Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Next C: SM supplements: Raven Guard & Iron Hands

• Please log in to reply
595 replies to this topic

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,935 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
While amusing, let's not go down the rabbit hole of conspiracy theories, eh? msn-wink.gif
  • Panzer likes this
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,014 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

Apparently his source also told him Iron Hands and Raven Guard would be one of the pairs, but he seems to have an updated rumour that those two will be the last Supplements to come out, which, considering the reveals we've had, doesn't seem to make sense.

Well, bear in mind that we saw the Iron Hands Primaris character months ago and yet Tigurius and Kor'sarro appeared first along with their supplements pretty much out of the blue. There's no reason they couldn't spring the stuff we haven't seen first.

The one i'm most interested in is Imperial Fists, because assuming it rolls in Crimson Fists and Black Templars as we expect, it might get a release window to itself given how many new kits might be attached to it.

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_30096.jpggallery_84244_11417_17741.pnggallery_84244_11417_22884.pnggallery_84244_16660_5008.jpggallery_84244_11417_13552.png

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

Well, bear in mind that we saw the Iron Hands Primaris character months ago and yet Tigurius and Kor'sarro appeared first along with their supplements pretty much out of the blue. There's no reason they couldn't spring the stuff we haven't seen first.

The one i'm most interested in is Imperial Fists, because assuming it rolls in Crimson Fists and Black Templars as we expect, it might get a release window to itself given how many new kits might be attached to it.

According to Kirioth's source, Crimson Fists will be included in the Imperial Fists Supplement, but Black Templars will get their own Supplement (outside of the announced six, which are the founding Chapters).

Guess we'll see how that starts to unfold as we go forward.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,961 posts

According to Kirioth's source, Crimson Fists will be included in the Imperial Fists Supplement, but Black Templars will get their own Supplement (outside of the announced six, which are the founding Chapters).

Guess we'll see how that starts to unfold as we go forward.
I thought kiroth said that black Templars would be in a campaign book. Not in a stand alone supp
  • Panzer likes this
banana

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

I thought kiroth said that black Templars would be in a campaign book. Not in a stand alone supp

In the video that I watched, which is his latest on the rumour, he says, verbatim, "Black Templars will get their own book". He himself expresses doubts on the matter but also says he'd love it to be true.

• Triszin likes this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,610 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Lol I said all this stuff was happening too, but no one believes me :-P

Maybe I'm the guy sending Kirioth his info. He has quoted me in the past after all...

But seriously, I think Iron Hands and Raven Guard will indeed be the next. From whisperings online it seems the first release of "Psychic Awakening" could be happening as soon as the end of this month/start of next.

Edited by Ishagu, 06 September 2019 - 03:34 PM.

-~Ishagu~-

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,062 posts

Why are we treating "the two chapters who have already had their characters revealed are next" like it's some grand revelation?

• Juggernut likes this

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,878 posts
We now know when they are coming.
Thats the revelation.
So it seems IF and Sallies December.
Lets see what happens with BT. The wait continues.

Edited by Sete, 06 September 2019 - 03:59 PM.

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,206 posts
  • Faction: Knights/imperial fists

Thats the revelation.

Well it would make sense so we could have Fistmas
  • Parweke, Rune Priest Jbickb, Red_Shift and 2 others like this

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,305 posts

Thats the revelation.

Well it would make sense so we could have Fistmas

Yes it's ironic, I was disappointed that fists are likely not out til December and my wife was just pleased to know what do get me for Xmas for once!

I'm buying the iron hands guy regardless. Too cool to pass up on especially as he will be a good primaris techmarine for now.

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 838 posts

Thats the revelation.

If Valrak's source is right, it'll actually be six weeks between the Smurfs/Scars and Hands/Ravens. If they follow that schedule for the last two, then they'd be out mid-November.

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

ALIENAGENUS_Iron Father Bahadur_FALSUS

• ALENAGENUS
From the Iron Hands FB group (I’m not the source), served with salt:

So I had a look at our new supplement, and not to spoil too much, but it is looking pretty strong, below are some notes to wet your appetite:

- The Iron Father gives units within 6 inches of him a 5+ invulnerable save (goodbye to my Deredeo dreadnought lol)

- He automatically repairs 3 wounds on any vehicles once per turn

- A stratagem allows you to perform the repair action twice; another psychic power allows you to heal up to D3 wounds on any vehicles, meaning you can heal up to a maximum of 9 wounds on a vehicle of your choice.

