Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

++KNIGHTS OF THE ORDER, COMMENCE EXTRACTION++

Dark angels diy community project

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

G8Keeper

G8Keeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 637 posts
  • Faction: Angels Repentant

I'm just confused now teehee.gif

gallery_3547_15792_6078.pnggallery_3547_15435_7258.pnggallery_3547_15792_4794.png

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,159 posts

++PATCHING IN TO ENCRYPTED VOX NETWORK.++

++CONNECTING---CONNECTED++

++SAR DAMABIAH, CONSECRATORS, 2ND CHAMBER, MASTER OF THE ASSAULT++

++SAR EPHER, WHAT IS YOUR LOCATION? WE NEED AN URGENT EXTRACTION! ++

++SAR EPHER, GUARDIANS OF THE COVENANT, 3RD CHAMBER, EXTRACTION SQUADRON++

++PATIENCE SAR DAMABIAH! WE HAVE OUR OWN STRUGGLES IN THE SKY! ALLOW US A FEW MORE SECONDS!++

++MAKE HASTE, WE HAVE A WOUNDED KNIGHT++

++SAR EPHER, GUARDIANS OF THE COVENANT, 3RD CHAMBER, EXTRACTION SQUADRON++

++SAR DAMABIAH, STANDBY! ARRIVING, SOUTH WALL! ENGAGING MAGNA MELTA --- BREACHING NOW!++

++SAR MIKAHEL, SAR LEMIEL, LOAD THE RENEGADES! SAR ANDROU, SECURE SAR TIBOUT!++

++KNIGHTS OF THE ORDER, COMMENCE EXTRACTION++

gallery_86595_15798_86479.jpg

13 Seconds

“Judgment is at hand!” declared the Master of the Assault, right before I was enveloped in darkness. For a moment, I felt nothing below me, floating as if in the vacuum of space. I never liked teleporting. I pray the Emperor bless my arrival on the planet, and that those tech priest did their job. BOOM! My feet are once more on solid ground as a clap like thunder announces our arrival. I am blinded by a white light as bright as a star, but my suit is not. My tactical dreadnought armor registers 38 targets, I instinctively raise my storm bolter and release the hail of bolts, as do the other Knights, each calling their targets and elimination. My vision clears as the enemy count is reduced at a rapid rate. I scan the building for my prey, 1, 2, 3. Our thunderous arrival had alerted the entirety of the city, the warning klaxons began to sing.

“Primary and secondary targets located!” I announce, “Deploying stasis rockets!” A flurry of smoke and flame unleash from the launcher I bear upon my armor, each rocket finding its mark.

“Targets captured in stasis field, Sar Damabiah!” I declared. A hail of bullets fires from Sar Stolrael’s storm bolter, ripping into one of the renegades, littering the stasis field around him with blood, sinew, and rot.

“The stench of Nurgle reeked on that one,” said Sar Storael, “he will not be boarding with us.”

gallery_86595_15798_687313.png

Dive

“Where are the missiles coming from?”

“Our right Sar Epher! Deploying countermeasures!”

“Ineffective! Ineffective! Evading!” Sar Epher leveled the aircraft from our dive and banked right followed by a roll.

“Missile miss! Standby, surface to air systems targeting once more!” I announce to my crew. My communications array began to flicker with an incoming vox transmission. “Incoming call from Sar Damabiah, connecting.”

“Sar Epher, what is your location? We need an urgent extraction!”

“Patience Sar Damabiah! We have our own struggles in the sky!” said Sar Epher as he prepared to evade a second missile. “Allow us a few more seconds! Sar Anak, stay your course and rendezvous with Sar Annael. Sar Bilzok, break off and get us clear skies!” They both acknowledged the command and proceeded to execute orders. We began to dive once more and descend to our target.

“Make haste,” said Sar Damabiah, “we have a wounded knight!” I could see the target building now. We leveled the aircraft and began our approach path to breach through the wall.

