No LotD anymore?

Lord Kallozar

No current models = no rules was a change they made in Age of Sigmar that heralded the end of customer focus. Back to the old tricks again (the Skaventide book didn't include a recent plastic unit on sale a year and a half before).

But would they sell enough to make it worthwhile? I doubt they were selling like hot cakes even before the new codex dropped.

Same could be said for Sisters of Battle. Of course there isn't market demand for an extra-expensive finecast only line. But as soon as they would release a new plastic kit and rules there would be demand.

GW puts out lots of things lately with questionable demand. Most likely we’ll get them as part of some board game followed by WD rules. I never thought we’d see Sisters again or plastic assassins or Genestealer Cult again. No telling what crazy releases will show up in the next few years.

I'd actually say lotd will be one of the few specific marine models to make a come back. Why? Gw have said their range of models became too cumbersome and bloated, and I agree. Some many chapter specific boxes and units was a stupid route to go and could never be properly maintained. The new route is let people paint chapter specific or even convert but the models they release will be generic. Just look at sigmarites as to where it will go. They can release a new primaris unit and every chapter can use it. Everyone enjoys the new release. Rather than blood angel specific terminators and tactical squads (why was either box ever needed? Even successor chapters of blood angels couldn't use those boxes. ).

So this is where lotd work well as any chapter can use them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 15 of the finecast Legion of the damned and they're great sculpts with nothing to complain about. Well, they're a ridiculous pain to clean but so were metals to be honest.

haha. i have a 10 man squad of metal legion of the damned. i preferred metal over the crackcast models.

i doubt GW will make primaris Lotd because it would ruin the lore.

GW site is showing legion of damned set (20 models) . I wonder if they are all crackcast or metal?

I wonder if they are all crackcast or metal?

I'd say if they were still metal, that'd tell you all you need to know on how high demand has been for them.

Now, I'd go so far as to hazard to guess that the small codex they did was likely a test by GW to see just how well LotD do sell. Regardless, I don't think Primaris marines would at all be neccessary for them to eventually get plastic, I could have seen a small single sprue for an old marine squad being made of the same size as death guard or thousand sons. Assuming they sold well enough for GW to think it warrants the effort. 

GW might actually still get around to it, I doubt they're very high up on the priority scale though so I wouldn't hold my breath.