Runic Awakening: Speculation

Dark Shepherd

atm, assume you cannot take it. PA 2 is for templars, and proper codex astartes supplements.

Wolves, are supposedly due in PA4, which some say is in Jan 2020, until then, expect nothing*.

* chapter approved should be announced in the next 2*? weeks I believe.

Does anyone know what the chapter champion upgrade is? I assume its a buffed up company champion unless its just something you give to any non named character?

Chapter company is a different unit than the company champion in the codex marine book

Ah, thanks. I only have our own codex so miss these things

atm, assume you cannot take it. PA 2 is for templars, and proper codex astartes supplements.

Wolves, are supposedly due in PA4, which some say is in Jan 2020, until then, expect nothing*.

* chapter approved should be announced in the next 2*? weeks I believe.

Yeah it is rumoured to be Space Wolves and Orks, right? Seems legit, I hope.. :) New Ragnar or Leman Russ in plastic, I hope.. ;)

So if you haven't seen the PA2 reviews/leaks from reddit or wherever. The books is applicable to C:SM and its supplements. So we will be waiting for PA4 (if rumors are to be true) to get our rules. 

So far the only rumors are Primaris Ragnar, and that is it, right?

If PA 3 is going to focus on just the BA and the Nids, then that likely means that they're going to be cramming a lot of rules and lore into the book.

If the wolves and orks are going to be book 4, then I would think they would likely try to sneak in a third faction (maybe Dark Angels or Thousand Sons). 

If PA 3 is going to focus on just the BA and the Nids, then that likely means that they're going to be cramming a lot of rules and lore into the book.

If the wolves and orks are going to be book 4, then I would think they would likely try to sneak in a third faction (maybe Dark Angels or Thousand Sons). 

if PA 3 is just nids and BA.

then is suspect PA 4 will be just wolves and orks. and a WHOLE LOTTA LOVE!

I like how Triszin thinks

I can see SW and Orks being the prime focus if not sole. Rumoured boxset would support that. Chaos might be a bit of shoehorn. Daemons or Worldeaters might make it too Vigilusy. But if this Wagghhh is as big as rumoured then there might be some Imperial allies in a supporting role

Edited by Dark Shepherd

I like how Triszin thinks

I can see SW and Orks being the prime focus if not sole. Rumoured boxset would support that. Chaos might be a bit of shoehorn. Daemons or Worldeaters might make it too Vigilusy. But if this Wagghhh is as big as rumoured then there might be some Imperial allies in a supporting role

None of those would be out of place if the battleground is Armageddon/Ullanor, one could even toss in Salamanders and Grey Knights to assist the Steel Legion without the place feeling crowded or disconnected lore-wise.

Then again, GW could pull some silly gak like teleport that damnable rock into Terra's orbit once again with ork magitek just to reveal Rogal Dorn as the next loyalist primarch.

The only factions that haven't been featured/given rules so far is GK, DA, SW, Orks, DG, 1ksons, IG, knights, Daemons, Necrons, GSC, and Tau.

IG, GSC, and Knights is suspect won't get anything, Tau are forgettable. However the non-codex SM and cult CSM however do deserves something along with the Orks, Necrons, and Daemons

Eldar/Deldar(PA1)

SM/CSM (PA2)

BA/NIDS(PA3)

what could happen with this wolves part in PA is the introduction of the Wolf Spear chapter, we might even be close to the next space wolves codex

I suspect 9th will happen before the 8th SW codex 2.0. However any information about successors would be a welcomed. Most notably, how do they make marines without the cup of wulfen and Fenrisians.

Am I the only one who still doesn’t want Space Wolves successor chapters?

I loved the “lost company” device for making our own version of a successor that was so unique to Space Wolves. So I feel like suddenly having successor chapters everywhere just exactly like every other chapter feels like losing something special about being Fenrisian, more than it feels like we’re gaining something. We’re just that much more vanilla now.

Does nobody else feel this way?

I mean there had to be a way to make Space Wolves before Fenris was found since there were Space Wolves before Fenris was found...

I’m kind of wondering what Wolves from another culture would actually look like - there was a part of me that was hoping that GW/BL/ADB was going to reveal that the Emperor’s Spears were secretly a Wolves Successor - not that we needed an actual blue Wolf.

no successor chapters has limited peoples creativity. hard to build a kingdom with the limited ambiguity of a lost company. i would never make one but i say give people some structure and ambiguity in the lore where a person could do a space wolves succesor and have it seem plausible and not a violation of the lore. Edited by Wispy

I echo NightHowler's sentiment, no successors is a unique shtick for the Wolves. Taking that away strips a lot of lore that makes the Wolves unique. 

The lost company theme still gives a massive amount of creative freedom. 

And on the Fenrisian recruitment thing, I think it really is just tradition rather than fact that Fenrisians are the only possible recruits. The 6th legion clearly recruited from terra originally, so even if Fenrisians are the ideal recruits I don't see why you couldn't have a lost company made up of non-Fenrisians. 

The idea of Space Wolves not from fenris is a really cool idea. I immediately think of Russ's vision in Wolfsbane when he sees a clean cut terran version of himself.

'massive ammount of creative freedom'

no, not really at all. not if you want to make something plausible in the lore. there's a lot of implications with 'lost company' and the major one, is well, they're lost, probably isolated from support. anything beyond a merry warband is probably not lore friendly. and 'lost companies' are barely mentioned in the lore, not like succesor chapters are. might as well not exist.

so yeah not really the freedom of a full chapter with its own history.

Edited by Wispy

I think most of you forget that the terran SW's were berserkers at a WE level and insane. Noone would work with them, not even other legions. It wasn't until the cup of wulfen that it kept them under control. Except that th cup of wulfen only works with fenrisians as giving it to non-fenrisions causes a huge outbreak of wulfen.

As for Lost Companies, they were lost and couldn't get back or left with disagreeing with Grimnar. They couldn't recruit as that would bring sentence from the High Lords and/or completly falling to the curse. How long can a Lost Company last before it succumbs to injury and dies. Not long especially now with the rift opened.