“Priming magna melta.” I announce to the crew. The targeting computer begins to provide feedback. 20%. 50%. 80 %. “Magna melta primed Sar Epher, ready for breach!”

“Final Course heading set. Prepare for breach.” We all brace ourselves.

“Sar Damabiah, standby! Arriving, south wall!” Transmits Sar Epher. The building is now no more than 500 meters away. “Engaging magna melta!” The stone walls of the building begin to deform and turn into slag almost instantaneously. 50 meters. 30 meters. 10 meters. “Breaching!” The caestus slams into the building, crumbling the wall. Sar Epher sets the craft down and drops the two boarding ramps.

“Sar Epher?”

“Yes, Sar Storael.”

“Relay message to Blade of Honour. Prepare apothecaries to treat wounds of teleport mishap. Status, critical.”

Edited by jbaeza94, 05 October 2019 - 10:18 PM.

• Greenz, Berzul and Lostrael like this

"Honor the Legion" - Warcry and Motto of the Legion of the Iron Lions.
k0EYErV.pnggallery_26154_15777_7710.png

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,159 posts

Many moons ago, the Grandmasters of the Unforgiven created a secret order of Unforgiven, drawing inspiration from the Deathwatch, the entirety of it composed of members dedicated to the Hunt. Armed with special weapons and wargear, this elite order specialized in locating, capturing, and interrogating the millennia old adversary. The warp is fickle however, and the secret order was thought lost. Its history, wiped or forgotten by all except by the most ancient of the Unforgiven. 

• Berzul likes this

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,159 posts

Emerging from the warp, the secret order sought to reconnect with the Inner Circle. Heroes of legend from chapters thought dead, relics of myth whos existence was questioned, war machines not seen for millennia, all now standing before the Grandmasters of the Unforgiven. There was no time to rest however, the Hunt was ever present, and new blood was requested. While some sought to return to their chapter for further deliberation, the following rose to meet the request. 

gallery_86595_15798_1097689.jpg

*i did my best to match the colors in the program.*

Edited by jbaeza94, 06 October 2019 - 09:05 PM.

• InKaras, bevulf, Gederas and 3 others like this

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,438 posts
  • Faction: Wings of Dawn (DA Successors)
Wow, this has been quite the ride.

Its gotten me all worked up! A deathwatch style group of unforgiven? Coming to the present imperium? It's great!

So, what's next? What is this all leading to?

"Fiat lux!" - Battle cry of the Wings of Dawn,

a Dark Angel's Successor Chapter, currently WIP as part of the

gallery_26154_15777_7710.png

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,438 posts
This makes me think that, maybe we could and should set up a pinned thread with all of the successors from the community.

A place we can all leave our chapters, in an orderly fashion, for posterity.

Spaced Hulk

Spaced Hulk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,350 posts
  • Faction: Sword Bearers, Dark Angels
Nicely done brother! 😀👍

Edit: I've actually managed to find a paper copy of the original Knights of the Order background amongst all my old GW stuff. Let me know if you'd like me to post it.

Edited by Spaced Hulk, 06 October 2019 - 07:47 PM.

Dreadwing: A 30K/Pre-Heresy Dark Angels Blog http://www.bolterand...g/#entry4929415

Sword Bearers: http://www.bolterand...-sword-bearers/

+ The Vengeance of Angels + A First Legion 30K Blog: http://www.bolterand...s/#entry4512277

DarkApostle85

DarkApostle85

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 32 posts

Nicely done brother! 😀👍

Edit: I've actually managed to find a paper copy of the original Knights of the Order background amongst all my old GW stuff. Let me know if you'd like me to post it.

Please post if you are able. I'm interested in what it says.

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,159 posts

yes please! i would really appreciate that Spaced Hulk! 

