+++THE LIBER ASTARTES SWAP CHALLENGE 2019 - PHASE 1+++

Brother Cambrius

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/359212-lasc-2019-the-omega-cohort/

Link to my Omega Cohort article. @Brother Cambrius these guys were complete a week or so ago but never told anyone.

I don't know if I will be able to get my Dawn Blades article done, but we'll see. Got another deadline the same day for a IRL project, so....*shrug*

+INCOMING VOX TRANSMISSION+

BROTHERS..... THE STORM APPROACHES.

WE SHALL BE TESTED AS IRON UPON AN ANVIL AND BREAK WE SHALL NOT! PREPARE YOUR BRUSHES, YOUR CLIPPERS, AND GET YOUR BRISTLE HYDRATION TECHNIQUES READY. FOR SOON, WE SHALL BEGIN THE GREATEST COMMISSION OF THIS YEAR. BE READY, BROTHERS. 

WE KNOW NO FEAR.

"To admit defeat is to blaspheme the Emperor"

+COUNTDOWN INITIATED+

+INCOMING VOX TRANSMISSION+

BROTHERS..... THE STORM APPROACHES.

WE SHALL BE TESTED AS IRON UPON AN ANVIL AND BREAK WE SHALL NOT! PREPARE YOUR BRUSHES, YOUR CLIPPERS, AND GET YOUR BRISTLE HYDRATION TECHNIQUES READY. FOR SOON, WE SHALL BEGIN THE GREATEST COMMISSION OF THIS YEAR. BE READY, BROTHERS. 

WE KNOW NO FEAR.

"To admit defeat is to blaspheme the Emperor"

+COUNTDOWN INITIATED+

*Chants*

WE SHALL KNOW NO FEAR, BROTHERS!

Aah, thank Tzeentch, we're coming up on the painting half of this. You're welcome, whoever gets me, for doing a simple color scheme, and thank you, whoever I get, for doing this at all.

Edit: By the way, can I get either a Loyalist Chapter which isn't Ultima Founding or a Chaos Warband which is either Undivided or Nurgle? I don't care which, I have models lying around for both. I just don't have Primaris, Slaanesh, Tzeentch or Khornate models lying around to just up and paint for this.

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

Better late than never ...I hope.

I Frostbit3, vow upon the honour of my chapter, the Soul Takers, to write about a DIY chapter in the Liber Astartes by November 1st to a complete standard.  I vow to also complete 1 miniature of a chapter randomly assigned to me before January 1st, 2020.

I can paint standard and primaris marines.  If pushed I could probably scrounge bits for chaos.

Linky Link

Edited by Frostbit3

I have made one more update on the Voidborn, still a lot of work required there but it is the best I could do before today’s deadline.

I have tried to read as many of the other articles as I can but I just have not had time to leave many comments.

Good luck to all for the painting side.

Ohhh man I wasn't paying attention to the deadline. I'm in PST (GMT -8) My Argent Fists are complete but the Oblivion Hunters are going to have to wait until next year sadly. I added some more content to them but I wasn't able to finish the article to a standard I like. Since I didn't actually vow them is it okay if I am not penalized? Just curious. 

As the phase draws to a close, I just want to congratulate everyone's efforts. Some amazing armies have come out of this challenge, and although there are still some I am left to read, each one I have read has been amazing and inspiring.

I hope the work we do on the second phase can do justice to each army.

Again, congratulations, everyone! It has been an amazing experience so far.

You're forgetting that spoop day is not a big deal outside of the US but much more importantly it is outside of the B&C's mission statement :wink: In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war after all... and hobby :tongue.:

I mean, there's lots of spoopy things in the hobby. Daemons, Necrons and Chaos Cults come to mind.

You're forgetting that spoop day is not a big deal outside of the US but much more importantly it is outside of the B&C's mission statement :wink: In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war after all... and hobby :tongue.:

I mean, there's lots of spoopy things in the hobby. Daemons, Necrons and Chaos Cults come to mind.

It's hard to celebrate this 'spoopy day' thing when you Know No Fear. :wink:

Besides, Chaplains dress like skeletons all year 'round. Nothing special about Halloween. :laugh.:

The final day of LASC Phase One is much more exciting, anyway! :thumbsup:

Better late than never ...I hope.

I Frostbit3, vow upon the honour of my chapter, the Soul Takers, to write about a DIY chapter in the Liber Astartes by November 1st to a complete standard.  I vow to also complete 1 miniature of a chapter randomly assigned to me before January 1st, 2020.

