Runic Awakening: Speculation

Dark Shepherd

Well we have PA 4 plus hopefully loads of points drops

Article on Blood Angels in PA3 says they adhere to the codex so get the standard doctrines plus an extra attack in assault. And all the usual litanies plus a BA specific one

Id hope as the least codex adherent that we get something much different to all of that. Our chaplains have to double up as apothecaries sure

I was surprised at "As well as being noble, the Blood Angels are compliant with the Codex Astartes and have now been brought in line with their fellow Space Marines battle-brothers."

I never really considered them compliant. This is a bit of a retcon no? Makes me wonder what our fate will be.

Edited by PeteySödes

Ba alsoget death co intercessors.

So makes me wonder.

Grey hunters interssors?

Blood claw reivers

Death sworn reivers?

Death company intercessors make sense as its just a marine that falls to the Black Rage. I would say the closest is our wulfen, except we have models, and Mark of the wulfen is a relic. So I don't think we have an equal.

I was surprised at "As well as being noble, the Blood Angels are compliant with the Codex Astartes and have now been brought in line with their fellow Space Marines battle-brothers."

I never really considered them compliant. This is a bit of a retcon no? Makes me wonder what our fate will be.

From a outsider perspective the BA are 100% codex compliant, minus their Sanguinary Guard. However in lore most chapter have a unit or 2 of elite warriors using special weapons, GW just hadn't made them for TT. Unlike the SWs that are totally non-compliant.

Inside the BAs have the death company that they attempt to keep secret from the world. The point is BA have made an attempt, as have the DA, to be codex compliant. So no this isn't a retcon, and no they aren't going to make us codex compliant. You all need to calm down.

I know this is a time testing our faith and trust brothers. We sail the uneasy seas of fate and fear claws at our throats. Ever since Magnus return we have been dealt blow after blow. You must remain calm and keep moving forward. Give GW a little trust for now, we have no reason to dig our own grave before they have even announced anything. Let us wait for our time and I formation to come. If we have been dealt wrongly, then we will take action. For now we have no guidance and are simply adrift.

Edited by Jarl Caldersson

read some comment that stood out to me.

What if space wolves end up kind of like Maw tribes from AoS?

looking at some of them, 40k ifying them might be good for wolves?

i.e.

If a space wolves unit is more than 6" away from a unit add 2" to its movement characteristic. ( Must move towards enemy)

If a space wolves unit is fewer than 6" away, add 2 to its LD value

If a space wolf Characer is in combat, choose 1 space wolf squad within 18" add 1 to there attack characteristic

Honestly I think they just picked a few of the beaten down sexes to showcase in CA article. I actually took hope from the CA article that if dark angles special units are getting a drop then we will see the same, and supposedly they get updates "in line with their codex adherent kin." I took all of this as reason to hope. Albeit tempered hope, that CA will actually give us something.

I like bashing the Dark Angels as much as anyone but referring to them as one of the beaten down sexes.... :-p

I still suspect Wulfen may go up alightly and TWC will stay the same as Shock Assault and doctrines will buff them and GW still think TWC are the monsters they were in 7th

Lol autocorrect got me meant dexes. Gunna leave it cuz its hilarious though.

I hope they fix thunderwolf cavalry. I dont think GW see the serious downsides produced by being calvary, like no climbing up buildings. Thematic yes, but s downside nonetheless. Plus movement 10 isn't exactly lightning lol.

Also I think hope can be drawn from BA psychic awakening that even if we dont get as much in CA we will be getting plenty in PA4

Edited by jbickb

I hoping we get bonus rules for the different great companies, and I'm selfishly hoping for a primaris Krom Dragongaze, as my army is from his great company

Didn't kromnhust get a model, like the most recent of the SW range.

I am hoping we get successor rules that fit with the great companies, so they can be this or that.

I hoping we get bonus rules for the different great companies, and I'm selfishly hoping for a primaris Krom Dragongaze, as my army is from his great company

Didn't kromnhust get a model, like the most recent of the SW range.

I am hoping we get successor rules that fit with the great companies, so they can be this or that.

Yeah, but I want him to cross the Rubicon!

I like bashing the Dark Angels as much as anyone but referring to them as one of the beaten down sexes.... :-p

I still suspect Wulfen may go up alightly and TWC will stay the same as Shock Assault and doctrines will buff them and GW still think TWC are the monsters they were in 7th

Lol autocorrect got me meant dexes. Gunna leave it cuz its hilarious though.

I hope they fix thunderwolf cavalry. I dont think GW see the serious downsides produced by being calvary, like no climbing up buildings. Thematic yes, but s downside nonetheless. Plus movement 10 isn't exactly lightning lol.

Also I think hope can be drawn from BA psychic awakening that even if we dont get as much in CA we will be getting plenty in PA4

I think TWC suffer from a problem that Custodes do as well (and this is reflected in stormshield points) that GW think or have a formula suggesting that Toughness 5 is way more influential than it actually is