Runic Awakening: Speculation

Dark Shepherd

So PA4 appears to be a single DA model and a book. I think we should brace ourselves to maybe a primaris character and that's it.

PA5 is probably Tau vs DG, and I expect Tau to get the model as GW has been generous to DG already. I can't see it being any SMs and the only other thing going on is the startide.

Most of the lore of PA is filling in gaps between the launch of primaris and the release of 8th. The thing that get me is Ashes of Prospero is never mentioned and now the DA and GK are going there not us. Then the Orks were battling deathwatch not SWs. Soni don't see how the PA fits in recently past lore...

edit spelling

Edited by Jarl Caldersson

Grey knights didn't get tact,assault,Dev by the looks of it.

Gives me hope for wolves not getting them.

Gk are always on, so are wolves for lack of a better term

They are getting extra psychic mullarkey instead which is more fluffy

Giving us a new named (psychic) character, now that would be a major curveball

Edited by Dark Shepherd

To be honest I’d much prefer rules over a new model if I had to choose anyways.

I mean both orks and SW would get rules. It just seems 1 side is getting a model (PA1 is the exception)

I know, I just meant I’m not too bothered by not getting a model.

There's also that possibility, it might be Orks getting a model and we get rules.

I'm trying to set my expectations beneath the floorboards atm

I think orks getting the model is more than likely.

I agree. There is a pic up on the rumour engine that looked like the back of a suit of mega armour so a lot of people are expecting a new Ghazzy.

There's also that possibility, it might be Orks getting a model and we get rules.

I'm trying to set my expectations beneath the floorboards atm

I think orks getting the model is more than likely.

I agree. There is a pic up on the rumour engine that looked like the back of a suit of mega armour so a lot of people are expecting a new Ghazzy.

Well rumors of Saga of the Beast will be the lead up to 9th could be accurate. Release Gazz in the pre-close up (akin to Magnus and Warzone Fenris) which leads up to the campaign closing up 8th and the return of Russ (akin to Roboutes return) and the start of 9th. However that is several rumors merged into one theory with some salt and hope thrown in. So it won't hapen.

my own heavy tin foil hat expectations.

and I MEAN HEAVY TINFOIL.

like 2% chance of reality.

Beast Ghaz launches right before 8.5 edition releases.

Mega campaign book on Armageddon.

- Beast ghaz is enroute to Armageddon.

- Angron is summoned on the planet, devastate imperial forces.

- Yarrick, is slain by angron

- beast ghaz planet falls and fights angron, beating him down for killing yarrick.

- Yarrick resurrects and is now an imperial saint, to the delightful glee of ghaz.

- another loyal primarch appears (corax or russ)

- results are, beast ghaz steals the planet back, angron is now loose in the materium, imperial guard get a super charged leader, another loyalist is out an about.

Edited by Triszin

my own heavy tin foil hat expectations.

and I MEAN HEAVY TINFOIL.

like 2% chance of reality.

Beast Ghaz launches right before 8.5 edition releases.

Mega campaign book on Armageddon.

- Beast ghaz is enroute to Armageddon.

- Angron is summoned on the planet, devastate imperial forces.

- Yarrick, is slain by angron

- beast ghaz planet falls and fights angron, beating him down for killing yarrick.

- Yarrick resurrects and is now an imperial saint, to the delightful glee of ghaz.

- another loyal primarch appears (corax or russ)

- results are, beast ghaz steals the planet back, angron is now loose in the materium, imperial guard get a super charged leader, another loyalist is out an about.

Can I share your tinfoil hat?

I actually like this :)

makes a tinfoil hat and a stand to pass them out.

/me happily wears tinfoil hat.

Though I don't think Russ should come out so soon. I want him. Don't get me wrong. But I need another 1-3 years experiencing painting before he gets released so I can do him up right and proper. Plus I'm still working on vikinging-up Impulsors.

If we were to get a new model it would most likely be a Primaris Ragnar Blackmane as his old model is pretty stagnant and Geedubs have always pushed the Blackmane Company over every other (see our Primaris upgrade kit for example A, transfer sheet for example B). On that note, perhaps we'll finally get proper upgrade kits as well. :wub:

However, a new Ghaz model is also long over due. They could be introducing a Box Set like they did with Ynnari/DE/Eldar, where they have two new models facing off? Food for thought.

I'm just hoping our super doctrine isn't a copy-paste of the Blood Angels Doctrine. As nice as the updates were, definitely not strong enough to put BA's (and possibly Space Wolves) on the same level as the new Marine Codex Supplements until we get a new Codex in general. That sadness aside, I'm hoping they give us some dang Stratagems as we have too many bonuses To Hit + Power Level bonuses that are so circumstantial its not even funny. In all my games, I've only used 5-6 out of 17 SW Stratagems. If we received some more bonuses to wound (outside of long fangs and characters), I think Space Wolves would benefit.:yes:  

If we go off similarities to the BA's Codex, we could be receiving Primaris Wolf Guard or more Stratagems specific to Wolf Guard or other units. I wouldn't mind a Grey Hunter strat. at all. :biggrin.:

Primaris Intercessor Wolf Guard could be good if theyre created by a strategem, otherwise lack of cc weapons holds them back, though the sergeant with power fist would be obscene

Primaris Wolf Guard Pack leaders for select units would be a tonne of fun

Doctrine wise, doubt we'll get same one as BA but it will definitely be in assault doctrine (especially if we get the same vanilla doctrines). All units get death frenzy if assault doctrine is active?

Primaris Intercessor Wolf Guard could be good if theyre created by a strategem, otherwise lack of cc weapons holds them back, though the sergeant with power fist would be obscene

Primaris Wolf Guard Pack leaders for select units would be a tonne of fun

Doctrine wise, doubt we'll get same one as BA but it will definitely be in assault doctrine (especially if we get the same vanilla doctrines). All units get death frenzy if assault doctrine is active?

No reason for us to get vanilla if they've made us ait tis long surely wed have had the same from the beginning...…….