Runic Awakening: Speculation

Dark Shepherd

Given the whole “Where are the DG” thing for Greater Good, I think even being mentioned in the stories for PA is no guarantee the faction is actually in a PA book...

I know people are eager to have the Wolves be in a competitive space, but let’s just drink some mjod and go with the flow, be mellow about it, lest the Wulfen Mark overtake folks. We’ll know when we know.

some old music starts to sound softly in the distance...

na na na nana na na naaaaa

the bllod starts to flow quicker as the hearts start to pump vigorously

you can hear the beat of the song in your ears

it's clear it's  a guitar, an old musical instrument from the 1rt Millenia

na na na nana na na naaaaa

All the sudden your foot start moving you forward, with rythm increasing your walk to run, faster ... the drums got your pace, or you got the pace of the drums...

and suddenly it exploded...

I see an Ork and I want to shred it...

...And all goes red from here to eternity

Lonewolf81 I totally agree with your listing of what we need. FWIW we do have suppressors that fill the anti-overwatch even if it’s not a reliable mechanic.

We really need mobility and that’s where I think we will come up short with this update.

Glad to see the death skulls featuring in the short story. They’re the best ork clan!

its "saga" guys... its like not being sure if a book titled the greater good will have any tau stuff inside ...we are in here

Do you have a citable source for that? Until there is one, it’s an assumption, not a fact, and good assumption or not, it doesn’t change that situation.

I deal in facts, it helps keep the peace in my head, and helps for the board too, so that people don’t riot over unfounded expectations not being met. I’m not saying that speculation doesn’t have a place, but it stops having a place when all it begins to do is lead to negative comments about the hobby.

Warhammer Community link here: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/02/12/what-is-the-psychic-awakening/ (You'll need to scroll to the bottom).

Most interestingly, the image shows only Firstborn Wolves. Not a Primaris in sight... :huh.:

"the Space Wolves have taken an oath to slay the leader of this massive Waaagh!"

An execution oath...my kind of party!

Edited by TiguriusX

Well, now we only have to wait until next week to learn more. At least we have a confirmation that the next book has us. Have any of the other books so far only had two factions? I haven't really been paying attention.

Im pretty sure the first one was only 2 which is so maybe the ragnar boxset rumors are true

I think Blood Of Baal was only 2 as well

Edited by betrayer41

Warhammer Community link here: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/02/12/what-is-the-psychic-awakening/ (You'll need to scroll to the bottom).

Most interestingly, the image shows only Firstborn Wolves. Not a Primaris in sight... :huh.:

It is probably an artistic choice not to include primaris. GW generally doesn't mix them in diorama photos like this. The size difference is uncomfortable. Also our PA and TDA packs have a lot of detail whereas primaris stuff is bland. All that kit in there makes the SW look good!

Warhammer Community link here: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/02/12/what-is-the-psychic-awakening/ (You'll need to scroll to the bottom).

Most interestingly, the image shows only Firstborn Wolves. Not a Primaris in sight... :huh:

It is probably an artistic choice not to include primaris. GW generally doesn't mix them in diorama photos like this. The size difference is uncomfortable. Also our PA and TDA packs have a lot of detail whereas primaris stuff is bland. All that kit in there makes the SW look good!

I thinks it's an older picture from before primaris, not a new picture. I swear I have seen that picture before.

Yes, glad it is finally confirmed - not that it really gives us much hint as to what will be there for the Wolves - presumably the minimum will be C:SM aligning-ish rules (after all, the DA got “aligned” but failed to get any Successor stuff, even though they copy-pasted Successor wording - foresee a similar situation here).

I realize GW has a pace they are putting this stuff into the game at, but the lack of true Primaris incorporation into the various non-C:SM stuff is just stupid. Put the stuff out so that we understand how this is all working.

Warhammer Community link here: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/02/12/what-is-the-psychic-awakening/ (You'll need to scroll to the bottom).

Most interestingly, the image shows only Firstborn Wolves. Not a Primaris in sight... :huh.:

Terminators and Blood Claws. And I have plenty of each in case they get boosted

This is a naked mushroom fuelled fever dream of baseless specualtion...build your own great company rules

Edited by Dark Shepherd

It may be that the image refers to a mission or mission type in the book, pitting some wolfies holding out on an objective against a host for a fixed number of turns. Or could be nothing. Can't wait.

Someone on fb said that pic is from a 7th ed supplement so theyre just recycling old pics to give nothing away. Yet.

id love it if we get some of our successor chapters fleshed out. i want to see art of wolfspear fighting next to the Vlka

maybe we could get a "make your own successor"? or do we just use codex 2.0 for that?

well guard just got something like that in greater good, so i wouldn't be surprised. 

id love it if we get some of our successor chapters fleshed out. i want to see art of wolfspear fighting next to the Vlka

maybe we could get a "make your own successor"? or do we just use codex 2.0 for that?

well guard just got something like that in greater good, so i wouldn't be surprised.

Unfortunately the BA and DA did not get something like that, so i would actually be surprised if they picked the SW line to demo something like that. I also don't think we actually have enough appropriately matching Primaris themed units to fit into the Space Wolves (or BT, BA, or DA) to make a DIY Successor feel like it would actually be a Wolf Successor.