Spaced Hulk

Spaced Hulk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,350 posts
  • Faction: Sword Bearers, Dark Angels
Ok, so I'll start this with a very brief forum history lesson. A long, long time ago (probably about twenty-ish) years, a group of us here on the DA forum started a project called the Knights of the Order. At the time, Deathwatch Kill Teams were a special Elite choice available to all Imperial armies (this was during 3rd Edition 40k (I think), so allies, detachments etc weren't a thing back then). The idea of adding what are essentially Inquisition forces to our armies sat poorly with a lot of DA players back then, but the rules were cool so we developed our own background for an Unforgiven version of the Deathwatch instead.

This was the result of our efforts. My apologies for the format, this paper copy is the only one I have (to be honest, I was really surprised to find it the other day. It was packed away with my old 3rd Edition Codex). Unfortunately I don't have a scanner, so photos will have to surfice:

gallery_917_15873_1201214.jpg

gallery_917_15873_1315226.jpg

gallery_917_15873_667208.jpg

gallery_917_15873_751726.jpg

gallery_917_15873_529864.jpg

gallery_917_15873_168820.jpg

gallery_917_15873_523135.jpg
  • Gederas, Galloway, Greenz and 4 others like this

Dreadwing: A 30K/Pre-Heresy Dark Angels Blog http://www.bolterand...g/#entry4929415

Sword Bearers: http://www.bolterand...-sword-bearers/

+ The Vengeance of Angels + A First Legion 30K Blog: http://www.bolterand...s/#entry4512277

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,159 posts

i updated the chart to include a few chapters i missed, and added names

and thanks spaced hulk. this is better than anything i could have come up with! 

• Spaced Hulk likes this

Lostrael

Lostrael

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 616 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

blush.png I really need to come up with a good name for my successor chapter sweat.gif

• jbaeza94 likes this

gallery_29004_10383_3614.pnggallery_86236_11073_750.pnggallery_48988_10069_9172.jpggallery_69091_12503_18399.jpggallery_69091_12729_1465.gifgallery_69091_12729_1778.gifgallery_48988_15493_11529.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.png

UtariOnzo

UtariOnzo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 92 posts
And I wish Midnight Blue was still a colour for mine! Haven’t found a replacement paint for it for my Halo Swords chapter

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,159 posts
Drop a color scheme for the chapter and I'll them to the list!

@lostrael I didn't know what to call them, so I went with Los Dark Angels, which is Spanish for The Dark Angels :) I just thought they were alternate scheme 30k marines lol

Edited by jbaeza94, 07 October 2019 - 08:40 AM.

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,438 posts
Los Angeles Oscuros, would be the full spanish translation.

Anyone else here from a spanish-speaking country? (I'm from Chile, myself. I know it has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but I got curious)

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,159 posts

Anyone else here from a spanish-speaking country? (I'm from Chile, myself. I know it has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but I got curious)

American, but my family is Mexican. Spanish was my first language lol
  • Berzul likes this

Greenz

Greenz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 800 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Absolution
You’ve really got my interest up here!
  • jbaeza94 likes this

Tanhausen

Tanhausen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,353 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, Astra Militarum

From Spain ;)

• Berzul likes this

Herald of DA fun, vocal supporter of proper manners and fostering enjoyment!

2015 Projects - FW Dreadnought Chaplain WIP Painting a Hellbrute just for fun

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_01.jpgETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_01.jpg

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 933 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

This is all really cool! Dark Angel Deathwatch sounds like totally something they would do. I'm surprised this isn't official lore

Krash

Ad Victoriam

For those we cherish, we die in glory!

Galloway

Galloway

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 191 posts

Very cool jbaeza, and thanks for the blast from the past Spaced Hulk. Very interested to see where this goes.

Ever so slowly chipping away at a squad of intercessors now, but lots of options on what I paint next...

"Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by incompetence."

The Unbound Brethren WIP log   Void Reavers log

gallery_48988_10069_47070.pnggallery_48988_15465_43209.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark angels, diy, community project

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users