Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000pts Astra Militarum Combined Regiments

Astra Militarum Tallaran Cadian Custodes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

DarthWaffle

DarthWaffle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum

Hey folks, 

Getting back into 40k after a long hiatus. I've been working on a list for 2000pts that I can scale down to 1500 and 1750pts without losing the core of the army. I've been humming and hawing on if I wanted to include Custodes Vertus Praetors (which are beautiful models) as an Auxillary detachment or run a Shadowsword or other Baneblade variant to get me to 2,000 pts. 

At 1500pts I would drop the Chimera's and the Custodes and run a straight AM force with Spearhead detachment. 

The core of this force is Cadian Battalion made up of 5 infantry squads with Plasma guns. 

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [6-1=5CP]

Total CP: 8

++Battalion Detachment +5CP Astra Miliatarum - 675pts++

Regimental Doctrine: Cadian 

HQ 251pts

Company Commander (Warlord: Grand Strategiest), Laspistol, Chainsword, Kurolv's Aquila

Knight Commander Pask: Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter Sponson, Punisher Gatling Cannon

Troops 235pts

Infantry Squad: Plasmagun, Laspistol, Chainsword

Elites 20pts

Platoon Commander: Laspistol Cahinsword

Heavy Support 169pts 

Heavy Weapons Squad: 3xMortar

Wyvern: Heavy Bolter

++Spearhead Detachment +1CP Astra Miliatarum - 1052pts++

Reigmental Doctrine: Tallaran

HQ - 371pts 

Tank Commander: Demolisher Cannon, Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Tank Commander: Executioner Plasma Cannon, Heavy Bolter, Plasma Cannon Sponsons 

Heavy Support - 456pts

Leman Russ Battle Tank: Battlecannon, Heavy Bolter 

Dedicated Transport - 225pts 

Chimera: Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter

Chimera: Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter

Chimera: Multi-laser, Heavy Bolter 

++Auxiliary SupportDetachment -1CP Adeptus Custodes  - 270pts++

Vertus Praetors (3): 3x Interceptor Lance, 3xHurricane Bolter

I'm also trying to make a list that I can use with models I already have on hand. I would need to acquire another Leman Russ, Praetors, 1x Infantry Squad, 1x Heavy Weapon Squad. 

My thoughts were to try and make this list a somewhat mobile force. I can always run the Chimera's empty or load up later in the game to snag objectives. Custodes on bikes seem very powerful and give me some close combat punch that AM desperately needs. They can also act as a counter charge unit should one of my tanks become bogged in combat.

I was unsure if I could use the dedicated Tallaran transports with Cadian's from another detachment. Is this legal (queue meme)? 

Thanks! 

Edited by DarthWaffle, 04 September 2019 - 07:30 PM.

"One cannot consider the fate of a single man, nor ten, nor a hundred, nor a thousand. Billions will live or die by our actions here, and we have not the luxury to count the cost." - Inquisitor Lord Kryptman

HallofStovokor

HallofStovokor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 467 posts
I'd drop the transports. This will allow you to take a battalion of tallarn. You should have enough points to make another tank into a tank commander. Give the tallarn battalion into an Emperor's Fist detachment and equip the relic battle cannon. The Hammer of Sunderance is exactly like a battle cannon except that it does a flat 3 damage.

Honestly cadian or catachan would work best for battle cannons as you want to reroll the number of shots from the main gun. Cadian tank order let's you do that and you reroll 1s for cadia. Catachan also let you reroll number of shots due to regimental doctrine and a tank order less you reroll 1s. The executioner and battle cannons are your most consistent anti-tank weapons. The demolisher is good, but it must get close to unleash hell. Tallarn isn't bad, if you intend on moving a lot, but it's regimental order doesn't help you plasma too much.
  • Halfpint100 likes this

sairence

sairence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 373 posts
I would make your battalion Tallarn and your Spearhead Cadian tbh. You have few things in the Spearhead that really benefit as it stands.

Move Pask, the Wyvern and the Mortars to the Spearhead and the Demolisher TC and Chimeras to the Battalion, as they'll need the extra mobility most. The Battletanks can all go in a squad if you lack HS slots in the Spearhead.

The Custosdes gives a 5++ to infantry, right? It's a big investment to protect some fairly cheap things, especially 3 of them. I would drop to one and rather get another squad and upgrade the Platoon Commander to another CC.
gallery_30308_9518_8251.png

DarthWaffle

DarthWaffle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts

Hey guys, thanks for your feedback. I think I want to stick with mono Regiments for simplicity and identification. Cadian's it is! 

