Runic Awakening: Speculation

Dark Shepherd

Just ghaz. And only rules.

Expect that.

There doesnt have to be anything else in it, nothing else was promised.

If by chance we get anything model wise, cool!

If not, it's freaking ghaz!!!

I don't care about to overted xeno. I want Primaris SW character just like all other main legions have gotten. Anything less would be an insult.

I can tell you what we will get, rules. Are they good rules? I don't know. I know it is disapointing to hear, but it's the truth. Everything else we get is a bonus.

However I want everyone to mind themselves outside the Aett. So if we only get rules, even bad ones, do not go and complain on other threads especially not the other chapters forums. Bring it to the Aett, I'd rather you vent and complain here than go out and tarnish our names outside. Remember back when we got our codex and we had trolls come into the Aett and complain, let us not go down to that level.

Same goes if we get our richest dreams, things like invuln save Stormwolves, Primaris Wolf Guard, new Ragnar model, unique Primaris units, or Allfather willing Russ. Do not go flaunt it at the rest of B&C, we are all kinsmen on this forum. Kinsmen may disagree and fight and argue, we don't have to even like each other, however there must be at least a mutual respect for one another. If a troll comes along and tries to turn the discussion ugly, and turn us against our kinsmen or vice-versa, do not fall into their trap. Simply report it to the mods/admins, by falling into this trolls trap you are merely playing to their game and tarnishing Russ's name to further their agenda. You will not change the minds of trolls with a forum post, but you can change our kinsmen minds. It is up to us, not just SW but all B&C, to maintain a mutual respect.

Cheer and brawl in the Aett, be humble outside.

....and if we feel the rules are not up to par, let's have a discussion and compile it into a thoughtful list, and possible ways to fix it. In a fun, fluffy, balanced manner, then we can email our thoughts to gw.

-Jarl Caldersson of the Allfather's Einherjar

On a informal and personal note, I wish I could give you some answers. I wish I had pull or strings like Chapter Master Valrak. Just so I could tell you hints as to what to expect. I unfortunately have failed on this front, and I have nothing to show you. Though I have nothing to give you, I can only hope that when the reveal comes that good or bad you all bring pride to Russ's name.

Expect that.

I don't care about to overted xeno. I want Primaris SW character just like all other main legions have gotten. Anything less would be an insult.

Unfortunately for us, GW were fairly clear in November that the next 3 PA books would have 1 model with each, so we have known we had a 50% chance of missing out for a long while.

With Ghaz being all but revealed and the marketing putting Orks front and centre for Saga of the Beast, I think we probably have to accept we aren't getting a new model this time.

On the other hand, we will get rules (which I think is more important and far more needed) and looking at PA4, where I think it's clear that GK & Thousand Sons got the better set of rules in spite of the DA getting the model, all hope is not yet lost.

I'm excited for the story whether we get models or not. I think viewing getting less than you expect an insult, just hurts yourself. Wait is rough knowing it's coming. I'm just trying to remain optimistic and remember that the company doesn't owe us anything just because we bought their products. Wish big, Make due with what you have. Wolves are my first love and army in this game, though necrons are a close second. Neither are out there crushing tournaments, and you know? I am completely fine with that. Everyone loves to hate on iron hands and I don't care if we are strong if it's broken and hated.

I think the little grot having a 2+ save is just hillarious and I'm excited for Ork players. *Anticipation grows*

Edited by theprophetofwar

Do you think we could get a stratagem that would make a unit of WG/GH into a 13th company unit? Something like 3cp for +1 W, +1A, and+1LD. After all, Cawl was supposed to have gotten the geneseed back to Great Crusade quality. Since the return of the 13th Co it would make sense to give a unit that identity and a primaris like stat-line. Would give us 13th co without having to give us a new model. I have a bunch of Mk3 marines on sprue this would be fun for.

