Runic Awakening: Speculation

Dark Shepherd

Here I was worried they had shafted us to be after the new PA Mechanicus and Knights release. Although it is weird they didn't preview any of the Saga of the Beast stuff. I do think/hope Ghaz is a standalone model. Space Wolves could use some new stuff too.

Ghaz is the Saga of the Beast stuff. Most likely he’s all of it. It would be cool to get a primaris Ragnar but to me it’s more important we get rules that put us on par with the other Astartes.

Agreed good rules are more important than a model. As much as I like models, I am having greater and greater troubles keeping up with other armies.

Plus if you think about it, maybe if we don't get a model our chances of getting Russ or unique units may increase.

If we could get a good update like the Dark Angels, that would be nice. They received a lot of relevant stratagems, etc. that were largely demanded/on the wish-list of the player base. Would love to see that kind of attention for the Sons of Russ.

in truth, even a Primaris Ragnar, and Grimnar would likely be unable to take on A Beast Ghaz.

We would need a primarch tier character to take him on, and even then, beasts in the lore are actually stronger than primarchs.

if dont get a named primaris we will break the GW pattern. Everybody else got one(and wolves are kwown for their characters)..Also we need a supped up guy to take on beastmode ghaz

Which named Primaris came out with PA1? Which one came with Psychic Awakening 2, which featured the Black Templars? Which named Primaris is going to be coming with PA5? What about for PA7?

There's a pattern of at least one new model coming out for each Psychic Awakening book, but not a named Primaris for each Chapter in a PA book. The Black Templars didn't even get a Primaris character/hero, and they still don't have a single one, not even a named Lieutenant/Battle Leader like Space Wolves already have, so there isn't even a named character/hero for every Chapter with its own Chapter Tactics.

So if Ghaz is all that comes out for Saga of the Beast, it doesn't break that pattern.

Brace yourselves for Space Wolves not getting anything except rules with PA6 (if SW are even in there - don't believe that GW actually stated that as a fact), and then if we do get a Rubiconed hero, that's gravy for us.

The only chapter that didn't get a named primaris is black templars.. Everybody else got one,and templars are a successor of imperial fists (who got one) ... unlike wolves who have their own codex and are first founding. There is definitely a pattern... Its very possible that we will get a named primaris, the thing that is more important though for me and the most of us here is the quality of rules in the book for wolves Edited by lonewolf81

The only chapter that didn't get a named primaris is black templars.. Everybody else got one,and templars are a successor of imperial fists (who got one) ... unlike wolves who have their own codex and are first founding. There is definitely a pattern... Its very possible that we will get a named primaris, the thing that is more important though for me and the most of us here is the quality of rules in the book for wolves

They got a named primaris character but not via psychic awakening. They got theirs during their supplements, and they only have 1 unique model. Only Mephiston, and Lazarus were released for PA. So out of 5 books only 2 primaris, which actually makes our chances less likely to get a primaris. Of all the first founding chapters, they all have 1 new or old named Primaris including the wolves. The only chapters that break this rule is BA, DA, and UM.

We have to face the facts, PA6 (if we are in it) is not focused on us but the Orks. Ghaz will have his fight and probably win it.

With the Greater Good being up for pre order, I'm getting pretty excited we should start getting some new info/fluff soon. At the very least we're going to get some new stratagems, and our intercessors will finally get thunder hammers. 

I am also hoping for a wolf guard primaris unit (similiar to how blood angels got death company intercessors). 

Yeah it's possible we've been head faked like death guard and aren't in Saga of the Beast. It would be really strange because we're the 40k fraction tied to Sagas.

That said with the exception of the WIP threads the space wolf forums have been pretty gloomy for awhile now, I think we need some optimism.

Rumor is on the French forums (who have stayed accurate with leaks) that Ragnar faces Ghaz and gets beatdown, and returns as Primaris to get revenge. Still only rumors, but their credibility is high.

Rumor is on the French forums (who have stayed accurate with leaks) that Ragnar faces Ghaz and gets beatdown, and returns as Primaris to get revenge. Still only rumors, but their credibility is high.

the french forum lost some credibility in guessing the last few PA's as wrong. Thing is that if there is a billion guesses some will be right. Korean forums said that Greater Good was IG vs Tau and everyone disregarded them.

Yeah it's possible we've been head faked like death guard and aren't in Saga of the Beast. It would be really strange because we're the 40k fraction tied to Sagas.

That said with the exception of the WIP threads the space wolf forums have been pretty gloomy for awhile now, I think we need some optimism.

Yeah maybe its Ork players tricked into thinking theyre in PA6

We'll be in a book at some point, no need to worry. Alas if Ragnar and Ghaz fight there's only one winner. Frankly if Primaris Ragnar and Ghaz fight there's still only one winner. Big new Ghaz coming back is the Ork version of a Primarch, how disappointed would we be if Russ came back and gets beaten up by some new Genestealer special character or similar?

It's all good, we'll get some decent rules that will push us up to Marine levels, hopefully gives some of the unique units a boost as well.