Ideas for starting a Saim Hann army

So I’m thinking of starting a Saim Hann army, they’ve always been my fave Craftworld. I love their colour scheme, feral nature (at least as far as Eldar go) and the new jet bikes are some of my favourite models the faction has, as is the Vyper, which as far as I’m concerned is a classic model that could go another +20 years without an update and would still look fantastic. So I’m just looking for advice for someone who is completely new to the faction. Any thoughts that any of you can offer me starting out from a collecting point of view, tactics, list building and equiping units with would be great. I’d be looking at playing games from 1000 to 2000 points in the usual increments. From a fluff perspective I’m thinking MSU Windrider squads equipped with scatter lasers as I believe these would be better than Shuriken cannons with the Saim Hann Craftworld attribute, although I will probably magnetise if this is easy enough to do (any advice on doing this would be welcome). For my anti tank, I’m thinking a full squad of Vypers with either bright lances or missile launchers, but don’t know which would be better out of the two. Also do the weapons from the Serpant fit the Vyper, and if so how hard would it be to magnetise them also? What would be better for grabbing objectives and filling a battalion to get CP, Dire Avengers in Serpants or Guardians in Serpants, would you go MSU here or a smaller number of larger sized squads? I like the look of the new Banshee models and would like to include some, how well do they synergise with Saim Hann armies, both from a fluff AND gameplay perspective? I also love the look of Warwalkers, of both the standard and Wasp variant, would It be feasible to fit either or both in an army? Obviously Farseers and warlocks would be mounted on jet bikes, am I better off running a few individual warlocks or a conclave? And what power are best?Any advice you can all offer would be much appreciated. Edited by Captain Smashy Pants

Hello and welcome into playing Eldar!

I understand your excitement about starting a new army, but I feel this post may be too broad to answer it well.

How much research have you done about the faction so far?

Many of your questions can be easily answered by reading faction reviews on sites like 1d4chan, frontline gaming or goonhammer.

Ok...a few things.., the wasp is a FW not codex model.. but the warwalker weapons are the same as the wave serpent

Craftworlders need CP and bikes are FA so don’t help with filling a battalion formation. Which leads to my first suggestion is irrespective of craftworld go with a battalion of 2 x 10 man guardian (with heavy weapon of your choice) and a unit of rangers plus an aurtach and farseer (if going saim Hann then you can put them on bikes)

Ps - Fluff wise that fits every craftworld

If you don't care about cp's and use the outrider detachment as I do, you get 1 cp plus the 3 base cp(I think this is right ). My skyrunner farseer does enough to make up for the lack of cp. An Autarch skyrunner for 2 HQ. Windriders with scat and units with shurican at least 5 strong, shining spears 5 or more, fire prisms , night spinners and crimson hunters and fill in vypers as needed has worked well for me.

All Mobil for objective taking as well as getting out of harms way fast, which is how I like to play.

Also a site to see on the table.

Edited by Dread

That's a great idea. They work really good for my dark Eldar as well as Razorwings. I haven't started mixing mine yet because of the old lore where as they would very seldom ever team up. I have been making mixed lists just haven't fielded any yet.