I can paint standard and primaris marines.  If pushed I could probably scrounge bits for chaos.

Linky Link

Well now that is outrageously late! Respect to you for signing up in the twilight hour (and looks like a solid submission too) I'll add you to the list.

Ohhh man I wasn't paying attention to the deadline. I'm in PST (GMT -8) My Argent Fists are complete but the Oblivion Hunters are going to have to wait until next year sadly. I added some more content to them but I wasn't able to finish the article to a standard I like. Since I didn't actually vow them is it okay if I am not penalized? Just curious. 

So long as one is completed, you are all good, Aothaine! :thumbsup:

As the phase draws to a close, I just want to congratulate everyone's efforts. Some amazing armies have come out of this challenge, and although there are still some I am left to read, each one I have read has been amazing and inspiring.

I hope the work we do on the second phase can do justice to each army.

Again, congratulations, everyone! It has been an amazing experience so far.

Berzul said it better than I could (although I will effuse my pride and joy at the rip-roaring success this event has been for my first ever run), to every single participant, thank you so much from the bottom of my two hearts and third lung.

I will make a bigger update post later on once Nov 1st has passed for everyone, I will be dealing with some RL responsibilities beyond the Forum so if it is delayed, fret not, I've not been interred into a Dreadnought just yet. :wink:

Just a few hours left!

Cambrius 

Edited by Brother Cambrius

Of course must I had issues regarding my computer and wi-fi.... -.-

I'm deeply sorry for the delay but I've managed to upload everything I came up with in the last few weeks. It is far away from being completed like some other great chapters.

Nonetheless, it's better than nothing. :sweat:

Here's the link: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/358302-ia-the-ashen-blades-lasc-19-wip/

PS:

Furthermore I would like to apologize for not giving any feedback in the last weeks. Don't think that I've skipped your chapters, they all look insanely good. I just didn't had the time to spent reading all those. Nonetheless, I'm amazed by the sheer number of participants and I can't wait for Phase 2 to get rollin'. :)

Edited by Kelborn

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/359606-lasc-2019-index-astartes-dawn-blades/

In like Flynn! 3 IA's done in 2 months! This was fun, can't wait for the next phase to begin!

It should've been something along the lines of:

In like Flynn! 3 IA's done in 2 months, it's a win! This was fun, can't wait for the next phase to begin!

I am disappointed in you, young 'un.

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka

Well...... mission failure. I was counting on uninterrupted time on my days off to knock this out, but a winter storm landed on those days and I ended up spending time at the shop. Took my lap top with me but didn't have but a little time here and there, so no joy:sad.:

If permitted, I'll participate in Phase 2. That, I can knock out for sure. I've a little kit and corner at my favorite game store to build and paint, so I'm ready to go:thumbsup:

I'll endure whatever penance Brother Cambrius deems fit. In the meantime I'll be doing time in a pain glove that a Imperial Fist cousin has generously lent me.

The Praetorian Sword are not done for. I'll be working on them as well as a couple of others I'll submit to next year's LASC:yes: and this time I will succeed.

Congratulations to all of you who successfully completed Phase 1. I've looked through the submissions and they all look splendid . You should be proud of your work and I salute you all. Phase 1 of LASC 2019 is a resounding success. 

Ah! It's November 1st! Glory and such is upon us! WE SHALL PAINT! FOR THE EMPER-

oh.

Welp, I forgot to upload my picture of the marine, and thus I have failed to qualify.

Noooooooooooooooo

(Um, can I still have time? Due to the device I'm posting on, I'll be able to upload the picture ((it's not standard marine with bolter, but it's a marine) in a couple hours...)

Phase 1, the writing stuff about your Chapter(s)/Warband(s), is over.

Phase 2, the painting of a model representing someone else's Chapter/Warband, starts today/tomorrow/whenever Cambrius has time to get us all organised with someone elses Chapter/Warband so don't worry, Bruce Malcom :)

Brothers and Sisters!

It would appear I mistyped my initial post for this event and as such:

=][= YOU HAVE UNTIL THE END OF NOVEMBER 1ST TO COMPLETE ALL ARTICLES TO THE MINIMUM STANDARD! =][=

Use this time wisely.

I will be locking all event threads in LIBER ASTARTES AND LIBER CHAOTICA once November 2nd rolls around in the final timezone and I return home from work. They will be unlocked after I have made the Phase 2 intro post later on.

So gird yourselves my friends, this is truly the final few hours.

Cambrius