Runic Awakening: Speculation

Dark Shepherd

No reason for us to get vanilla if they've made us ait tis long surely wed have had the same from the beginning...…….

We used the same logic when our existing codex came out to assume that we would get something better and more distinctive than we actually did. I would be a bit surprised if we do not get the standard SM Doctrines. If we don't, I wouldn't be surprised if we get something that is actually a bit weaker. :sad.:

Even if we do get standard doctrines imo right out of the box it’s weaker since we missed the release. That’s really my only fear is a repeat of last codex which was a case of the delayed release where the creep sunk us before we even got it.

Anything is better than nothing though so that’s how I’m choosing to look at it!

I'm hoping we get something for the Tactical doctrine and not assault. We already have so many extra attack buffs we can give, I would like to see an increase in our short range lethality akin to the books. Either a better way to get into combat or double rapid fire (Rapid Fire 1 to 2) if in 1/4 range of the enemy

I'm hoping we get something for the Tactical doctrine and not assault. We already have so many extra attack buffs we can give, I would like to see an increase in our short range lethality akin to the books. Either a better way to get into combat or double rapid fire (Rapid Fire 1 to 2) if in 1/4 range of the enemy

I agree, plus I think we are more a mid range army then pure rush your face assault army. Shooter up to soften charge in to finish.

A cool idea I had the other day for the tactical doctrine that is if you charge a unit you shot this turn, then +3 charge distance. Sounds solid and unique to me.

Given the prior reaction to mono builds and way most Sigmar/daemon kits are Id say this will be the new normal, though we were first with Bjorn :)

The dream is multi character on Thunderwolf kit

Re doctrines given how GW see us lore and marketing wise I really cant see us getting anything other than Assault bonus (like BA)

With the reveal of Lazarus being dual kit I do wonder if that will happen for us? Ragnar/Generic Wolf Lord or it could be just a one off?

i actually don't think Lazarus was intended to be a character and he was a generic kit that was re-purposed for GW's storytelling needs. The implication of that is I think GW has more than one character kit waiting for each of the set factions... 

1. a named special character, like Mephiston, Calgar, etc 

2. generic Primaris Captain kit with options, like this Lazarus/Master here. 

The implication for us, I think, is we'll get a character update like Ragnar and later their will be a release of a generic Primaris Wolf Lord kit.

We all know how much GW likes to keep single character models in their back pocket for random releases.

Given the prior reaction to mono builds and way most Sigmar/daemon kits are Id say this will be the new normal, though we were first with Bjorn :smile.:

Re doctrines given how GW see us lore and marketing wise I really cant see us getting anything other than Assault bonus (like BA)

yeah I think this is wishful thinking more than anything. 

Given the prior reaction to mono builds and way most Sigmar/daemon kits are Id say this will be the new normal, though we were first with Bjorn :smile.:

Edited by Wispy

Even if we do get standard doctrines imo right out of the box it’s weaker since we missed the release. That’s really my only fear is a repeat of last codex which was a case of the delayed release where the creep sunk us before we even got it.

Anything is better than nothing though so that’s how I’m choosing to look at it!

There hasn't been a release to change the meta since marines came out. And they haven't really been nerfed. The BA release has gotten good reviews from what I've heard. So I am not sure we have entirely missed the train. I don't think we will be as powerful as either Marines or BA. We need the movement shenanigans that make their best units effective. No, Cunning of the Wolf is not it, fam. But I think we will be playable competitively with the new stuff. Unless the Sisters release turns everything upside down.

I am  hoping we get Primaris Ragnar. Or at least a named-characted in Primaris. I feel a bit bad for DA got a nobody as their release. They have so many characters that could have used the upgrade/model.

Primaris Intercessor Wolf Guard could be good if theyre created by a strategem, otherwise lack of cc weapons holds them back, though the sergeant with power fist would be obscene

Primaris Wolf Guard Pack leaders for select units would be a tonne of fun

Doctrine wise, doubt we'll get same one as BA but it will definitely be in assault doctrine (especially if we get the same vanilla doctrines). All units get death frenzy if assault doctrine is active?

If your using power fists on a sw out of choice your doing sommit wrong. wolf claws axes etc are always the way ahead. if theyre going to make them wolfy theyd need to open up the use of different gear.

Edited by Sarto ripped claw

Primaris Intercessor Wolf Guard could be good if theyre created by a strategem, otherwise lack of cc weapons holds them back, though the sergeant with power fist would be obscene

Primaris Wolf Guard Pack leaders for select units would be a tonne of fun

Doctrine wise, doubt we'll get same one as BA but it will definitely be in assault doctrine (especially if we get the same vanilla doctrines). All units get death frenzy if assault doctrine is active?

If your using power fists on a sw out of choice your doing sommit wrong. wolf claws axes etc are always the way ahead. if theyre going to make them wolfy theyd need to open up the use of different gear.

Intercessor sergeants cant take axes or wolf claws. Off chance it happens that dude can be Lone Wolfed hes a beast. If you mean effect on tabletop then power fists are great for us, we dont suffer the penalty to hit the vast majority of the time, amd statistically they deal more damage. If you mean lorewise punching foes in the face fits fine. Plus its easy to make wolfy power fists by snipping off the blades, or do what I do and leave stubs as knuckle dusters

Fists are great for wolves as they are pretty decent value of 9 points and our +1 to-Hit cancels out the penalty in the first round. Add in Shock Assault and an Intercessor pack gets 4 attacks on the charge hitting on 3s. That is the same as SM Captains got prior to their new codex.

It's weird because it seems like they skipped PA4, unless I missed the previews for it?

They just skipped the rules previews I think and just went with the Christmas Day big reveal for it

Did one of the other PA books get little in the way of previews or am I remembering that wrong

*And Valrak says in a vid a Ragnar sprue has been spotted*

Edited by Dark Shepherd