Do you think we could get a stratagem that would make a unit of WG/GH into a 13th company unit? Something like 3cp for +1 W, +1A, and+1LD. After all, Cawl was supposed to have gotten the geneseed back to Great Crusade quality. Since the return of the 13th Co it would make sense to give a unit that identity and a primaris like stat-line. Would give us 13th co without having to give us a new model. I have a bunch of Mk3 marines on sprue this would be fun for.

I kinda doubt it? Wasn't the big upgrade for BA's making Intercessors into Death Company. Wolf Guard and Wulfen are our truely unique unit, however  we already have Wulfen models, Wolf Guard are pretty basic statline and only real benefit is their access to most weapons something Primaris lack right now model wise. I think GW really is focused on Primaris, as that is what has been the huge increas ein sales lately.

I just looked at the Waaagh map and I couldn’t stop laughing at Waagh Bork on the top right, obviously that’s where Russ is and the warboss has taken the call of wolves as his name

Where do you see a Waugh map? I don’t see it on the Psychic Awakening page and I couldn’t find it on the Warhammer Community page.

I just looked at the Waaagh map and I couldn’t stop laughing at Waagh Bork on the top right, obviously that’s where Russ is and the warboss has taken the call of wolves as his name

Where do you see a Waugh map? I don’t see it on the Psychic Awakening page and I couldn’t find it on the Warhammer Community page.

The official WH40K facebook page

gallery_49686_13920_362751.jpg

Expect that.

Unfortunately for us, GW were fairly clear in November that the next 3 PA books would have 1 model with each, so we have known we had a 50% chance of missing out for a long while.

With Ghaz being all but revealed and the marketing putting Orks front and centre for Saga of the Beast, I think we probably have to accept we aren't getting a new model this time.

On the other hand, we will get rules (which I think is more important and far more needed) and looking at PA4, where I think it's clear that GK & Thousand Sons got the better set of rules in spite of the DA getting the model, all hope is not yet lost.

Oh I agree rules are more important but it would just be very unfair to give a new model to the core legions except for us. Im not a two year old crying its not fair but it would not make sense for the lore or the business to say oh btw we're giving this lot no love it would be as if they are trying to phase out the legion. As for marketting yeah they have a trend with their marketing, theyve not even actually confirmed ghaz or not until very very very recently all the rest has been teasers and temptations, weknew from the name that this would be our book. I think they are following their own trend and saving the best till last when it comes to our reveals.

I'm excited for the story whether we get models or not. I think viewing getting less than you expect an insult, just hurts yourself. Wait is rough knowing it's coming. I'm just trying to remain optimistic and remember that the company doesn't owe us anything just because we bought their products. Wish big, Make due with what you have. Wolves are my first love and army in this game, though necrons are a close second. Neither are out there crushing tournaments, and you know? I am completely fine with that. Everyone loves to hate on iron hands and I don't care if we are strong if it's broken and hated.
I think the little grot having a 2+ save is just hillarious and I'm excited for Ork players. *Anticipation grows*

yyeah but that grot either gonna get smited and a round of rapid firing intercessors will take him out or have a ton of meet shields to keep him alive as hes a character.

Nah this wouldn't happen, its too niche and the lore for it isnt there as cawl supposedly has original gene seed for all legions even the lost 2 so if theres a book that sys different even though everything is cannon, not all is true. and quite honestkly why would we want it wolf guard would be great as primaris (aggressors) with the ability to also give them storm bolters ss and melee wepons. GH are pt for pt stat for stat useless in comparison to intercessors so in the rules this could be rsolved by making intercessors rules for blood claws and grey hunters. Edited by PeteySödes
Merged Multi Posts

there is still one week before preorders are announced according to GWs release pattern... have faith brothers it may be a wolves week (they have to give us something about wolves at some point, all we had was orks) :smile.:

They're saving the best till last brothers. Vika fenrika will come in at the last minute save the day and have new toys to do so :D

Id be happy if we dont see a Primaris Ragnar, just a new sculpt please GW without bastardising him with the new cool. No Cawl abominations in my forces... GRRRRRRRRRRR

Mainly because I wont be able to use Ragnar to lead my boys if hes Primaris and I have a flat ban on Primaris anywhere near me. 

