No LotD anymore?

Lord Kallozar

Hi all, the legion of the damned do not appear to be in the new codex, so what’s happened to them? Can I no longer field them at all anymore? Do they no longer exist? Please help.

They're still an index unit (to be a future Legends unit) but they probably need an updated kit pretty badly.

With the changes to how the codex works they could be moving to something we'll have to ally in.

What space marine index? Sorry for my lack of understanding. I only thought it was the codex that could be used?

They are talking about this Index: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/229428/warhammer-40000-index-imperium-1

And you can still use it per the Designer Commentary and GW's numerous comments about using it for models/daasheets/Wargear options that don't have rules in the Codex.

I have 15 of the finecast Legion of the damned and they're great sculpts with nothing to complain about. Well, they're a ridiculous pain to clean but so were metals to be honest.

It has more to do with the changes to the marine book (and likely them wanting to break Lots back out of the Marines so they can be more of their own thing and pop up in other armies to fit their lore more) and the company moving away from Finecast and metal.

Many years ago, during the Andy Chambers golden age, him and I believe Pete Haines showcased a new army list for Legion of the Damned. The army list was published in White Dwarf.

I firmly believe, after the Marines release has finished its echo, we'll see new Codex books for new factions. This is following the AoS model which so far GW is doing. (The only exception here is GW actually did release new rules for Legacy armies)

Legion of the Damned will be one of those Codex books.

Edited by Captain Idaho

There are no LotD Primaris so there wont be a new kit for them, unfortunately.

<Communication Archive Log 2353.B41Z>

Somewhere deep in flamey space...

A LotD trooper approaches his Captain on the command bridge, and with a spark of indignation in his voice he expresses his concern 'The Marines in real space now have larger, more powerful marines! We will look like children dressing up for Halloween, we'll be laughed off the field of battle!'

The Captain turns to the trooper, and places a hand on the troopers shoulder. 'Fear not trooper, for reasons contrived and heretofore unspoken, we have a company of Primaris marines, who have been waiting a long time to join glorious battle!' The Captain steps back with hands on hips, with pride blazing in his eyes proclaims 'We are the Legion of the Damned! And we shall not be left behind to smoulder like some cast aside xenos after a flamer assault!'

Trooper raises a skeptical eyebrow... 'Contrived reason?' he asks with burning curiosity. 

The Captain pauses, then looks at the trooper. 'Why yes, we'll have a very good reason to have Primaris marines...' he trails off, contemplating. An idea forms, takes shape and ignites in the Captain's mind 'We were... to be the first Chapter to have Pirmaris...' The Captain pauses to consider further '...we were to be an experiment... to see how they could be incorporated into an existing Chapter back when we were the Fire Hawks, if that's who we really were of course' The Captain winks at the trooper knowingly.

'Chaos obviously wouldn't like that, so...we get...' waves hand vaguely 'and here we are. Lots of troops to stay current to sell minia... I mean battlefield ready in these grim dark times.' 

The trooper stares blankly. 'And this will be accepted?' 

'Of course!' replies the Captain warmly. 'As long as we have a hero who gives a nostalgic nod to a hero of the olden days, we can feed people any old sh...'

<Archive Log Terminated>

There are no LotD Primaris so there wont be a new kit for them, unfortunately.

'Of course!' replies the Captain warmly. 'As long as we have a hero who gives a nostalgic nod to a hero of the olden days, we can feed people any old sh...'

<Archive Log Terminated>

God I would hate a Primaris Centurious. 

Having actual fire on the armour instead of the old 'get the trainee sculptors to sculpt bones and flames on them' would look good. Although no doubt GW will go OTT with it and each marine will be the size of a dreadnought once all the bling/flames have been added. 

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/05/5/1549017281-img-20190201-104404.jpg

I'd dig it if they updated the Legion of the Damned to differ them from the main Marine line. Make them completely demonic/ghost like being phantoms of dead marines wreathed in flames wearing power armor like Ghan's converted reivers.

Legion of the Damned weren't in the previous marine book, their absence from the 2.0 one will have nothing to do with a new codex.

We'll probably see the datasheet in a Psychic awakening book which may or may not involve new models for them.

I saw a leak anywere that shows up a few units that will stay in an index and wont be changed anymore so far.

Very sad if that will be true... LotD is one thing GeDub doesnt realise what makes 40k so good. 

They are just on the way to transfer 40k in a newer 30k because the Horus Heresy used to be so succesfull. Problem is that I think they dont realise what makes the Horus Heresy so good - its not the focus on the legions itself... its more the connection between 30k and 40k (AND Primarchs)