Runic Awakening: Speculation

Dark Shepherd

*whispers to self* focus on the rules... focus on the rules...

I’m definitely getting anxious about our release. I’m going to be disappointed if all we get is Haldor. DA and BA have had their lieutenant clam packs for awhile.

I’m definitely getting anxious about the impending Marine nerfs. If we get caught in the crossfire we will mess the marine meta while it’s hot. I hope they focus on the main problems as viewed in competitive play- IH, IF, and Forgeworld. RG also need a look. 3 RG successors in top 13 at LVO. Most of that was Lias Issodon.

Unverified source so take with the salt you require but I've been told from someone in the know that the wolves story hasn't been forgotten and there are several big Narrative pieces in play that will be seen on the table.

I wish i had more detail but they're tightlipped as ever. If i do find out anything juicy I'll post here...so for the speculation, what do you guys consider as the big narratives in play for the wolves right now?

I'll be really happy if they re-work Jaws of the World Wolf. I'm looking for that 5th ed. power again :wink: . It wont happen, but hey, new powers would be awesome!

Most of our powers are due a drop in WC value. Current trend is downwards anyway but most seem set a bit high esp WC for 6'cover bubble (which I can see being nerfed to exclude Flyers)

@wolfguarddan be optimistic, our book is probably written too early to catch marine nerfs, at least for a while, character thunder hammers all over again

Edited by Dark Shepherd

Did other deviant chapters get new powers in PA? Or just warp charge decrease?

@Dark Shepard, I worry the April faq will nerf all marines. They should just focus on the worse offenders IH IF RG. Ultra marines and BT aren’t skewing the meta but GW could easily include them in a nerf. Fisherman cast a wide net and sometimes catch dolphins. We are obviously the dolphin in this analogy and I don’t want to be getting caught in a net.

I’ve just got a bit of anxiety about it until we know. And I’ll probably love whatever changes they give us. 15% chance I rage. But that won’t be here. Haha.

New PA Book is out The Imps got a decent Buff. I pray to the Forefathers that we get a Decent Update which make us at lease viable competitively. But the trend in the last years are more into the "we are getting shafted again" curve.

Most of us just need good rules to make us competitive for a change ... We are struggling with weak rules all 8th edition for goodness sake.

I want 3 things

1. Good synergy with doctrines and special doctrine (either the generic doctrines or grey Knight style system, I don't care :) )

2. Strats that gives MOBILITY and guaranteed charges (every melee army got those but wolves didn't because they are probably OP... pffff) We are getting 7 specific strats I hope we get something that counts

3. A viable relic weapon and some way to ignore overwatch and regain CPs... Again everybody has those..

Am I asking too much... :p

On the brightside the book was probably written back to back with the other sm supplements as others have said so we ain't getting outdated stuff for a change... Time will tell though...

Edited by lonewolf81

I agree, save for Doctrines, I do not want them.

wishlisting below

just give us "Hunt / Kill" mono army bonus.

something that assists us in getting within 6-12" and something that helps us hit hard in the charge phase.

maybe on a natural roll of 6, your charging unit gains a 6+ fnp to any wounds caused by overwatch fire?

a 1 cp Strat: for disembark and charge.

i.e ( Move the transport. disembark. use this strat, charge )

maybe a strat like scions got, Deepstrike within 5"

Edited by Triszin

wishlisting mode online...

what i want

1cp "choose a sw unit other than a vehicle,it cannot be targeted in the  following enemy shooting phase unless its the closest"

2cp "3d6 charge for a sw infantry or cavalry unit" 

1cp "choose a sw unit  gets +1 to wound for a phase"

what we ll probably get

buffs like +1attack, reroll hits or exploding 6s ,all applied only during fight phase..which are all useless for an army that hits mostly on 2s in melee , has rerolls cause of character auras and many attacks thx to shock assault ,wulfen stone,saga of wolfkin ,wulfen aura etc  and most of time cant use them because the units get deleted from enemies who roll buckets of shots hiding behind 2-3 layers of cheap screen

Edited by lonewolf81

Haldor most likely won't be getting a clam pack due to being now available in the start collecting Primaris Box for Space Wolves. Ragnar is the staple boy of all GW's sales and representations of Space Wolves, so if we don't get him THAT would surprise me. It would be an error on their part sales wise to introduce him AGAIN.

You could argue it might be Vorak Gnarlfist given Geedubs nature of throwing random dudes as Primaris into the mix.

FOR INSTANCE -*cough* where the fu-*cough* is Primaris Azrae +VOX TRANSMISSION INCOMPLETE+

I'm hoping for at least some minuscule attention to Logan as a single unit. Hardly anyone uses his Santa Claus version and both are really not great.

Although, narrative wise, I wouldn't mind Logan dying in battle and being succeeded by Ragnar. Would serve as a good intro to the Wolftime. 

I haven't had a chance to even build and paint my Logan. I hope they don't kill him already.

The fact sled-logan nor his older foot-logan are in Legends shows he won't be going anytime sooner. Additionally PA is about past events between the return 9f Guilliman and present lore, and we know Logan is currently alive shows he won't be dieing anytime soon.

I haven't had a chance to even build and paint my Logan. I hope they don't kill him already.

He is quite a new plastic mini. I would be very surprised if they killed him off. I don't think GW has killed any special characters for a long time (Dante and Eldrad were both killed off in 3rd edition but Eldrad was later ret-conned). Even Creed is not really dead, just stuck in Trazyn's museum until it is an interesting time to let him out.

Tin foil hat.

Ghaz beats down.ragnar.

Ragnar gets primarised after pa6.

Then it ties into the upcoming audio drama

Ragnar goes on a quest to garm, to use Russ's spear against the beast in revenge.

Garm is in the rift.

When Ragnar gets there, Russ's spear is gone.

Ragnar goes on a quest to find it, with arjac, Lukas, njal and a primaris brother.

When that find the spear, it, they are awed. Russ has returned

Tin foil hat.

Ghaz beats down.ragnar.

Ragnar gets primarised after pa6.

Then it ties into the upcoming audio drama

Ragnar goes on a quest to garm, to use Russ's spear against the beast in revenge.

Garm is in the rift.

When Ragnar gets there, Russ's spear is gone.

Ragnar goes on a quest to find it, with arjac, Lukas, njal and a primaris brother.

When that find the spear, it, they are awed. Russ has returned

Dont...dont give me hope, brother...