+++THE LIBER ASTARTES SWAP CHALLENGE 2019 - PHASE 1+++

Brother Cambrius

This is filling up quite quickly. Good job everyone! Lets do this right!

We seem to have few Chaos warbands? Let's see if we can get some more representation from the other side of the warp fence :wink:

I'll be working on a Chaos Warband shortly for my Renegade White Scars. :biggrin.: Not going to vow just yet though. Still needs a lot of work.

Edited by Aothaine

A question about participation - do we actually exchange models or just paint them? If the former, then how will it work for participant from different continents? I want to take part, but logistics seem rather tough

A question about participation - do we actually exchange models or just paint them? If the former, then how will it work for participant from different continents? I want to take part, but logistics seem rather tough

No exchange is required. If people do want to swap, that is on their own terms in PMs and not in the jurisdiction of this event or the B&C. :) I still have my 3 minis from the older events in the early 10s.

Cambrius

Sweet! In that case,

"I  Smirnov, vow upon the honour of my chapter, the Black Templars (because, you know, that's my chapter), to write about a DIY chapter the Shadow Lords (the actual chapter I'm paticipating in the challenge with) in the Liber Astartes by November 1st to a complete standard. I vow to also complete 1 miniature of a chapter randomly assigned to me before January 1st 2020.

Should I fail, I shall wear the signature of shame until I have redeemed myself in the eyes of the Liber"

Edit:

I can build and paint:

Firstborn Marines

Chaos Marines

Edited by Smirnov

I've been working on a homebrew of my own, and this'll be a great opportunity to get other peoples' opinions on it:

I, AHorriblePerson, vow upon the honour of my chapter, the Strigoi, to write about a DIY chapter in the Liber Astartes by November 1st to a complete standard.
I also vow to complete one miniature of a chapter randomly assigned to me before January 1st of 2020.
Should I fail, I shall wear the Signature of Shame until I have redeemed myself in the eyes of the Liber.

I can build and paint:

• Firstborn, both traitors and loyalists
  • Primaris Space Marines
Edited by AHorriblePerson

OOOOOOOO boy, I might board this train! Will we receive the model someone builds or is it to build brotherhood and stir creativity? And so, pleasure derived from seeing someone put an idea into art form? (By the Emperor, I sound like a cultist).

Edited by Watcher

As I read in the rules at the beginning of the thread, you are not obligated to send the model over. But, I get the sense that it is encouraged that we do so. After all, who better to have it than the creator of the chapter you are painting a tribute to?

I have another question:

At what point can I be certain that the amount of lore written is enough to accomplish the first stage of the challenge?

As I read in the rules at the beginning of the thread, you are not obligated to send the model over. But, I get the sense that it is encouraged that we do so. After all, who better to have it than the creator of the chapter you are painting a tribute to?

I have another question:

At what point can I be certain that the amount of lore written is enough to accomplish the first stage of the challenge?

The swapping of models is in no way encouraged by the Moderati, it's very much your own choice between members. :)

Defining an article as complete basically comes under some basic criteria:

1. Do they have a heraldry present?
  2. Does the article/entry convey and display who their chapter/warband are in terms of character and style?
  3. Is it in a relatively easy to read and coherent fashion?

Cambrius

I have another question:

The swapping of models is in no way encouraged by the Moderati, it's very much your own choice between members. :smile.:

Defining an article as complete basically comes under some basic criteria:

1. Do they have a heraldry present?
  2. Does the article/entry convey and display who their chapter/warband are in terms of character and style?
  3. Is it in a relatively easy to read and coherent fashion?

Cambrius

Oh, ok. Good to know. Thanks!

Edited by Berzul

I Slave to Darkness, Vow upon the honour of both my chapter and renegade warband , the 'Angels Resplendant' and the 'Hellbound' to write about a DIY Chapter in the Liber Astartes and a DIY Warband in the Liber Traitoris by November 1st to a complete standard. I vow also to complete 1 miniature of a chapter randomly assigned to me before January 1st 2020.

I can paint Chaos Marines and OG marines, refuse to touch Primaris. 

Pretty sure my Argent Fists are done. There might be the additional adding of a story or editing, but it is mostly finished. Gonna be working on my Renegade White Scars, which are now taking the name Oblivion Hunters. I still have a month to work on them so I'll see what I can get done. Worse case scenario I can save them for next year. :D

Is there any particular way you want us to mark our posts completed?

"I WATCHER, VOW UPON THE HONOR OF MY CHAPTER, THE KNIGHTS OF DAMASCUS, TO WRITE ABOUT A DIY CHAPTER IN THE LIBER ASTARTES BY NOVEMBER 1ST TO A COMPLETE STANDARD. I VOW TO ALSO COMPLETE 1 MINIATURE OF A CHAPTER RANDOMLY ASSIGNED TO ME BEFORE JANUARY 1ST 2020.

