Codex Space Marines - Crusader squads?

Slave to Darkness

so you can expect to see them again in

a) Supplement Black Templars

b) Supplement Imperial Fists (incl CF and BT)

c) Codex Black Templars (i dont think so)

d) Campainbook XYZ

yes.... we are black ultramarines. But nowadays ultramarines who know how CC works. indeed.

No. The interim solution is that Black Templars players may take Black Templars units/characters via the WH40K Space Marine Character Datasheets that GW published. That coupled with the Black Templars Chapter Tactics will allow you to play a "Black Templars" army (rather than "black Ultras").

SMChapterTactics-Aug5-BlackTemplars8ghcg

Eventually (hopefully soon), we'll likely see a Codex Supplement: Black Templars.

at the Moment we are black Ultramarines who are still faster into Close combat...  and have a bit defense against mortal wounds.....

but I expect good rules for us.

I disagree, Ultramarines can't take Helbrect or Grimaldus, either one can change the way an army plays.

Grimaldus is not good - never was in 8th Edition. Helbrecht is okay - but in comparison to a generic Chapter master just cheaper into CP - costs. Not better.

Once again I disagree. Grimaldus can use litanies ontop of his aura, effectively using more than one litany at a time, he comes with a plasma pistol, and he is only 18 points more than a standard chaplain. The only way for Grimaldus to be bad right now is if chaplains are bad right now. He is a straight upgrade.

Helbrect grants +1 str to models in 6inches, which is not something I can get from a generic chapter master.

Ultramarines also can't take a back line objective sitter for 6 points.

I will however grant that there is not much reason to take crusader squads until we get a supplement. I am not the Marshal of your crusade though brother, so it is fine if you have a different take.

Edited by Link2edition

:cool.: Supplement Imperial Fists (incl CF and BT)

d) Campainbook XYZ

yes.... we are black ultramarines. But nowadays ultramarines who know how CC works. indeed.

You forgot to add 'Space Marine Legends' edition

Helbrect grants +1 str to models in 6inches, which is not something I can get from a generic chapter master.

Interesting, so what units would he be useful near? Sword Brethren or normal choppy Crusader squads?

Interesting, so what units would he be useful near? Sword Brethren or normal choppy Crusader squads?

I am using it right now for sword brethren and devastators. I group about 30 marines around him and use his rerolls for shooting on the drop, then when the enemy charges me (as I just dropped half my army 9inches infront of them) I am swinging back with strength 5 attacks.

I play my Templar as a counter charge army. Everyone is equipped with the tools to assault, and the tools to shoot. I fight in both phases with all my units, Helbrect gives some much needed punch to stuff like devastators in assault, while also making already strong units just a little bit better.

d) Campainbook XYZ

i read leaks about them... no BT unit was in there. This source is very trustful. 

I am using it right now for sword brethren and devastators. I group about 30 marines around him and use his rerolls for shooting on the drop, then when the enemy charges me (as I just dropped half my army 9inches infront of them) I am swinging back with strength 5 attacks.

I play my Templar as a counter charge army. Everyone is equipped with the tools to assault, and the tools to shoot. I fight in both phases with all my units, Helbrect gives some much needed punch to stuff like devastators in assault, while also making already strong units just a little bit better.

it speaks for itself.

d) Campainbook XYZ

i read leaks about them... no BT unit was in there. This source is very trustful. 

In where? Legends?

Little, in all honesty. It doesn't make sense lore wise.

We now know that new, non-indomitus Primaris are created from neophytes, and Phobos armoured marines are not replacing scouts, because Phobos armoured marines are full initiates.

Our chapter trains its neophytes in a pupil & master structure within the Crusader Squad, why would that change? 'Intercessors' are still initiates and they would be asked to train neophytes. They don't need to train the Phobos marines.

If anything, I'd like to see some new scouts.

In the fiirst pages of the FAQ (other sources Space Marines) there is everything which is out of the books... not any Black Templar specific char

Those are all units from the Index which were updated to have the new AoD rule and chaplain Litanies. There are no BT units that are index only so why would we have anything there?  We have the PDF GW provided all the chapters without a supplement that has our unique units in it.