Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

=][= BROKEN SIGNATURE IMAGES =][=

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,618 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
Many members currently have images in their signatures that are not showing. Most of these are due to the recent disabling of the Fortress of the Unforgiven website, which previously hosted many of the images used as badges for the E Tenebrae Lux challenges. The disabling of this site and resulting broken images isn't your fault, but in many cases it has resulted in signatures not being compliant with the forum rules.

We didn't do anything right away in hopes that the Fortress of the Unforgiven site would be back, but we have been unable to establish contact with the site's owner.

Starting Saturday, September 14, we will begin editing signatures that contain broken images (regardless of the source of the broken image). Our action will be to remove the broken images, leaving the rest of the signature intact. This may change if there are too many members whose signatures remain broken, or for those with too many images (both of which create a significant amount of work for us - it's your signature and you should ensure that it remains compliant, after all).

In the meantime, this is your time to fix your signatures yourselves, carrying out any action you choose in order to remove the broken images so that your signature remains compliant with the forum rules.

For those of you that want to keep track of the broken images (just in case they ever return), we recommend that you move them to your About Me page. If you include them inside the Hidden Content or Spoiler BBCode tags, you'll know if the site/images have returned simply by clicking on the button on your page. Alternately, you can include them in the Code BBCode tag to simply preserve the URL.

Edited by Brother Tyler, 10 September 2019 - 11:59 AM.

• Boyadventurer and Kenzaburo like this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,618 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
Note the update above (in orange). I'm seeing way too many members that haven't touched the broken images, leaving the work for us. While fixing a few signatures/images isn't a lot of work, doing it for the number of members that have been affected by this is a lot of work. Like you, we'd much rather be enjoying our time off by doing hobby things instead of having to edit signatures. There are many members that haven't logged onto the site in quite awhile, and many of these have signatures that have been affected. If you're active on the site, there's no reason that you can't stay on top of keeping your signature compliant with the forum rules.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Smirnov

Smirnov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 642 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

A quick note - Way Back Machine is a gift from Omnissia worth using.

I got both my signature images back from it.

How do you do it:

- open edir signature

- double click on the broken image to get a link to the image

- paste image link into wayback machine

- browse results (I got working images from as recent as July)

- save images and upload them wherever you want them to be (i used B&C gallery)

- Insert new image link into the signature

• Brother Tyler, PeteySödes, Brother Casman and 2 others like this

Pain is an Illusion of Senses. Despair is an Illusion of the Mind.

gallery_42382_15810_13377.jpggallery_42382_15810_40009.jpg

Arkhanist

Arkhanist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, GSC, Death Guard

Didn't think of using the wayback machine!

I was primarily missing ETL VI badges, so I've hit every version of Semper's ETL VI results page on there and retrieved all the ones I could get into this gallery in case anybody wants else them too. Definitely missing some though I'm afraid.

ETL VI Banner Dominus Exercitus Blood Angels
Album: ETL VI badges
37 images
0 comments

Edited by Arkhanist, 11 September 2019 - 01:48 PM.

• PeteySödes, Brother Casman, Gederas and 1 other like this

gallery_53969_15812_3395.gif gallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg gallery_48988_15465_4294.png gallery_48988_15094_4883.png

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,378 posts

Oh man you guys rule! Thanks a billion for using your big brains unlike myself. :P

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,668 posts
  • Faction: Knights of House Jenius

Got three of my four missing tags, only one I couldn't get was my Champion badge.

A challenge is a challenge till it is beaten, then it is a victory.
The greater the challenge the greater the victory, so I challenge the impossible.

Arkhanist

Arkhanist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, GSC, Death Guard

http://fortressofunf....homestead.com/ looks to be back up and the ETL badges with original links all look to be working again.

gallery_53969_15812_3395.gif gallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg gallery_48988_15465_4294.png gallery_48988_15094_4883.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users