Knights of the Order Project

jbaeza94

• 2 weeks later...

++PATCHING IN TO ENCRYPTED VOX NETWORK.++

++CONNECTING---CONNECTED++

++SAR DAMABIAH, CONSECRATORS, 2ND CHAMBER, MASTER OF THE ASSAULT++

++SAR EPHER, WHAT IS YOUR LOCATION? WE NEED AN URGENT EXTRACTION! ++

++SAR EPHER, GUARDIANS OF THE COVENANT, 3RD CHAMBER, EXTRACTION SQUADRON++

++PATIENCE SAR DAMABIAH! WE HAVE OUR OWN STRUGGLES IN THE SKY! ALLOW US A FEW MORE SECONDS!++

++MAKE HASTE, WE HAVE A WOUNDED KNIGHT++

++SAR EPHER, GUARDIANS OF THE COVENANT, 3RD CHAMBER, EXTRACTION SQUADRON++

++SAR DAMABIAH, STANDBY! ARRIVING, SOUTH WALL! ENGAGING MAGNA MELTA --- BREACHING NOW!++

++SAR MIKAHEL, SAR LEMIEL, LOAD THE RENEGADES! SAR ANDROU, SECURE SAR TIBOUT!++

++KNIGHTS OF THE ORDER, COMMENCE EXTRACTION++

gallery_86595_15798_86479.jpg

13 Seconds

“Judgment is at hand!” declared the Master of the Assault, right before I was enveloped in darkness. For a moment, I felt nothing below me, floating as if in the vacuum of space. I never liked teleporting. I pray the Emperor bless my arrival on the planet, and that those tech priest did their job. BOOM! My feet are once more on solid ground as a clap like thunder announces our arrival. I am blinded by a white light as bright as a star, but my suit is not. My tactical dreadnought armor registers 38 targets, I instinctively raise my storm bolter and release the hail of bolts, as do the other Knights, each calling their targets and elimination. My vision clears as the enemy count is reduced at a rapid rate. I scan the building for my prey, 1, 2, 3. Our thunderous arrival had alerted the entirety of the city, the warning klaxons began to sing.

“Primary and secondary targets located!” I announce, “Deploying stasis rockets!” A flurry of smoke and flame unleash from the launcher I bear upon my armor, each rocket finding its mark.

“Targets captured in stasis field, Sar Damabiah!” I declared. A hail of bullets fires from Sar Stolrael’s storm bolter, ripping into one of the renegades, littering the stasis field around him with blood, sinew, and rot.

“The stench of Nurgle reeked on that one,” said Sar Storael, “he will not be boarding with us.”

gallery_86595_15798_687313.png

Dive

“Where are the missiles coming from?”

“Our right Sar Epher! Deploying countermeasures!”

“Ineffective! Ineffective! Evading!” Sar Epher leveled the aircraft from our dive and banked right followed by a roll.

“Missile miss! Standby, surface to air systems targeting once more!” I announce to my crew. My communications array began to flicker with an incoming vox transmission. “Incoming call from Sar Damabiah, connecting.”

“Sar Epher, what is your location? We need an urgent extraction!”

“Patience Sar Damabiah! We have our own struggles in the sky!” said Sar Epher as he prepared to evade a second missile. “Allow us a few more seconds! Sar Anak, stay your course and rendezvous with Sar Annael. Sar Bilzok, break off and get us clear skies!” They both acknowledged the command and proceeded to execute orders. We began to dive once more and descend to our target.

“Make haste,” said Sar Damabiah, “we have a wounded knight!” I could see the target building now. We leveled the aircraft and began our approach path to breach through the wall.

“Priming magna melta.” I announce to the crew. The targeting computer begins to provide feedback. 20%. 50%. 80 %. “Magna melta primed Sar Epher, ready for breach!”

“Final Course heading set. Prepare for breach.” We all brace ourselves.

“Sar Damabiah, standby! Arriving, south wall!” Transmits Sar Epher. The building is now no more than 500 meters away. “Engaging magna melta!” The stone walls of the building begin to deform and turn into slag almost instantaneously. 50 meters. 30 meters. 10 meters. “Breaching!” The caestus slams into the building, crumbling the wall. Sar Epher sets the craft down and drops the two boarding ramps.

“Sar Epher?”

“Yes, Sar Storael.”

“Relay message to Blade of Honour. Prepare apothecaries to treat wounds of teleport mishap. Status, critical.”

Edited by jbaeza94

Many moons ago, the Grandmasters of the Unforgiven created a secret order of Unforgiven, drawing inspiration from the Deathwatch, the entirety of it composed of members dedicated to the Hunt. Armed with special weapons and wargear, this elite order specialized in locating, capturing, and interrogating the millennia old adversary. The warp is fickle however, and the secret order was thought lost. Its history, wiped or forgotten by all except by the most ancient of the Unforgiven. 

