Jud’s Black Legion Chaos Army

The Pounder

Thanks Prot!

I’ll Field them in 2 squads with 2 Lascannons and 2 Missile launchers. I like having some redundancy in my lists where possible.

WarriorFish, I’ll post some more pics when I finish what I have so far.

Bjorn Firewalker, cheers!

Next up Lascannon and a Missile Launcher!

• 2 weeks later...
I've finally finished my first squad of Havocs!
I won't be fielding them like this but I've finished my first box.
Really enjoying working on these. The basic squaddies are more detailed than some other faction's elites!
I currently only have 1 box of Marines so they'll be next up.
Thanks for looking!

Thanks very much Tyriks and WarriorFish!

NecroShadow, eventually my army will be led by the big guy himself, Abaddon. For now though it’ll be either a Khorne lord or a Sorcerer.

Quick question, with building the CSM box, does the icon have to be placed on the Champion or can another marine carry it?

Cheers WarriorFish, I'll place it on one of the bolter marines.

Thanks ElDuderino I always try to use a limited palette.

Finished my Aspiring Champion!
I went with the Power Axe and Boltpistol. Cause they look epic!

I really love the Primaris helmet on the back pack, hopefully sign of things to come!

Excellent work on the Havocs and the Champion. Is the latter sworn to Chaos Undivided? To a specific Chaos God? Or do you want the option of switching to whichever Mark of Chaos will give him the biggest advantage against the opponent you'll face in your next game? (I approve of such tactical flexibility.)

And are those Harlequin masks worn as trophies over his backpack's stabilizing jets, proof of his victories over the foul xenos? (I also approve of "bringing the Aeldari down a peg.")

Thanks Bjorn!

I’m keeping all my basic CSM with no mark. Like you say it does give some tactical flexibility!

My Havocs will all be Mark of Slaanesh just because it makes sense! It’s a well trodden path.

I painted the Harlequin masks bone to offer a point of difference/colour, glad you like.

Another milestone to report.
I've finished my first squad of troops!
These 5 will be bolstered by the Chaincannon pictured with the Havoc squad (previously pictured)
Really happy with the quality of the sculpts.
Makes the models lots of fun to paint!
Next up wil be another 5 CSM (I'll be running them in 6's with a heavy weapon in each)

Thanks very much!

Galloway, I decided to go with green as a hangover from my HH days. Little did I know that Abaddon has tried to distance himself from the Sons of Horus days!

Cheers Bjorn.

Tyriks, it’s just practice (I’m a bit of an old git!)

Silverson, no problem my recipe for gold is a base coat of Runelord Brass, wash of Agra’s Earthshade, line highlights of Runelord Brass and Stormhost Silver to finish.

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...
Finally finished my second squad of Marines for my Black Legion!
Can't say enough good things about these kits, they're really fun to paint and model.
I'm not the most patient of people so I usually get frustrated when building models! These have flown together.
Anyway here's the pics:
Thanks for looking.