Runic Awakening: Speculation

Dark Shepherd

i don't think a dual box for njal/rune priest would be too far out of the question.this is psychic awakening after all.

i'll honestly be happy if the ragnar rumour is true, but a primaris njal would be truly unexpected, extremely fitting and absolutely brilliant

That would be cool. The extra wound is always good and the only thing holding Primaris Rune Priests back from being cc monsters is their being burdened with runic swords.

They could even do 2 kits of Njal/generic rune priest, one regular and one gravis

Obligatory Logan dies I riot since it’s becoming my catchphrase I guess. Really though I hate how that keeps getting pitched. Egil died, bloodhowl is gone, our home world is ravaged then Logan is supposed to die and Ragnar gets wailed on?

I’m all for being an underdog but that’s getting ridicules bordering on comical.

Simply cannot agree with this enough. Wolves have been kicked down for quite a number of years at this point. We need Russ to come back and have some clear cut WINS for the Rout.

I don’t think we need Russ. It would be nice but I don’t want Russ to become a crutch like Bobby G was for UM. I hope they make our characters as dynamic as they’re making the Iron Father. Our character abilities and auras look silly in comparison.

I hope the codex deviant marines get Combat Doctrine like SM.

things that could come back to help us.

runic armor should be auto included in runepriests, it should not be an add on.

Our melee weapons

Runic weapons and frost weapons need either a massive points adjustments, or for there rules to be altered to be worth the cost.

ranged weapons

Helfrost needs to be ironed out across the board, simplified, or rules adjusted to make sense right now they are not worth it.

the helfrost destructor is abyssmal.

having to roll a 6 in addition to a wound for a chance to do 1 mortal wound is obtuse and rarely occurs.

I say scrap the mortal wound and change it to a movement reduction

accessories

Bring back runic charms/wolftail talismans and have that offer a 6+fnp vs mortal wounds, make it available to all squad leaders, and all wolf guard units.

Lord of the wolfkin saga

: in addition to its current rules add a 6" aura of "savior protocols" [ Protect the Alpha ] fenrisian wolves, cyber wolves and T wolves can intercept a attack and take a mortal

SPace wolves should specialize in the mid range cqc distance, with melee bolt and helfrost

[ 6" to 18"]

-----------

I also dont think space wolves will be getting doctrines, nor do I think dark angels or blood angels will.

I view doctrines as a way to make codex proper different and unique.

where as wolves, blood/dark angels special juice is they are what they are all the time.

Edited by Triszin

Combat Doctrines is a name, but the effect is clear.

Any other name will work, but fluffy ones are the most memorable.

Hunt Stances sounds silly, but I don't have a better example right now.

The huge tradeoff in this game is that when the game rewards the army on the table as it should in the fluff is going to be the crunch sought after by GW.

If the fluff and the crunch both work together, then so much the better.

Hunt, Stalk, Kill, could do something totally Wolfy but be a near-Combat Doctrines setup that it's not even funny.

That's the hard part: reading the mind of a group of people that sometimes forget their own rules, as in, there appears to be a free point every four most of the time. Some rules and Codex writers just forget it now and then, changing what should be balanced and well playable into the current hodge-podge of points values that lack rhyme and reason currently.

Yea... 

Remember how we thought Curse of the Wulfen would bring back 13th Company aswell?

Or how Wrath of Magnus SURELY was the Wolftime?

Or how the (second) 13th Black Crusade was THE Wolftime Event?

Or all the hints of NOW DEFINITELY IS THE WOLFTIME in our last codex?

While i WISH he would be released, I doubt it will happen...

...I believe it the day he greets me like an old friend, knocks me on my head, hands me an axe and an ale and tells me there are more heretics to kill.

It would be foolish to build these huge dreams up about 

"Yes, surely SW will get a new Codex! And all these new rules! And awesome stratagems! And their own discipline! And a bunch of finecrap characters re-made in plast, HD and as Primaris! And a chapter-specific unit of Primaris! And Russ! And his Wolves!"

...you can regularly watch others cycling through similiar depressive rounds of high expectations, that will never be met, based on one little "sign" and a big bunch of fantasy.

I think the Lion is a similiarly 'possible'release up their sleeve.

And i bet, atleast on a conceptual scale GW has (contingency) plans for all Primarchs on both sides - and equivalent stuff for the other factions like 'Beast Ghaz' and the like.

But who knows what they will actually give us.

They might keep them up their sleeve for less prosperous times, when they'll desperately need an influx of sales (or an increase of sales, to appease the shareholders)

• 1 month later...

