+++THE LIBER ASTARTES SWAP CHALLENGE 2019 - PHASE 1+++

Brother Cambrius

"I BROTHER AOTHAINE, VOW UPON THE HONOUR OF MY CHAPTER, THE ARGENT FISTS TO WRITE ABOUT A DIY CHAPTER IN THE LIBER ASTARTES BY NOVEMBER 1ST TO A COMPLETE STANDARD. I VOW TO ALSO COMPLETE 1 MINIATURE OF A CHAPTER RANDOMLY ASSIGNED TO ME BEFORE JANUARY 1ST 2020."

I can build and paint:

. Classic Marines

. Primaris

. Chaos/Renegade Marines

The link to my DIY Chapter for this event is in my Signature. Also, just in case. Here it is.

The Argent Fists

Edited by Aothaine

I WarriorFish vow upon the honour of my warband, The Sundering Call (more commonly known as the Sunder), to write about a DIY warband in the Liber Chaotica by the 1st of November to a complete standard. I vow to also complete one miniature of a chapter/warband randomly assigned to me before the 1st of January 2020. The commissariat does not understand the meaning of "failure".

I can build and paint to an average standard:

• Marines
  • Primaris (I have one of the free snap fit models somewhere)
  • Chaos (but none of the new stuff)

I need to collate the bits I have, as well as update the painter image I made for them (made before the pink became melon) but once I do I'll link to my topic here :smile.:

As it happens I did some basic bits for the Sunder as part of the Liber Challenge event back in 2015 when I had recently got started on my CSM, so I have something to jump start with :thumbsup: It's a bit out of date now so an update is necessary :tongue.:

edit: topic placeholder and copies started here :)

Edited by WarriorFish

Welcome to you both! The list has been updated. :D It'll be great to see some more Chaotic elements to join the White Talons for this.

Speaking of which, I'll have to look into writing about my Oblivion Warriors soon... :ph34r:

Cambrius

"I BROTHER INQUISITOR VAN HORN, VOW UPON THE HONOUR OF MY CHAPTER, THE CELESTIAL KNIGHTS, TO WRITE ABOUT A DIY CHAPTER IN THE LIBER ASTARTES BY NOVEMBER 1ST TO A COMPLETE STANDARD. I VOW TO ALSO COMPLETE 1 MINIATURE OF A CHAPTER RANDOMLY ASSIGNED TO ME BEFORE JANUARY 1ST 2020."

I can build and paint:

. Classic Marines
. Primaris
. Chaos/Renegade Marines

golfdeltafoxtrot, VOW UPON THE HONOUR OF MY CHAPTER, THE GREY RAVENS, TO WRITE ABOUT A DIY CHAPTER IN THE LIBER ASTARTES BY NOVEMBER 1ST TO A COMPLETE STANDARD. I VOW TO ALSO COMPLETE 1 MINIATURE OF A CHAPTER RANDOMLY ASSIGNED TO ME BEFORE JANUARY 1ST 2020."

I can build and paint:

. Primaris

Are we supposed to only offer to paint minis from our available range? I was just going to buy a box of what ever, paint one mini and mail the rest & the mini I painted to who ever I get chosen for. Is that okay?

Are we supposed to only offer to paint minis from our available range? I was just going to buy a box of what ever, paint one mini and mail the rest & the mini I painted to who ever I get chosen for. Is that okay?

If you are willing to purchase a box of whichever you wish, that is all good and no issue at all. :)

Cambrius

Important clarification requested:

Is posting the painted miniature to the owner of whichever Chapter/Warband we're issued a requirement for the challenge?

I ask because it's not mentioned in the first post, and I've been concocting a story as for how a lone marine from [iNSERT CHAPTER] finds themselves in the company of the White Hawks (or the Hatecrowned, in the event of getting traitors).

EDIT: Darn it Ace, use your words. :facepalm:

Edited by Ace Debonair

Important clarification requested:

Is posting the painted miniature to the owner of whichever Chapter/Warband we're issued a requirement for the challenge?

I ask because it's not mentioned in the first post, and I've been concocting a story as for how a lone marine from [iNSERT CHAPTER] finds themselves in the company of the White Hawks (or the Hatecrowned, in the event of getting traitors).