Emerging from the warp, the secret order sought to reconnect with the Inner Circle. Heroes of legend from chapters thought dead, relics of myth whos existence was questioned, war machines not seen for millennia, all now standing before the Grandmasters of the Unforgiven. There was no time to rest however, the Hunt was ever present, and new blood was requested. While some sought to return to their chapter for further deliberation, the following rose to meet the request.

gallery_86595_15798_1097689.jpg

*i did my best to match the colors in the program.*

Edited by jbaeza94

Wow, this has been quite the ride.

Its gotten me all worked up! A deathwatch style group of unforgiven? Coming to the present imperium? It's great!

So, what's next? What is this all leading to?

This makes me think that, maybe we could and should set up a pinned thread with all of the successors from the community.

A place we can all leave our chapters, in an orderly fashion, for posterity.

Ok, so I'll start this with a very brief forum history lesson. A long, long time ago (probably about twenty-ish) years, a group of us here on the DA forum started a project called the Knights of the Order. At the time, Deathwatch Kill Teams were a special Elite choice available to all Imperial armies (this was during 3rd Edition 40k (I think), so allies, detachments etc weren't a thing back then). The idea of adding what are essentially Inquisition forces to our armies sat poorly with a lot of DA players back then, but the rules were cool so we developed our own background for an Unforgiven version of the Deathwatch instead.

This was the result of our efforts. My apologies for the format, this paper copy is the only one I have (to be honest, I was really surprised to find it the other day. It was packed away with my old 3rd Edition Codex). Unfortunately I don't have a scanner, so photos will have to surfice:

gallery_917_15873_1201214.jpg

gallery_917_15873_1315226.jpg

gallery_917_15873_667208.jpg

gallery_917_15873_751726.jpg

gallery_917_15873_529864.jpg

gallery_917_15873_168820.jpg

gallery_917_15873_523135.jpg

Drop a color scheme for the chapter and I'll them to the list!

@lostrael I didn't know what to call them, so I went with Los Dark Angels, which is Spanish for The Dark Angels :) I just thought they were alternate scheme 30k marines lol

Edited by jbaeza94

Los Angeles Oscuros, would be the full spanish translation.

Anyone else here from a spanish-speaking country? (I'm from Chile, myself. I know it has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but I got curious)

• 3 weeks later...

Oh boy ive been gone a while. sorry guys. I moved from one point on the globe to the complete opposite end. 

Back to the topic at hand, and the BIG question. What is all this? For one, its an opportunity for us to get away from the same ol same ol of our army. We get to try out new schemes and give our interpretations of other paint schemes. Secret Santa was awesome last year and the year before that, i really hope its a thing again this year. Lets not forget to treat ourselves from time to time as well though. The goal is to create a squad or 2 of other unforgiven to run alongside your army. they can be a squad of eliminators, veterans, terminators, even a dread. whatever your army needs or you think would be fun. this is even a great time to get a kill team started.

There are no large vow to make, no deadlines, no penalties. its all fun and in the spirit of the hobby and for the betterment of our own abilities. Create some fluff for your squad and write it here! together we can grow the fluff of the Knights of the Order, in somewhat of a soft reboot.

I for one will be starting off with a 5 man squad of the following:

Wings of Dawn

Sword Bearers

Guardians of the Covenant

Consecrators

Blades of Alaric

ill be using the Space Marine Heroes Series 1 for mine.

Will you join me as well??

I'll see how to join in on this. It will be slow, if at all, but I will see about it.

The idea is simply too good to pass up.

Again, I ask: Do we have or can we have a list of all the successors that have been created by this community, so we can look them up and decide how to make a squad?

Again, I ask: Do we have or can we have a list of all the successors that have been created by this community, so we can look them up and decide how to make a squad?

Brother Tyler has a list of at least some of in the Tabula Rasa thread - a link can be found in the Dark Angels Resources thread pinned up top of the forum.

Regarding my Stoneburners, aside from a few survivors, the Chapter was always intended to be destroyed almost to a man at the 13th Black Crusade, selling their lives as penance to the Unforgiven for their extreme actions, bordering on a fall to Chaos, and attracting the attention of the Inquisition regarding their behavior and connection to other Unforgiven Chapters. They certainly don't have any Primaris members.

Maybe I'll resurrect them in the future with Primaris, depending on what GW does with the Unforgiven, but for now, they are a historical force (I will be finishing my Hybrean V Cleansing strike force going forward, but for now I'm working on my Wolves) - if someone wants a guy for a squad, go for it, but it should only be a Classic Marine (if you need an idea for names, let me know - I modified them from some specific sources, mostly Malazan Book of the Fallen, Wheel of Time, Dune, and one or two others).