Terminators VS Agressors

domsto

I'll take a plasma cannon myself :tongue.:

Isn't it kinnda Risky, because of the -1 to hit while moving?

I always avoid to put heavy Weapons on my Termis. It seems to me not worth it.

Only this edition, they used to be relentless

You also don't need to overcharge all of the time either, and can take a risk when near a source of re-rolls.

I think deep strike is very valuable, but it's easy to be over confident with it. Too often we go for the 9" deploy, even though there's no requirement to do so. Tactical terminators should deep strike into ruins, this negating any AP 1 weapons that might target then. Thanks to bolter discipline, we don't even need to be within 12 anymore. Edited by Zustiur

It seems to me that terminators do provide something that other units don’t. You get a unit that can deep strike in which is pretty capable at both shooting and close combat.

Alternative options are better than terminators at one or other of these, but not both. Reivers can hold ground, inceptors have a lot of shooting and smash captains can break stuff. Terminators can do all of these things reasonably well without costing all that much.

I'll take a plasma cannon myself :tongue.:

So i looked it up now and it seems Terminators can't even take a Plasmacannon anymore.

Am i missing something?

Only Dark Angel termies can pack a plasma cannon

thatsthejoke.jpg

Although looking at it, is it actually better to chainfists on Cataphractii Terminators? Shouldn't the Powerfist average higher amounts of damage?

Cataphractii with Chainfists all around are a good choice. Way more reliable than Powerfists and it looks cool. The bolter shots are just a plus

Agreed. I think chainfists look like a very good option now they're only 2 points more than power fists. The -4 ap and consistent damage are both well worth the extra cost. I'd probably pay 10 points just to avoid the hassle of rolling D3s all the time.

I have a lot of terminators so I want an excuse to get them back on the table. Made a bit of a fun list here to try it out: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/358394-2000-points-marshals-houshold-for-fun/

Ya'll have been talking about deepstrike a lot so I am going to throw this in. Black Templar reroll one or both of the dice when charging, if memory serves this means they make deepstrike charges 60%ish of the time. They also ignore mortal wounds on a 5+ making TH/SS termies that much more survivable.

Deepstriking a bunch of Templar onto the board could be a fun time (and a fluffy one too)