Runic Awakening: Speculation

Dark Shepherd

There was a games day exclusive wolf priest also. But those are real hard to come by.

Pretty sure I remember seeing an amazing Wolf Priest model. :D

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/351170-barners-sw-primaris-progress/?p=5323559

Conversions abound lol. But no specific model from GW excepting the game day one

So blood angels got both : melee buff (+1 attack special doctrine) and movement buff (+1 to advance and charge)... i hope wolves get a movement buff too and a strat for advance and charge... Do blood angel vehicles also get the chapter tactic ..does anyone know?

PS: The thing i fear the most is that  marines are considered top dog now and by the time we get our stuff, rules team may think  they are too good and we will get mediocre crap rules AGAIN !!! :tongue.:

Edited by lonewolf81

From what I’ve heard it’s a minimum of 6 months finalize to print to stores. That would put us around marines release. So I don’t think we would get preemptively nerfed that way.

How we get get nerfed is by FAQ that hurts us in the crossfire of codex marines targeting.

Meta may adjust to new marines as well.

I think we lack some of the codex marines units that make them super good such as centurions and thunder fire cannons. I was listening to Chapter Tactics podcast and they said don’t flinch now and sell your dark angels or space wolves because it looks like blood angels gave us the template that GW is going to use for us. And they were like especially don’t sell your wolves. But they may have been saying that tongue in cheek.

So blood angels got both : melee buff (+1 attack special doctrine) and movement buff (+1 to advance and charge)... i hope wolves get a movement buff too and a strat for advance and charge... Do blood angel vehicles also get the chapter tactic ..does anyone know?

PS: The thing i fear the most is that marines are considered top dog now and by the time we get our stuff, rules team may think they are too good and we will get mediocre crap rules AGAIN !!! :tongue.:

Are those buffs both for when assault doctrine is active?

Tbh I would rather have something that helps us get into CQC or stay there. It seems to be a pain to get there, and yes that may be because I play primaris. However it's always such a risk or takes alot of effort to do so. Then the next turn the other unit can just pull out of combat, making it start all over again.

We have had ideas before on this forum to get the night Lord tactics and such, and I do hope we get something like that. We are supposed to be feared as SM killers.

1cp disbark and charge from transports.

1cp squad can charge after advancing

Agreed.

I think wolves should be focused on

Getting within 0-8" range.

+2" to charge and advanced moves when not within 6" of an enemy ( must move towards)

Then a different bonus when within 6"

Edited by Triszin

I would be a fan of that stratagem. It is powerful but requires a huge investment in transports that other Chapters don't need to sling shot their units forward. BA, WS, and RG are all very quick at getting in an enemy's face. I want to be like that too. Let's face it, we won't be "competitive" unless we get a way to the enemy's line fast.

I expect we get a boost in the Assault Doctrine because that's what we are regarded as. Part of me was hoping for Tactical Doctrine as it suits a more well-rounded approach. And I regard our 40k Wolf-style to be more balanced than the 30k Assault approach. Give us something that represents Blood Claws, Grey Hunters, and Long Fangs. Because that's how we go to war now.

Yeah, I'd honestly like to see the bonus in the Tactical phase as well. Maybe we'll get some sort of saga system that lets us choose between heavy/tactical/assault but it is active the whole battle. Maybe we can spend a cp to change it? 

Might be to tactical for Space Wolves though. Hopefully we'll get some spoilers in the next month or two. :D

1cp disbark and charge from transports.

1cp squad can charge after advancing

Agreed.

I think wolves should be focused on

Getting within 0-8" range.

+2" to charge and advanced moves when not within 6" of an enemy ( must move towards)

Then a different bonus when within 6"

I would be estatic if I could get a move vehicle+disembark+charge for cp. Now just need melee primaris, give me primaris grey slayers!!!

Yeah, I'd honestly like to see the bonus in the Tactical phase as well. Maybe we'll get some sort of saga system that lets us choose between heavy/tactical/assault but it is active the whole battle. Maybe we can spend a cp to change it?

Might be to tactical for Space Wolves though. Hopefully we'll get some spoilers in the next month or two. :D

Sisters of battle have a chart of abilities that are unlocked the same way as combat doctrines. Basically you can either pick one or roll 2d6 and take two, then they have a stratagem that let's them change it. The abilities aren't as strong as combat doctrines but a similar system would give alot of flexibility.

Another possibility would be changing the order of doctrines for wolves. Start in devastor letting the fangs call the shots, then the blood claws get their chance at glory, and finally the hunters complete the mission.

That and I don't think any of suggested replacements for Doctrines have been as good as what marines have. So whatever we get is going to get it's own chance.

What ever doctrines we get need to be set up for close combat melee units get units in melee asap and get the doing some good damage

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/360485-rumour-engine-101219/

People seem to be think Ghaz is coming with the new rumor engine. Which puts whatever rumor monger said Orks get model, SW nothing in the running. I have to admit it does look very orkish.... A tad disheartened.

Are we sure that each PA will only have a single model? PA1 had 4 new units released. Granted that may have been a special case to give the start a "big bang" but I would find it very odd if Wolves end up being the only Chapter without a primarised special character.

Where is the rumour that wolves get nothing? Our French friend who has had everything right except for wolves in Jan stated Ragnar is coming. I don’t doubt that at this point

Yeah and if I remember right he was talking about it when he was listing what Templars would get in PA (nothing model wise). That's enough time for the order of books not to quite be set in stone.