No requirement to do so, unless you wish to do it yourselves through PMs.:)

Cambrius

Edit: I'm realizing that I may have made this decision out of boredom at work. Before I re-pledge this I want to completely finish my chapter post regarding my Argent Fists.

Edited by Aothaine

Well, I have been in this forums for a few years. First, silently as a mere lurker, then slowly becoming more active (and mostly still in the subforums of my own chapter of preference). In all this time, I have never, ever, participated in any kind of challenge.

You know what? It's about time that changes!

And this challenge in particular looks right up my alley. Plenty of time for a very small and controlled paint challenge, preluded by my favourite part of the hobby: Writting lore!

So, let's do this, and swear to not break this vow before the year is out.

*ehem*

"I, Berzul, vow upon the honour of my chapter, the Wings of Dawn, to write about a DIY chapter in the Liber Astartes by November 1st to a complete standard. I vow to also complete 1 miniature of a chapter randomly assigned to me before January 1st 2020.

Should I fail, I shall wear the signature of shame until I have redeemed myself in the eyes of the Liber."

I own no chaos space marines, nor any ultima founding marines, but I do have plenty of bits for making old school marines. Assault, Tactical, Devastators and the like.

So, consider me devoted to this vow, with the ability to paint one of these types of marines, per the requirements of the challenge.

I shall write and further develop my own Successor Chapter, the Wings of Dawn, for this vow, starting a thread in the Liber for them. I hope that, throughout this challenge, I will find the motivation I need to actually finish their lore, as I have been stuck halfway through with them for quite a while.

May it be the first of many Berzul!

EDIT: Darn it Ace, use your words. :facepalm:

Using words is for suckers, nobody in the Liber bothers with them right? Mostly as an afterthought.

Edit: I'm realizing that I may have made this decision out of boredom at work.

This is how I made my vow :tongue.: Sadly being bored at work is not the same as having nothing to do at work... :laugh.:

Time is a bit short currently, but when it's not I will try and pitch in with my fellow Chaotica entries to help out :smile.: For my own I'm still reworking the painter image, but any progress is better than none :wink:

Welcome to the challenge, Berzul! You have been added to the participant list. :D

Seeing so many take part is really giving me the warm fuzzies (it might be the Grox Curry too, but that's by the bye...).

Cambrius

I've updated my vow post with the topic, I've got it started :thumbsup: It's mostly just a small collection of previous bits stuck together for the moment but it's a good a start as any :tongue.: There's a few story pieces here and there too which might be candidates for inclusion also.

They all need some reworking anyway as there's some out of date bits, this will be a good excuse to tie things together some more. As an added bonus I've also got a good approximation from the painters to get me off in the right direction:

gallery_30308_10249_8249.png

:biggrin.:

I, Zephaniah Adriyen, Chapter Master of the Crimson and Auric Knights, Dark Lord of the Bloodied Sons, Fabricator-General of Forge World Ragnarus, Warmaster of the Rotting Hand, Princeps of House Astor, Dark Apostle of the Chapter of the Bladed Maw, Daemon Knight Lord of the Traitors of Leviathan, Shield-Captain of the Azure Bastion, High Farseer of Craftworld Iamfeth and High Sorcerer of the Wayward Sons, vow to write about my chosen Warband, the aforementioned Bladed Maw, before November 1st, M2, 019. Upon my somewhat likely failure, I will be forced to wear the Banner of the Broken Brotherhood until November 1st, M2, 020.

I can probably get ahold of a Chaos Marine, or repaint a Tactical, or do an Intercessor or something. Just don't put me with a faction with mandatory Cult Marines, or that can't take regular Troops. Cool?

Edit, for clarification:

I can do Intercessors, Tacticals or regular Chaos Space Marines. Nothing else is guaranteed.

Edited to refer to the Bladed Maw instead of the Crimson Knights. I will make an attempt after my game with them tomorrow; I tend to be most fluff-inspired after actual games.

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

I CRYPTIX, VOW UPON THE HONOUR OF MY CHAPTER, THE EMPEROR'S BALIFFS, TO WRITE ABOUT A DIY CHAPTER IN THE LIBER ASTARTES BY NOVEMBER 1ST TO A COMPLETE STANDARD. I VOW TO ALSO COMPLETE 1 MINIATURE OF A CHAPTER RANDOMLY ASSIGNED TO ME BEFORE JANUARY 1ST 2020.

