Runic Awakening: Speculation

Dark Shepherd

Pa5, is probably feb8.

If theyre speeding through PA4 and revealing PA5 tomorrow I think it might be sooner.

Big variable is when sisters come out. They do like to big releases around monthly pay day which would be Feb 1st. They may even do PA5 late Jan as its niche and then big sisters drop early Feb

Pa5, is probably feb8.

If theyre speeding through PA4 and revealing PA5 tomorrow I think it might be sooner.

Big variable is when sisters come out. They do like to big releases around monthly pay day which would be Feb 1st. They may even do PA5 late Jan as its niche and then big sisters drop early Feb

Who said they are revealing PA5 tomorrow? All they said is that we will have to wait a little bit longer. If they pre-order PA4 on 11th and deliver on 18th, the soonest we will see PA5 released is the 1st of February, however we have sisters stuff coming so I think the Feb 8th (as Triszin said) is the safest guess. We might preview the Saga of the Beast in laste february and release March 7th, as they have stuff to release for AoS in February supposedly.

I assume if pa6 is in March it'll be preorder March 21, 28. I don't think wolves ever got stuff early march.

------

Now if I were to day Dream a rebuilt primaris ragnar...

Daydream engaged.

Armor: Tacticus merged with inceptor

- Result, Tacticus armor that is a drop pod in and of itself.

Special rules:

Drop Assault: ( same rules as drop pod)

Homer Beacon: ( Allows deep strike within 6", and drop assault, drop pod assault within 6" of ragnar)

Ragnar's wolves have teleport harnesses, they teleport in as soon as ragnar lands/disembarks allowing the wolves to stay with ragnar, and ignore transport issues.

Edited by Triszin

As many people believe that SW will be out during PA6: Saga of the Beast, this may be relevant.The BL subforum has uncovered some info on this issue.

https://www.spotlight.com/6696-1277-7883

"2019, Voice Over, Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka, SAGA OF THE BEAST, Games Workshop (Black Library), Matthew Renshaw"

So it looks like Ghaz will be the big character coming out during Saga of the Beast (no big surprise there). This could spiral into many other rumors and theories that are ongoing, or fizzle into nothing much like the story of the Deathwatch tower that fell to Ghaz.

If they prime ork Ghaz though thats an €80 or €90 model, hopefully theyd still do a Wolves character alongside it

If they Primork Ghaz, then we are indeed looking for a very expensive model. No model of that caliber (abaddon, guilliman, mortarion, magnus) has come in a box set before. Additionally only PA1 has had models for both sides, all others shown so far only have a single model.

If primeork ghaz does exist, he won't be in a boxset, he will be along side it.

And he'll be deamon primarch price.

I have doubts they will give a Lord of War and box set for psychic awakening, unless this is the finale. However there is 15ish more factions to go through, which puts us until 2020 late Q3/early Q4 to finish.

There is always the chance, pa6 is just ghaz, model wise.

I just don't want to see people get dissappointed if all we get is rules

Rumors tend to be half truths. Ghaz could be the only model in pa6.

And the new starter box for 8.5 could be wolves vs orks

Edited by Triszin

I still think 8.5 starter will be generic marines

We could get a boxset as theres not been one since sisters nor is there one rumoured I dont think? Cant see tau getting one. So theres a chance of a boxset with maybe new primaris sculpts in it. Otherwise thats a huge gap for them with no boxsets

We could get a boxset as theres not been one since sisters nor is there one rumoured I dont think? Cant see tau getting one. So theres a chance of a boxset with maybe new primaris sculpts in it. Otherwise thats a huge gap for them with no boxsets

I imagine if we are the heralds of 8.5 it will be like fang and claw. We get a single unique model (primaris Ragnar or a new Primaris) and the rest of it will be new generic primaris. So far every other the all chapters have their unique marine. While the non-codex have their own unique lieutenant and then a named primaris (mephiston, and Lazerius). The SW are missing a named primaris.

I imagine if we are the heralds of 8.5 it will be like fang and claw. We get a single unique model (primaris Ragnar or a new Primaris) and the rest of it will be new generic primaris. So far every other the all chapters have their unique marine. While the non-codex have their own unique lieutenant and then a named primaris (mephiston, and Lazerius). The SW are missing a named primaris.
I think youre right. If the leaked bikes/speeders are in the summer and or 8.5 box then Jan to July would be a long time to go without any (generic) primaris release

3 factions co firmed for PA5 so am guessing we could get Guard and or Deathwatch in with us for Saga of the Beast. Maybe even custodes

Edited by Dark Shepherd

I hope we get something like the tide system for greyknights

Agreed. GK get their own doctrine style system* as well as their own litanies, new set of psychic powers as well as strats and relics

We badly need new relics too, of the 6 only 2 are worth taking.

* GK change their doctrine via a psychic power, how about we change ours by killing things or some other effect(s)?

It’s interesting to see what grey knights got because it’s showing GW Will deviate from the doctrine system. I’d still like to get normal combat doctrines. And I want the regular marine litanies. (Looking at you canticle I’d hate). We don’t have too much longer to wait. 2 months will give me time to get my Adepticon team army finished in time

Dark Shepard. I like that idea to change doctrine. Or warlord has to pass a leadership check on 2D6.

I think having doctrines but we can swap them using or Wolf Lord's would be very thematics as they give the blow by blow orders to their company on the field. I think either a LD check or a once per round ability would be cool. Then again having four buffs to choose from is also very tasty

Either Lord's, or wolf priests, I think wof priest in the same detachment should get a mini aura based off the saga the Lord has.

I could see gaurd in this book also.

Edited by Triszin

So the rules team is buffing melee a bit... Blood angels got +1 to charge additional tactic and some other shenanigans through wargear etc. Dark angels are rumored to get a strat that puts dw termies close for an almost guaranteed charge. I wander what wolves will get for melee mobility/viability (I hope we get something other than reroll hits for goodness sake) ... If the dark angels won't get improved tactics neither are we cause ours has also 2 parts...

I personally i want to get the marine doctrines and advance and charge when in tactical doctrine. If the unit already has that rule rolls 2 dice for advance keeping the highest. In that way you get advance and charge turn 2 for all the army (which won't be broken with all that shooting everyone packs) and turn 1 only one unit gets it with a strat that lets you choose a doctrine. Another good bonus would be roll 3 dice for charge keeping the highest result during tactical doctrine. I don't think we will get the grey Knight treatment because they are trying to keep the same core rules for all astartes Vanilla, BA, DA, SW.

PS: There is a chance we get something good for a change because the BA, DA and SW releases are close together and not almost a year apart. I know... I know.. I shouldnt get hyped too much.. We got disappointed too many times :(

Edited by lonewolf81

So Dark Angels got doctrines and a pretty tight super doctrine. So that means we will likely get doctrines and a super doctrine unless they decide to give us the Grey Knight treatment. The Dark Angel one is tasty alongside the new litany they get.

Happy for DA players. These are solid rules. Should get them to Codex Marines level of power. They’re really flavorful too.

Worried about what we are going to get. My attitude has been a pendulum between optimism and pessimism. Hah.

All the marines factions have gotten solid rules. But I worry we are going to be an assault army with no way of getting our stuff into assault. Cunning of the Wolf isn’t on par with other stratagems with that in mind. I also don’t want them to forget we aren’t just an assault army. Before the intro of TWC and Wulfen our best unit was the humble Grey Hunter.