to Darkness and Volt like this

we_badge_ezra.png

Dracos

Dracos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,358 posts
  • Faction: Primaris Warhawks
Good luck. Pretty sure the last six months prove nothing of long term substance is coming down the line from White Dwarf. Index Astartes got rolled into new Codex and Supplement. Assassins made useless to Astartes with Eliminators and Combat Doctrine rules.

Enjoy the fluff ... or not. Die mired in the past or adapt and live in the future. It’s a choice.

Hope is a moment now long past, the Shadow of Death is the one I cast

sml_gallery_7985_14167_21284.pnggallery_48988_10069_135.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_87434_12256_5320.png sml_gallery_7985_15940_5720.jpg

9eRaven Guard : 9 - 1

PL Crusade : 4 - 4 - 1
Imperial Knights : 3 - 2

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,266 posts

Enjoy the fluff ... or not. Die mired in the past or adapt and live in the future. It’s a choice.

As they say on the internet, wat?

• Volt and Biscuittzz like this

we_badge_ezra.png

Dracos

Dracos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,358 posts
  • Faction: Primaris Warhawks
Saying there is a ton of angst over a paper published magazine content and moving on from 30 year old toy soldiers and stories that have had consistency of a bowl of three day old oatmeal. Do I love everything GW puts out no. Grumble once and move on. All it does here is create a toxicity between members who should be wanting to take what we have and grow the hobby together.

Or as they say on the Internet ;)

Haters just love to hate, but it kills the Soul. I’m just asking them not to try and drag the rest of us down with them.si

Edited by Dracos, 03 September 2019 - 08:33 PM.

• Greenz and Shadowseer like this

Hope is a moment now long past, the Shadow of Death is the one I cast

sml_gallery_7985_14167_21284.pnggallery_48988_10069_135.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_87434_12256_5320.png sml_gallery_7985_15940_5720.jpg

9eRaven Guard : 9 - 1

PL Crusade : 4 - 4 - 1
Imperial Knights : 3 - 2

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,789 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Unless the mods ban all pro and anti Primaris discussion it isn’t going to stop.
  • D3L and Panzer like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,702 posts
Like I wasn’t expecting anything more than a few Stratagems, including a couple along the lines of “Pick appropriate Primaris unit from this list and it gets the Deathwing/Ravenwing Keyword.” But just a single mission with the Stratagems bound to it disappointing.

Edited by wildweasel, 03 September 2019 - 08:37 PM.

• Bryan Blaire likes this

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,266 posts

Saying there is a ton of angst over a paper published magazine content and moving on from 30 year old toy soldiers and stories that have had consistency of a bowl of three day old oatmeal. Do I love everything GW puts out no. Grumble once and move on. All it does here is create a toxicity between members who should be wanting to take what we have and grow the hobby together.

Or as they say on the Internet msn-wink.gif

Haters just love to hate, but it kills the Soul. I’m just asking them not to try and drag the rest of us down with them.si

I'm afraid you've lost me, so I suppose we'll just be better off moving on.

we_badge_ezra.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users