My gut says, if pa4 is a boxaet.

It'll be more than just 2 new characters and old troops.

It could be like 2 new characters, and 2 new troops.

And I could see Russ coming back.

As a guide and mentor to psykers guiding them along the golden path.

And i really hope we don't get doctrines.

Edited by Triszin

Oh hey, this book might not be a total loss. Iron Priests have the Techmarine keyword. Assuming that Master of the Forge is dependent on Techmarine keyword and the book does not specifically gate SW out of selecting stuff from it.

Then again, I'm probably the only one running an Iron Priest on a Bike.

We'll probably get copy and paste versions of those character upgrades but I think theyre a waste of a command point especially for us (with Njal)

Should probably get doctrines too. Russ I cant see happening. Partly as PA seems to be mostly rules plus past events fleshed out in lore. Primaris Ragnar and maybe maybe some CC primaris will be all we get IMO.

Oh hey, this book might not be a total loss. Iron Priests have the Techmarine keyword. Assuming that Master of the Forge is dependent on Techmarine keyword and the book does not specifically gate SW out of selecting stuff from it.

Then again, I'm probably the only one running an Iron Priest on a Bike.

Master of Sanctity is a stratagem that only benefits chaplain models (not wolf priest) and their litanies.

Master of the Forge is probably a stratagem that will only benefit tech marine model, not techmarine keyword stratagem (just like Master of Sanctity).

Russ I can't see coming. Our book isn't the end of PA, and doesn't have the grandeur to reveal a Primarch.

Edit: I would not look forward to a codex book effecting our army, our changes will be in our book or errata.

Edited by Jarl Caldersson

Master of the Forge is probably a stratagem that will only benefit tech marine model, not techmarine keyword stratagem (just like Master of Sanctity).

Russ I can't see coming. Our book isn't the end of PA, and doesn't have the grandeur to reveal a Primarch.

Edit: I would not look forward to a codex book effecting our army, our changes will be in our book or errata.

Whenever a term is bolded, it refers to a specific keyword, which is the exact point of the whole keyword system. A model with X keyword is a X model.

As such, a CHAPLAIN model is any model with CHAPLAIN keyword, hence Grimaldus and Cassius are both Chaplains, and the latter is a MASTER OF SANCTITY. Wolf Priest lacks the CHAPLAIN keyword and has the unique WOLF PRIEST keyword as an unit signifier, therefore Wolf Priest is not a CHAPLAIN model. This also extends to Rune Priests.

Iron Priests are however different from the other two of our priests, as they possess both IRON PRIEST and TECHMARINE keywords (IMPERIUM 1 FAQ also extends it to its variants).

Vanilla Techmarine and its Thunderfire Cannon variant's sole unit signifying keyword is TECHMARINE. Therefore an Iron Priest model is a TECHMARINE model.

Feirros is also a TECHMARINE and MASTER OF THE FORGE, in case someone was wondering.

Whenever a term is bolded, it refers to a specific keyword, which is the exact point of the whole keyword system. A model with X keyword is a X model.

As such, a CHAPLAIN model is any model with CHAPLAIN keyword, hence Grimaldus and Cassius are both Chaplains, and the latter is a MASTER OF SANCTITY. Wolf Priest lacks the CHAPLAIN keyword and has the unique WOLF PRIEST keyword as an unit signifier, therefore Wolf Priest is not a CHAPLAIN model. This also extends to Rune Priests.

Iron Priests are however different from the other two of our priests, as they possess both IRON PRIEST and TECHMARINE keywords (IMPERIUM 1 FAQ also extends it to its variants).

Vanilla Techmarine and its Thunderfire Cannon variant's sole unit signifying keyword is TECHMARINE. Therefore an Iron Priest model is a TECHMARINE model.

Feirros is also a TECHMARINE and MASTER OF THE FORGE, in case someone was wondering.

You are still trying to apply a codex army rule to a non-codex army. We haven't got any of the codex army rules for the SW's, we get a errata shortly afterwards that apply all applicable information to us. As I said before do not expect anything from PA2, PA3 is our time to shine if rumor is to be believed.

You are still trying to apply a codex army rule to a non-codex army. We haven't got any of the codex army rules for the SW's, we get a errata shortly afterwards that apply all applicable information to us. As I said before do not expect anything from PA2, PA3 is our time to shine if rumor is to be believed.

Hence why I mentioned this in my initial post. Thus far there is nothing to indicate that non-codex chapters are barred from utilizing said stratagem.

Assuming that Master of the Forge is dependent on Techmarine keyword and the book does not specifically gate SW out of selecting stuff from it.