SHOULD I FAIL, I SHALL WEAR THE SIGNATURE OF SHAME UNTIL I HAVE REDEEMED MYSELF IN THE EYES OF THE LIBER.

I can do pretty much any character as long as its still in production.

Edited by Cryptix

Welcome to the Challenge, both of you! I shall add you to the list now.

@Zephaniah Adriyen: Not a problem at all! I'll ensure everyone gets allocated the right Chapter/Warband that befits their stock. :tu:

@WarriorFish: Looking great with the heraldry! I'll pop into your article later on to leave some feedback. :)

Cambrius

Welcome to the challenge, Berzul! You have been added to the participant list. :D

Seeing so many take part is really giving me the warm fuzzies (it might be the Grox Curry too, but that's by the bye...).

Cambrius

Thank you!

I have posted all the lore I have already for the chapter, and will be working on it from there.

I, Trokair, vow upon the Honour of my Chapter, The Voidborn, to write about this DIY Chapter in the Liber Astartes by November 1st 2019 to a complete standard. Furthermore I also Vow to complete at least One Miniature of a fellow participants created DIY force as randomly assigned to me before January 1st 2020.

Should I fail, I shall wear the signature of shame until I have redeemed myself in the eyes of the Liber.

I can build and paint:

Marines (various, including some HH and some Chaos)

Primaris (easy build)

Plague Marine (easy build)

"I, BR-R-R-RUCE MALCOM, VOW UPON THE HONOUR OF MY CHAPTER, THE IMPERIAL FISTS (Because Ultrasmurfs are STUUUPID!) TO WRITE ABOUT A DIY CHAPTER IN THE LIBER ASTARTES BY NOVEMBER 1ST TO A COMPLETE STANDARD. I VOW TO ALSO COMPLETE 1 MINIATURE OF A CHAPTER RANDOMLY ASSIGNED TO ME BEFORE JANUARY 1ST 2020.

SHOULD I FAIL, I SHALL WEAR THE SIGNATURE OF SHAME UNTIL I HAVE REDEEMED MYSELF IN THE EYES OF THE LIBER."

Heretic Marine - Aw Warp Nah, I ain't no Traitor

Classic Marine - Very likely.

Primaris Marine - Either more likely or less likely, can't tell.

Edited by Bruce Malcom

med_gallery_86595_11085_107117.jpg

I JBAEZA94, VOW UPON THE HONOUR OF MY CHAPTER, THE LEGION OF THE IRON LION, TO WRITE ABOUT A DIY CHAPTER IN THE LIBER ASTARTES BY NOVEMBER 1ST TO A COMPLETE STANDARD. I VOW TO ALSO COMPLETE 1 MINIATURE OF A CHAPTER RANDOMLY ASSIGNED TO ME BEFORE JANUARY 1ST 2020.

SHOULD I FAIL, I SHALL WEAR THE SIGNATURE OF SHAME UNTIL I HAVE REDEEMED MYSELF IN THE EYES OF THE LIBER.

I can paint:
  • First Born Marines
  • Primaris Marines
  • Nurgle Marines

below is a link to my liber page.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/353770-legion-of-the-iron-lions/

im excited to participate in this event. itll definitely push me to write about my chapter more and ill get t experience other chapters too!

Edited by jbaeza94

Well...… I'm in:wacko.:

"I BROTHER LUNKHEAD VOW UPON THE HONOUR OF MY CHAPTER, THE PRAETORIAN SWORD TO WRITE ABOUT A DIY CHAPTER IN THE LIBER ASTARTES BY NOVEMBER 1ST TO A COMPLETE STANDARD. I VOW TO ALSO COMPLETE ONE MINIATURE OF A CHAPTER RANDOMLY ASSIGNED TO ME BEFORE JANUARY 1ST 2020."

"UPON THIS MOUSE I TAKE THIS OATH OF MOMENT AND PUT ASIDE ALL OTHER CLAIMS TO MY HONOUR."

As this is my first challenge, failure is NOT an option.

I can build and paint:

• Classic "Old" Marine
  • Primaris Marine
  • Chaos/Renegade Marine