Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Next C: SM supplements: Raven Guard & Iron Hands

• Please log in to reply
595 replies to this topic

LordValrak

LordValrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,514 posts

Just an update, my source (the guy who sent me the pics of the Imperial Fist Boxset last Christmas) has said his shop now has both the Raven Guard Supplement and the Iron Hand supplement in the stock room, both with their character models (Shrike and Iron Father). His guess is the 21st for Pre-orders as another AoS product is coming before it.

Edited by LordValrak, 05 September 2019 - 01:19 PM.

• mithrilforge, Morticon, Shadow Captain Vyper and 13 others like this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,264 posts
Valrak, you do the Emperor proud.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,258 posts
Two black marine supplements at once then? Not what I'd have gone with.

LordValrak

LordValrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,514 posts

It is strange, he also said the Iron Hand upgrade kit was his favorite. 

• Reinhard likes this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,326 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

Missed opportunity to release Sallies to, for the Isstvan Tinity theme.

• Marshal Loss and Bryan Blaire like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,690 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

Missed opportunity to release Sallies to, for the Isstvan Tinity theme.

True, but I'm thinking they are still running production on the Sallies and IF sprues (especially if they corrected and recut the latter) like crazy, or it's winding down and packaging is going nuts, if they are to be out in October.
  • Marshal Rohr likes this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Iron Father Bahadur

Iron Father Bahadur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 50 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

This makes me very happy.

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,878 posts

T hmer and robot limbbs
banana

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,690 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

T hmer and robot limbbs

Along with at least one MkX helm, at least one head with bionic skull, and what appears to be an alternative round drum bolt rifle piece (probably just an alternative auto-bolt rifle bit), and the various pauldrons per usual.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Iron Father Bahadur

Iron Father Bahadur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 50 posts

T hmer and robot limbbs

Along with at least one MkX helm, at least one head with bionic skull, and what appears to be an alternative round drum bolt rifle piece (probably just an alternative auto-bolt rifle bit), and the various pauldrons per usual.

There's definitely two bionic skull heads. If you look at the chaplain and the two sergeants in the codex picture you'll notice the wiring on the metal skull cover and the facemasks are different.

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 67 posts

Just an update, my source (the guy who sent me the pics of the Imperial Fist Boxset last Christmas) has said his shop now has both the Raven Guard Supplement and the Iron Hand supplement in the stock room, both with their character models (Shrike and Iron Father). His guess is the 21st for Pre-orders as another AoS product is coming before it.

Praise the god emperor. Still, it’s going to continue to be painful to wait for my iron hands after having seen this stuff ages ago :P

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,261 posts

After running my 30k DG as Iron Hands in 40k, very excited to see what they get!

• BlueBiscuit Raider likes this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,348 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

Very keen to see the Iron Hands stuff!

• Marshal Rohr likes this

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,434 posts

Split these posts off from the Shrike topic as they deserve their own thread.

Cheers for the info, Valrak. :tu:

• Marshal Rohr, templargdt and sfPanzer like this

tn_gallery_45765_15430_660.pnggallery_45765_12339_44045.pngtn_gallery_45765_11834_1547.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Accept all challenges, no matter the odds.

Suffer not the Heretic to live.

Abhor the Typo.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,315 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I'm not surprised the IH upgrade sprue is his favourite. From what we've seen in the new Codex it's by far the most flavourful one while the others have been pretty generic.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts

What's the reason people think thunderhammers will be on the IH sprue, is it just because the handflamer will most likely be on the Salamander one? Or are IH known for using a lot of thunderhammers (I'm not really read up on their lore)?

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,258 posts

It's literally just guessing.

Given that the sprues typically only have one weapon each. Which is most likely for the handflamer? Which is then most likely for the hammer, etc.

• Black Blow Fly likes this

Fenriwolf

Fenriwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 96 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists

What's the reason people think thunderhammers will be on the IH sprue, is it just because the handflamer will most likely be on the Salamander one? Or are IH known for using a lot of thunderhammers (I'm not really read up on their lore)?

The old IH tactical squad box was (in my memory) the first place where they placed a spare thunder hammer (in addition to bionic hands/legs).Most likely it comes from that

Edited by Fenriwolf, 06 September 2019 - 07:50 AM.

• Chaplain Dosjetka and PiñaColada like this

Cyrox

Cyrox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,029 posts

Looking forward to seeing both of these upgrade sprues

"I remember when Ragnar Blackmane had blond hair and this was aaaallll fields....."

gallery_60566_6038_4617.gif tn_gallery_60566_6038_42067.jpg gallery_60566_6038_1993.gif

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,754 posts

Kiroth ran a rumor today.

2 supplements coming in 2 months, then the next 2 in 2 months after that.

Blacktemplar vs Orks new starter, new ghaz.

If true kinda lines up with my idea.

Darkangels book, 2 suuplements, two months after that bloodangels next 2 supps

Was Kirioth right about the two months? Guess we'll see by the end of the month.

Apparently his source also told him Iron Hands and Raven Guard would be one of the pairs, but he seems to have an updated rumour that those two will be the last Supplements to come out, which, considering the reveals we've had, doesn't seem to make sense.

Edited by DeadFingers, 06 September 2019 - 10:32 AM.

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 536 posts

Apparently his source also told him Iron Hands and Raven Guard would be one of the pairs, but he seems to have an updated rumour that those two will be the last Supplements to come out, which, considering the reveals we've had, doesn't seem to make sense.

Since I only get my rumours from here and don’t care enough to follow anywhere else, I can’t quite remember who said what, but wasn’t that his original statement which was then later followed by another stating the release order had to be unexpectedly changed, or was that from someone else?

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,754 posts

Since I only get my rumours from here and don’t care enough to follow anywhere else, I can’t quite remember who said what, but wasn’t that his original statement which was then later followed by another stating the release order had to be unexpectedly changed, or was that from someone else?

I don't watch Kirioth either, I just checked his latest video about this rumour and he had this to say.

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,264 posts

Tinfoil hat time...

The latest leak sent to Kirioth was a smoke test to see who's leaking gak ;)

• Black Blow Fly and quasistellar like this

Iron Father Bahadur

Iron Father Bahadur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 50 posts

Tinfoil hat time...

The latest leak sent to Kirioth was a smoke test to see who's leaking gak msn-wink.gif

LOL I was thinking about posting this exact thought and was like "mehhh that's way too paranoid"

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,754 posts

Tinfoil hat time...

The latest leak sent to Kirioth was a smoke test to see who's leaking gak msn-wink.gif

We must be sharing a hat, because I thought the same.

We've seen pictures of the Iron Hands upgrade sprue in action in the Codex, the Iron Hands Primaris characters, and Shrike, but nothing about Sallies or Fists. It'd be a weird move to switch them around. I could believe that they've had some last minute issue and decided on switching them IF we'd only seen the upgrade bits and Iron Hands character, but with how recently they've shown Shrike, they must have everything already in place for the Raven Guard Supplement to be released. They wouldn't have shown only Shrike if they weren't entirely about what's next.

So yeah, it smells like they've been intentionally feeding some made up/mixed info around the place to see who's been fueling the unofficial rumour engine.

Either that, or if we add another layer of tinfoil, and we believe the theory that these recent years all leaks have been intentional from GW to generate hype and keep the community busy with theories, then Kirioth's source are GW themselves and they're blowing smoke up his Eye of Terror to keep the illusion that unofficial rumour mongering isn't always reliable or accurate, even if they get some info right.

The truth is out there, folks. ph34r.png

Edited by DeadFingers, 06 September 2019 - 12:55 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users