+++THE LIBER ASTARTES SWAP CHALLENGE 2019 - PHASE 1+++

Brother Cambrius

Wrote a short story about the Imperial Shields in Fan Fiction on the B&C. Can it be tagged with the Swap Challenge? Can't seem to do the same with my IA, likely because it was technically created by another user, a mod.

Can you link me the story in a PM and I'll edit it into your post. :)

It's been an incredibly busy week with my commitments beyond the Forum, but I'm so glad to see activity is ticking over nicely as we approach the 3 week mark before Phase 2 begins! :D

Cambrius

Wrote a short story about the Imperial Shields in Fan Fiction on the B&C. Can it be tagged with the Swap Challenge? Can't seem to do the same with my IA, likely because it was technically created by another user, a mod.

Can you link me the story in a PM and I'll edit it into your post. :smile.:

It's been an incredibly busy week with my commitments beyond the Forum, but I'm so glad to see activity is ticking over nicely as we approach the 3 week mark before Phase 2 begins! :biggrin.:

Cambrius

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/358532-defenders-of-lornage/

I'd also like to update my vow.

I realize that, I very well could pick up a primaris or chaos box, and not restrict myself to my old kits to make a model.

I can save the remaining parts of said box for Kill Teams.

So, please, consider my vow as me available to paint normal marines, primaris marines, or chaos marines.

Edited by Berzul

Can we get an updated participant list? 

Much obliged, :biggrin.:

Super excited for Phase 2, everyones entries are amazing!

The list is fully updated with participants added, apologies for the delay there. :smile.:

<EDIT> @ Bruce Malcom: I have linked your short story in at the end of your entry. :tu:

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius

It'd be good if the participant list had a link to each article too, for quick access if anyone wanted it (plus note on allegiance) :thumbsup:

I don't have a great deal of free time currently - not the required amount for a proper feedback response so I'm only pitching in with the Chaos articles but you can be sure I'll read all the loyalist ones when they're done :smile.:

It'd be good if the participant list had a link to each article too, for quick access if anyone wanted it (plus note on allegiance) :thumbsup:

I don't have a great deal of free time currently - not the required amount for a proper feedback response so I'm only pitching in with the Chaos articles but you can be sure I'll read all the loyalist ones when they're done :smile.:

That is an excellent idea WF! I'll look into linking those up later tonight.

If I miss any post a link here to remind me. :D

Cambrius

That is an excellent idea WF! I'll look into linking those up later tonight.

If I miss any post a link here to remind me. :biggrin.:

Cambrius

You're a gem, Cambrius!

Right, I've linked up as many as I saw, with marks for Ultima and Chaos articles to help peeps look out for what they can produce.

If I have missed any please do not hesitate to let me know here with a link. :D

Speaking of, I'd better get to work on my Chaos warband and Ultima Chapter... :ph34r:

Cambrius

Right, I've linked up as many as I saw, with marks for Ultima and Chaos articles to help peeps look out for what they can produce.

If I have missed any please do not hesitate to let me know here with a link. :biggrin.:

Speaking of, I'd better get to work on my Chaos warband and Ultima Chapter... :ph34r.:

Cambrius

A note on the marks for mine: both are Ultima founding/Primaris only, though when it comes to the actual painting of them, it's totally fine if they're First Born; that's just fluff as far as I'm concerned.

Have launched/linked my Angels of Decay now (HERE) finally and have reworked some of the Iron Heralds.  Now to redo the White Talons and launch the Star Leopards. And read through all the articles there is going on... Only a month and a half in before finally starting something.  Go me...

I feel it was smart to do the same faction for Call of Chaos and Liber Swap, y'know? Means I'm focusing down.

Meanwhile, my mind keeps pulling me toward Raven Guard, because I am apparently unable to focus on a single project for more than like 5 minutes. That said, I'm painting up the army that goes with my Liber Swap fluff right now, and it's keeping me focused. I'm kind of forced to wait on my Raven Guard anyway because I'm waiting for Christmas to roll around for that; I'm forced to finish Call of Chaos and Liber Swap before they get here anyway. :happy.:

I've been painting Tau for the last week, so I can both keep my hand in on the whole painting thing and avoid getting burnt out on actual marines.