Did some thinking about what I wanted to do. Tank commanders are just so darn powerful hitting on 3+. Decided to drop the Custodes and Chimeras in favor of a Supreme Command Detachment. I've really wanted to run a Shadowsword or Stormlord for a while.

I added Vindicare Assassin but I'm still 50/50 on the idea. I could drop him in favor of another Company Commander, Tech Priest, and Astropath. 

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [6-1=5CP]

Total CP: 8

++Battalion Detachment +5CP Astra Miliatarum - 675pts++

HQ 251pts

Company Commander (Warlord: Grand Strategist), Laspistol, Chainsword, Kurolv's Aquila

Knight Commander Pask: Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter Sponson, Punisher Gatling Cannon

Troops 218pts

Infantry Squad: Grenade Launcher, Laspistol, Chainsword

Infantry Squad: Flamer, Laspistol, Chainsword

Elites 20pts

Platoon Commander: Laspistol Chainsword

Heavy Support 169pts 

Wyvern: Heavy Bolter

++Supreme Command Detachment +1CP Astra Miliatarum - 1257pts++

Reigmental Doctrine: Cadian

HQ 739pts 

Tank Commander: Executioner Plasma Cannon, Plasma Cannon Sponsons, Heavy Bolter

Tank Commander: Demolisher Cannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Heavy Bolter

Tank Commander: Battlecannon, Lascannon

Tank Commander: Battlecannon, Lascannon

Elite 26pts

Astropath: Nightshroud, Laspistol

Lord of War 492pts  

Shadowsword: 2xLascannon+Twin Heavy Bolter Sponsons 

++Auxiliary SupportDetachment -1CP Officio Assasinorum - 85pts++

Elites 85pts 
Vindicare Assassin: Exitus Rifle, Exitus Pistol, Blind Grenades 

OR 

Company Commander

Astropath 

Tech Priest 

(Drop infantry Squad Flamer for a Grenade Launcher) 

83pts 

Thoughts? 

Edited by DarthWaffle, 10 September 2019 - 06:50 PM.

• BIG ROB OF DEATH likes this

"One cannot consider the fate of a single man, nor ten, nor a hundred, nor a thousand. Billions will live or die by our actions here, and we have not the luxury to count the cost." - Inquisitor Lord Kryptman

DarthWaffle

DarthWaffle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts

Okay ladies and germs, made some changes. Pure Astra Militarum baby! Let me know if I made a mistake here. 

Changes: 

• Hydra for the those pesky units with the Flyer keyword. 
  • Spearhead for extra scoring redundancy 
  • Battalion cause Hellhounds are not the worst tax unit I could take 300ish points
  • Astropath and Tech-Priest to heal my tanks
  • 6 Leman Russ'

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Brigade + Spearhead [13CP]

Total CP: 16

++Battalion Detachment +12CP Astra Miliatarum - 1322pts++

HQ 423pts

Company Commander (Warlord: Grand Strategist), Laspistol, Chainsword, Kurolv's Aquila

Tank Commander: Executioner Plasma Cannon, Plasma Cannon Sponsons, Heavy Bolter

Tank Commander: Demolisher Cannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Heavy Bolter

Elites 76pts

Platoon Commander: Laspistol Chainsword

Astropath: Laspistol

Tech-Priest Enginseer

Troops 218pts

Fast Attack 303pts

Hellhound

Hellhound

Hellhound

Heavy Support 262pts 

Wyvern

Hydra

++Spearhead Detachment +1CP Astra Miliatarum - 677pts++

HQ 221pts

Heavy Support 456pts

Edited by DarthWaffle, 17 September 2019 - 05:24 AM.

HallofStovokor

HallofStovokor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 467 posts
I'd strongly recommend making one of the battle cannons into a tank commander so you can equip the hammer of sunderance. You're very heavily invested in tanks at the cost of company commanders. You need more orders for your troops. Another thing is your warlord trait and relic choice. You're only allowed to regenerate 1 CP per round. That makes it pointless to have both the aquila and grand strategist. I'd recommend a different warlord trait.

DarthWaffle

DarthWaffle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 56 posts

@HallofStovokor, I'll give that a shot! I'd very much like to model a cool Hammer of Sunderance with something from the Solar Auxilla line. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astra Militarum, Tallaran, Cadian, Custodes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users