Iron Hands Leviathans are going to be hard to kill, your opponent has to completely kill it or it will pretty much function normally. 💪🏻

Oh and apparently there is a way to turn a dreadnought into a character, meaning your Ironclad is now free to just walk across the board and punch people in the face lol!

Edited by Iron Father Bahadur, 07 September 2019 - 12:04 PM.

• Juggernut, Ishagu, autek mor and 2 others like this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,610 posts
Yep, I believe it. Fits quite nicely with what the FLG guys were saying about them potentially being the strongest.

Those abilities are fantastic. I can already see some incredibly powerful combinations that would push them ahead of the Ultras, which I'm not actually too bitter about.

Edited by Ishagu, 07 September 2019 - 02:34 PM.

• jeremy1391 likes this

-~Ishagu~-

crazyterran

crazyterran

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 703 posts

It all boils down to what their Devastator Doctrine booster is. If it's something like "While in Devastator Doctrine, vehicles with the IRON HANDS keyword treat ap-1 attacks as ap0" or something not quite so strong, it won't be completely crazy for them to have some good strats and such.

I have to imagine even GW knows the Devastator Doctrine is the most powerful, and the IH already have the best chapter tactic...

Then again, GW seems to love making IH stuff bonkers, who remembers 5th, 6th, and the first book of 7th edition?

I'm happy for my IH brothers - sounds like they are going to be powerful, and finally getting a character!

Exilyth

Exilyth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 478 posts
  • Faction: AM, SM, GSC

baseless speculation: There are no primaris techmarines yet - releasing primaris techmarines alongside iron hands would make some sense.

• Black Blow Fly likes this

WH40k: Astra Militarum: ~2500 Pts, Space Marines: ~2500 Pts, GSC: ~1000 Pts

"Reduce, recycle, reuse - don't waste your sprues!"

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 838 posts

baseless speculation: There are no primaris techmarines yet - releasing primaris techmarines alongside iron hands would make some sense.

It would, if they hadn't JUST released a codex for all chapters that doesn't include a Techmarine unit. It would sort of defeat one of the selling points of the new codex to release a brand-new unit just a couple months afterwards that wasn't included. Hell, the Infiltrator and Eliminator multi-part kits and the Impulsor still haven't been released and they were all in the codex. 

Any new units in the Iron Hands supplement will be Iron Hands specific, not a generic unit like a Techmarine. And more than likely, the only new *model* will be the Iron Father character, although there are rumors of a separate unit that will be constructed from an existing model and the Iron Hands upgrade kit.

Edited by Lord Nord, 07 September 2019 - 07:23 PM.

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

• ALENAGENUS

Gut is this’ll come in a future gravis/armored might wave.
  • Ishagu likes this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,610 posts
Yep, in the next Shadoespear style release

-~Ishagu~-

crazyterran

crazyterran

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 703 posts

Maybe they'll let Iron Hands intercessor squad sergeants take Gravis Armour :P

• mel_danes and Doctor Perils like this

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,144 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
I want Gravis Terminators !!!
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Shadow Captain Vyper

Shadow Captain Vyper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,345 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard

I want Gravis Terminators !!!

I want a whole new pattern of armor beyond gravis that's more akin to Centurions (stats not aesthetics) to represent primaris terminators. 4W, 2+/4++
  • Red_Shift and Aztek like this

"A Mind Without Purpose Will Wander in Dark Places..."

gallery_16835_13820_5804.jpggallery_6494_6331_8260.png

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I'm honestly wondering what they'll do for Primaris Techmarines considering the IH Primaris Iron Father looks rather generic already.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,305 posts
I think making him look generic may be part of the plan. I'm all for Iron Hands getting some attention but I'm not sure they are that popular. I've been into this hobby for over twenty years and I don't think I've ever seen an Iron Hands collection. Great news for the guys that do collect them but the rest of us will be grateful for a primaris techmarine and the opportunity to get some more bionic components.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,610 posts
The Iron Hands have always struck me as a no-nonsense chapter.
I don't expect fancy capes, plumes or lots of bling on all of their heroes or units.
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept
You can be no nonsense without looking generic. The new Shrike model is the best example for that.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users