It's forward planning like that which clearly marks me out as a son of Guilliman! :tongue.:

To keep on topic, however - we're not far out from the modelling side of the challenge now, brothers.

Stay the course - pack as much character as you can into your articles, so whoever is tasking with bringing one of Your Dudes to life has plenty of information and personality to work with!

Besides, to paraphrase the Dark Angels: dedication is its' own reward. The more time and effort that goes into your articles, the more likely somebody will read them and go 'dang, these guys are cool', and at the end of the day I think we all want people to do that! :laugh.:

I've been painting Tau for the last week, so I can both keep my hand in on the whole painting thing and avoid getting burnt out on actual marines.

It's forward planning like that which clearly marks me out as a son of Guilliman! :tongue.:

To keep on topic, however - we're not far out from the modelling side of the challenge now, brothers.

Stay the course - pack as much character as you can into your articles, so whoever is tasking with bringing one of Your Dudes to life has plenty of information and personality to work with!

Besides, to paraphrase the Dark Angels: dedication is its' own reward. The more time and effort that goes into your articles, the more likely somebody will read them and go 'dang, these guys are cool', and at the end of the day I think we all want people to do that! :laugh.:

This is true. At first I worried that I might explode with ideas and pack too much...then I remembered this is a 40k site. Too Much Lore is our thing!

Not long left for this phase, all I need to do is add in the emblem in and I'm done - as far as the deadline is concerned at least! There is still much to do but I want to chop and change some of the more placeholder elements for the deadline also but as ever we'll see what I can fit in :laugh.:

Perhaps I should add that the emblem is not finalised (well, the whole article isn't?) and I've not done anything for it on my own models, so I don't think it should be required for whoever gets the Sunder to paint :tongue.:

=][= 9 DAYS LEFT TO GO! =][=

Yes indeed, brothers and sisters! The final week approaches before Phase 2 begins and everyone will be assigned their Chapters/Warbands.

So just a reminder on what I expect to see to consider a completed article:

1. ​All articles must include description, or image of their Chapter/Warband's heraldry and emblem (if no emblem is worn by the force, then make clear that is the case)
  2. Articles must describe who the Chapter/Warband are and their personality (eg origins, combat style, culture and outlook on allies/regular Imperium citizens/forces) to allow swapping partner to understand what style of Astartes they are creating during Phase 2

I've been painting Tau for the last week

FILTHY XENOS LOVING HERETIC! :P

If I have missed any please do not hesitate to let me know here with a link. :biggrin.:

Speaking of, I'd better get to work on my Chaos warband and Ultima Chapter... :ph34r.:

Cambrius

A note on the marks for mine: both are Ultima founding/Primaris only, though when it comes to the actual painting of them, it's totally fine if they're First Born; that's just fluff as far as I'm concerned.

I'll remove those tags appropriately if desired. :tu:

Yo, got my article in the works.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/359252-index-traitoris-the-scything-claw/

Obviously, they're Chaos.

Added to the list, brother! :D

Have launched/linked my Angels of Decay now (HERE) finally and have reworked some of the Iron Heralds.  Now to redo the White Talons and launch the Star Leopards. And read through all the articles there is going on... Only a month and a half in before finally starting something.  Go me...

Added to the list, Argent! Doesn't matter how late you start if it is complete. And if you fail the have it to the bare minimum standard, no sweat as you have other articles in place at a good level. :tu:

Perhaps I should add that the emblem is not finalised (well, the whole article isn't?) and I've not done anything for it on my own models, so I don't think it should be required for whoever gets the Sunder to paint :tongue.:

You can certainly do that WF! Stating they possess no emblem is perfectly acceptable, just need some lore as to why... ;)

Keep at it my fellow Liberites! Phase 2 approaches! :D

Cambrius