Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

=][= ++NEW EVENT: LIBER ASTARTES SWAP CHALLENGE 2019++ =][=

LASC Liber Astartes Painting Writing Challenge Official Event

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,563 posts
  • Faction: Sons Of Doom,Vanquishers

UPCOMING EVENT: SEPT - DEC 2019 "THE LIBER ASTARTES SWAP CHALLENGE"

Greetings Brothers and Sisters of the B&C!

So for those of the Adeptus Astartes persuasion, it has been a very busy month with the release of a new Codex and Supplements, including the return of Chapter Tactics to really allow us Liberites to really go and have fun creating our unique Chapters of Space Marines.

As a result I felt it was time to start a fresh Liber tradition with an event to display some comradely fun and creativity. I am resurrecting an old event first championed in my old days by "Captain_Shrike" before "Ferrus Manus" took up the responsibility of the DIY Chapter Swap.

Now this event will be a little bit different from that event of old if you are venerable enough to remember. This event will champion new writing of fresh Chapters of Space Marines, or alternatively, updating Chapter articles you have made here on the B&C (for older hands like myself I will likely follow this route.

This event is not about being the best, it is about creating your own Chapter/Warband of Astartes and creating a fellow Frater's own creation.

Jimmy: So, Brother Cambrius, how will this work?

I am so glad that you asked me, Jimmy!

So here is the planned breakdown of what will happen in 2 phases:

PHASE 1 (September 3rd - October 31st)

Participants must submit a complete DIY Chapter article by November 1st.

By complete, I want to see an article that covers the basics on your Chapter to define who they are, what they do and what are they like to really help the person who will be creating a miniature from your Chapter in Phase 2.

HQ.gif Articles must include an image of the chapter's heraldry and symbol (this can be done by including an image or images using a miniature you have painted, or the Space Marine Painters here on the B&C, or the GW Primaris variant). HQ.gif 

PHASE 2 (November 1st)

It is at this point Chapter IA/Articles/IT submissions for this events are cut off and each participant is randomly assigned a chapter through a PM to build and paint a model of.You will have up to January 1st 2020 to complete their model(s).

Participants will need to submit an image of their WIPs and Completed miniatures in the respective threads created at the start of Phase 2 in WIPs and the Hall of Honour, with direct links in the LIBER to these in the opening post of the Chapter Swap event thread.

So, to find out more, just click the banner below to take you to the place to make your pledge in this event:

gallery_26154_15777_721.png

And that is it! Good luck Brothers and Sisters!

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius, 08 September 2019 - 05:10 PM.

• Dolchiate Remembrancer, Cpt_Reaper, Kierdale and 2 others like this

gallery_26154_15777_7710.png sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pngjHkptLG.png]gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_48988_10069_2782.png gallery_48988_11572_5225.png

Zhiv

Zhiv

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 400 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Quill

I don't know a better place to ask for this, but about how many words we are looking for the IA article?  2k? 5k? 10k?  I am tempted but I am not sure I can cough up 5k IA as English isn't my native language.  

gallery_48988_10069_73849.png

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,563 posts
  • Faction: Sons Of Doom,Vanquishers

I don't know a better place to ask for this, but about how many words we are looking for the IA article?  2k? 5k? 10k?  I am tempted but I am not sure I can cough up 5k IA as English isn't my native language.  

Further details on what is considered a complete article can be found in the Vows topic here. It's not so much a numerical mark of how many words, all I want is the Chapter's character to be clear alongside their colour scheme and such so your Swap partner can build and paint a model of your Chapter sufficiently in Phase 2 of the event. :)

Cambrius

gallery_26154_15777_7710.png sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pngjHkptLG.png]gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_48988_10069_2782.png gallery_48988_11572_5225.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LASC, Liber, Astartes, Painting, Writing, Challenge, Official Event

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users