Id be happy if we dont see a Primaris Ragnar, just a new sculpt please GW without bastardising him with the new cool. No Cawl abominations in my forces... GRRRRRRRRRRR

Mainly because I wont be able to use Ragnar to lead my boys if hes Primaris and I have a flat ban on Primaris anywhere near me.

No chance of a new non Primaris sculpt Im afraid, outside of Space Marine Heroes I dont think theres been any new non Primaris Marine sculpts since 8th started

I would love to see us get a new model. But let's be honest, we have seen no teasers or anything for one. We will be getting new rules and that is really all we need. We have had newer models come out, not very recently but much more recently than other factions. I for one would be happy to see the Xenos get the spotlight for once in a story/release. They always ride in the trunk compared to the imperial factions.

So let's not go crying when we didn't get something. We are all adults here and we should learn that sometimes we have to share with others. That's not to say I won't be disappointed if we miss out on a new Primaris model but I'm not going to beat my chest and tear my hair out over it.

I hope I'm wrong and we get rules and a model but I'm holding to the realistic expectation that we get new rules, probably more of a feature than the Orks and the Orks get the model this time. I mean have you seen the size of the new model?!? It's so awesome and huge that you can't help but be excited to see it.

Patience brothers, the Wolftime comes. For Russ and the Allfather!

I would love to see us get a new model. But let's be honest, we have seen no teasers or anything for one. We will be getting new rules and that is really all we need. We have had newer models come out, not very recently but much more recently than other factions. I for one would be happy to see the Xenos get the spotlight for once in a story/release. They always ride in the trunk compared to the imperial factions.

So let's not go crying when we didn't get something. We are all adults here and we should learn that sometimes we have to share with others. That's not to say I won't be disappointed if we miss out on a new Primaris model but I'm not going to beat my chest and tear my hair out over it.

I hope I'm wrong and we get rules and a model but I'm holding to the realistic expectation that we get new rules, probably more of a feature than the Orks and the Orks get the model this time. I mean have you seen the size of the new model?!? It's so awesome and huge that you can't help but be excited to see it.

I do understand and agree to a degree my gripe would be with everyone else getting a new model except us why are we the last on the Astarte list?

I do understand and agree to a degree my gripe would be with everyone else getting a new model except us why are we the last on the Astarte list?

Why do the SWs get the only Wolf Guard/Lt. with Power Axe and carbine bolter? Why do we have so many unique units? We have been blessed in the past with many unique options. So let us not cry foul when we don't get a model for a single time. I'd personally have good rules that enable us to do new things like Primaris ride in stormwolves, than have a new model.

Why do the SWs get the only Wolf Guard/Lt. with Power Axe and carbine bolter? Why do we have so many unique units? We have been blessed in the past with many unique options. So let us not cry foul when we don't get a model for a single time. I'd personally have good rules that enable us to do new things like Primaris ride in stormwolves, than have a new model.

Are you seriously telling me DA and BA don't have unique units on the same level??

Yes I am, we have more unique model/kits than any DA or BA's. DA have 15 unique kits, BA's have 19 unique kits (and a few of those like DC I'm pretty sure are the same as their other kit, so I think its more like 17), SW's have 20 unique kits. Additionally we have some of the newest kits pre-primaris, such as Wulfen and Stormwolves. Post-Primaris DA and BA only have 2 unique character, we have 1.

So yes we do have more unique kits than everyone else, sure we currently have 1 less Primaris kit but its 1. Even if we don't get it in PA, I am sure we will get it in the future. We are a big part of GW sales and they aren't going to miss us. We don't even know if we are or aren't going to get a model, so lets remain calm about this and not gripe about it until we know for sure we aren't getting one. 

Plus lets not forget SW's have a bigger chance of our primarch coming back than the BA's or several of the codex-chapters, only the DA come close to us. We may lose the battle of a PA models, but win the war of getting primarchs.

edit: meant BA's don't have a chance of their primarch coming back.

Edited by Jarl Caldersson