SHOULD I FAIL, I SHALL WEAR THE SIGNATURE OF SHAME UNTIL I HAVE REDEEMED MYSELF IN THE EYES OF THE LIBER.

Failure is not an option.

I can build:

- Classic Marines

- Primaris
Edited by Watcher

Brothers, I have failed. A combination of writer's block and disinterest in the Crimson Knights has led to my downfall.

Dont give up just yet, I have been trying to come up with fluff for my Hellbound for nearly 2 years now and got nowhere. It was only last week when insperation struck and I came up with the fluff for both the Hellborn and their pre Chaos iteration overnight. The only reason I ahve not done it all yet is because I didnt pay attention to English Lit in school so my writing is abysmal even by GW standards :lol: I have the ideas I just cant get it into words. A problem I also have with writing lyrics and guitar riffs annoyingly. 

Still plenty of time to get something together - and if we're honest the minimum requirements for the article part aren't that much :wink: It could easily form the basis of an article for you to return to later when the mood takes you, for now plinking away or a little break might be what you need to break through the block :smile.: Just as Rome wasn't built in a day, neither were any articles :laugh.:

I am not a writer, and I regret taking on this challenge for a faction I was not focusing on at the time and still am not. ...I absolutely love this community. You all are some of the most charitable, supportive people I've ever dealt with online. I've jumped from toxic community to toxic community in the past, and this is one of the only places I've really felt at home. Thank you.

I am not a writer, and I regret taking on this challenge for a faction I was not focusing on at the time and still am not. ...I absolutely love this community. You all are some of the most charitable, supportive people I've ever dealt with online. I've jumped from toxic community to toxic community in the past, and this is one of the only places I've really felt at home. Thank you.

Thats the only reason I use B&C, every other forum I have called 'home' over the years have had some right ass hats ruining it for others. This place has the best group of 'mandollie maniacs' I have ever had the misfortune of finding. :tu: 

And even though your not focussing on the faction doesnt mean you cant scrape by with the bare minimum needed, you never know it might be what you need to give you the kick up the backside to get you started. I never really thought much about the Angels Resplendant until I vowed for this, I have gone from bare bones fluff to trying to figure out unit markings, famous battles, lore on 'characters' etc. 

Im actually tempted by making up a little killteam for them, or maybe a small 500pt force to run with my Templars/Wolves. Who knows...

But please dont throw in the towel and give up, just sit on it for a bit and it will come to you eventually. 

Most of GW aren't writers :wink: Neither are most of us for that matter, so it takes time and I often think about things long before they ever hit the keyboard, and then they take yet more time before they are distilled into something solid and I'm happy with. Or at least "happy enough". It's a lot harder to get things down in writing than we appreciate.

That's how everything goes though. Don't be discouraged, as the hours and effort behind everything we see are mostly invisible. Anyone who says they produce it all in one is a filthy liar and slave (no, not Slave - he's alright, as far as a Norfolk Slaaneshi goes). In fact that's the only way I even produce half decent models :laugh.: It's all relative to your own hobby :smile.:

The LASC is here to get you slapping that keyboard for your My Dudes, with a sweet model at the end. Pushing some words around is how all articles are done, if that takes time then that's how it is - all progress is good progress, even if that progress is figuring out what you don't want :thumbsup:

Oh, and Slave be careful about that "maybe a Kill Team" as that's how I got started on my CSM; 3000pts (at least?) later still looking to grow :laugh.: ... you should still do it though ;)

Most of GW aren't writers :wink:

Oh, and Slave be careful about that "maybe a Kill Team" as that's how I got started on my CSM; 3000pts (at least?) later still looking to grow :laugh.: ... you should still do it though :wink:

And yet they get let loose on codex books etc... Damn you WARRRRRD!!!!!!!

Problem is limited ammount of loyalist minis and two armies already started, unless I run my not Templars as codex marines and then I can use them and my Angels Resplendant as the same army, succsessor of 'x' chapter, yeah the armour schemes will differ but rules wise exactly the same force. Although I hate that idea, I like my armies to look visually coherant. Arrrrgh nerd problems!!!

+++EDIT+++ 

Spelling, more proof I cant engrish. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

If y'all want a taste of what I AM doing right now in the hobby faction-wise, I'm doing Call of Chaos. Got nearly 2k of Word Bearers already (thanks to some repainting and conversion work on my Death Guard stuff) and I'm waiting to go for a paint run and get some more Gal Vorbak and Leadbelcher.

I wish I'd just done my Word Bearers Chapter instead.