Suppressors - opinions?

Xenith

IH suppressors I think are ace in any kind of threat overload list where there's plenty of targets. Good shooting, relativity cheap, and with IH survivable and no penalty to move and shoot. I'm planning on 2 squads to either DS or jump from LOS in the backfield.

I actually think suppressors can do a decent job of killing stuff. Ap3 autocannon are quite nasty guns and their price is pretty reasonable.

They aren’t an alpha strike unit like plasma inceptors but they actually average almost as many shots per point. At 48” range and with no danger of blowing themselves up. The downside is S7 - and that’s definitely a big deal. But they can still lay down a steady amount of fire, with far less risk to them as they do it.

Remember their job isn't so much to kill units but to stop overwatch before a charge.

It's a shame they don't have a larger squad to take casualties as they tend to get popped after one shot.

I like them a lot

I disagree. Their job is primarily to kill stuff with their huge S7 AP-2 D2 guns. Stopping overwatch is a neat sideeffect.

Edited by sfPanzer

The fact that they aren't technically available anymore seems a valid point to make. This space marine release is so strange.

Very true. I snapped up two extra squads so I can theoretically field 9 (or could if I built them, anyway). 

I'm surprised they don't seem to be getting a full kit like eliminators have. I'd sort of assumed they would, perhaps with a different weapon option. Or at least that there'd be an easy to build release of the current kit. It's very weird.

The same goes for the grav chute lieutenant of course.

They're obviously going to get a kit at some point. It's a little weird that we haven't heard anything yet, but they are really slowly trickling out this space marine release. I would expect maybe towards the end of the supplements or with updated BA/DA/SW codexes. They've announced the Infiltrator/Incursor, Impulsor, Eliminator kits, but those haven't been released yet (well the Eliminators are coming up now). 

It is strange they do not have a kit yet as they appear to only have the autocannon option. While we also do not have oblits out yet either and they definitely are as is. If supressors had another gun option, surely it would have been in the codex already? 

I wouldn't be so sure about them getting a kit.

Looking at things like the Gravis Captain or the Primaris Standart Guy, which are still only available in the 2 Player Starter Box form the Start of this Edition.

Some Units just don't get a single Relais it seems.

Same goes for the Chaos side of things

Many of the new and good Units are locked behind boxsets, some of them aren't available anymore.

I'm confident that they will get a multi-part kit somewhere down the line, just not as a part of this space marine release. Are you saying you don't think Obliterators and greater possessed will get a seperate release sometime soon?

Yes i am

I mean look at the Death Guard side from the 2 Player Starter Set

The Charakters are still only available in this Box.

For characters it's usually just a unique model or some unique loadout. The unit itself is already available separately. For a whole unit it's ... well, the whole unit.

The Marine Charakters from Shadowspear got there own Relaise.

I guess we’ll see. The characters who got their own release we’re already on their own sprues in the box. It’s the stuff that was grouped together that hasn’t, so far, been released independently.

Ultimately we can guess all we wait but we won’t know till we eventually see some releases. I hope we get them but nothing’s been seen. There are lots of unreleased models in the Codex but suppressors aren’t among them.

The Codex already has multiple images of unreleased models in it (Incursors, Impulsor etc) and there would be no reason not to include different Suppressors in that if they had a kit coming as part of this wave. 

Furthermore, GW have specifically previewed the new multipart variants of units that were in Shadowspear (Infiltrators, Eliminators) on the Community website, and notably NOT done so for Suppressors.

I think you have to take those 2 things to mean there isn't a kit for them on the way in the immediate future.