Runic Awakening: Speculation

Dark Shepherd

Yea, no, I don't think Ghaz will get pelts... else I can't stand people joking about us infecting other ranges with wolfiness already.

Don't expect rules until Sunday

We do not get rules previews on a Sunday, tho.

Most of the time we get those during the week to release, after pre-order has been announced.

That would be as anger inducing as that moment after the red wedding, when they murdered Robbs wolf, and stuck the wolf's head on him …

Yeah the thought of ghaz taking trophies of the wolves angered me too but it would create a massive grudge match between him and the black wolf. to the extent you can see Ragnar getting rules along the lines of "this character gets +2 attacks and + 2 to wound rolls against orcs". be pretty sick

I love my pups but that story actually induced anger in me. But less on that more on the positives.

Looks like we get to have a new Ragnar model. 

I guess Russ storming out of the warp with a load of wulfen is off the cards?

Russ wont come back yet cuz they are trying to big up the orcs and there is no orc that could go toe to toe with Russ!!

Remember reading in the codex that Thunderwolf teeth are highly prized in Ork culture as trophies, and that made me go a bit Wulfen

Hah dont get worked up, think of it like this, each tooth is likely worth a few score of the green bastards. ;)

Remember reading in the codex that Thunderwolf teeth are highly prized in Ork culture as trophies, and that made me go a bit Wulfen

Hah dont get worked up, think of it like this, each tooth is likely worth a few score of the green bastards. ;)

Too late. Im off to punch every green beligerent monster I see, and I live in Ireland so am going to be quite some time :)

TWC were my submission to Black Library so I love those big shaggy beasts

Hah dont get worked up, think of it like this, each tooth is likely worth a few score of the green bastards. :wink:

Lol hell yeah they would things that are prized are usually hard / extremely dangerous / rare. so we should say 50 Nobz for one set of teeth.

Hah dont get worked up, think of it like this, each tooth is likely worth a few score of the green bastards. :wink:

Too late. Im off to punch every green beligerent monster I see, and I live in Ireland so am going to be quite some time :smile.:

TWC were my submission to Black Library so I love those big shaggy beasts

Yeah me too im running 1 WG battle leadr on thunder wolf with 5 twc body guards

Ragnar is missing from UK store too now... Probably a rebox :tongue.:...

Yeah another thread says the whole page is gone not just 'no longer available'

If he doesnt have wargear option of the 2 Wolves I say we riot

No need to riot. I say we rejoice if we get anything. :wink:

Hell yeah we riot. We march down to Nottingham on our thunder wolves demand to see bjorn and have a feast. 

Edited by Sarto ripped claw

Russ wont come back yet cuz they are trying to big up the orcs and there is no orc that could go toe to toe with Russ!!

Russ coming back would be great but I am not expecting anything. If he were coming at all, it would probably be at the conclusion of PA, not somewhere in the middle. Would be happy to be proved wrong of course.

As to Orks standing up to Primarchs, there have been ones in the past able to do so. The Beast was so powerful it went toe-to-toe with Vulkan while the Warboss of Gorro was huge enough that it required the combined might of the Emperor and Horus to take it down.

The Emperor fought an armoured giant twice his height and breadth. Its skull was a vast, ironhelmed boulder with elephantine tusks and chisel-like teeth that gleamed dully. Its eyes were coal-red slits of such vicious intelligence that it stole Horus’s breath.

Horus had never seen its equal. No bestiary would include its description for fear of being ridiculed, no magos of the Mechanicum would accept such a specimen could exist.

Six clanking, mechanised limbs bolted through its flesh bore grinding, crackling, sawing, snapping, flame-belching weapons of murder. The Emperor’s armour was burning, the golden wreath now ashes around his neck. Chugging rotor cannons battered the Emperor’s armour even as claws of lightning tore portions of it away. It was taking every screed of the Emperor’s warrior skill and psychic might to keep the mechwarlord’s weaponry from killing him.

The new model of Ghazkull looks (as far as we can tell) like it is going to rival a Redemptor in size. I have no difficulty in believing Beast-Ghaz could take on a Primarch, even Russ.

Russ coming back would be great but I am not expecting anything. If he were coming at all, it would probably be at the conclusion of PA, not somewhere in the middle. Would be happy to be proved wrong of course.

As to Orks standing up to Primarchs, there have been ones in the past able to do so. The Beast was so powerful it went toe-to-toe with Vulkan while the Warboss of Gorro was huge enough that it required the combined might of the Emperor and Horus to take it down.

The Emperor fought an armoured giant twice his height and breadth. Its skull was a vast, ironhelmed boulder with elephantine tusks and chisel-like teeth that gleamed dully. Its eyes were coal-red slits of such vicious intelligence that it stole Horus’s breath.

Horus had never seen its equal. No bestiary would include its description for fear of being ridiculed, no magos of the Mechanicum would accept such a specimen could exist.

Six clanking, mechanised limbs bolted through its flesh bore grinding, crackling, sawing, snapping, flame-belching weapons of murder. The Emperor’s armour was burning, the golden wreath now ashes around his neck. Chugging rotor cannons battered the Emperor’s armour even as claws of lightning tore portions of it away. It was taking every screed of the Emperor’s warrior skill and psychic might to keep the mechwarlord’s weaponry from killing him.

The new model of Ghazkull looks (as far as we can tell) like it is going to rival a Redemptor in size. I have no difficulty in believing Beast-Ghaz could take on a Primarch, even Russ.

Agreed on all counts here. I think a super powered Ghazkull is good for the setting and to me the only thing second in "40kness" to the Space Marine. 

Can we riot no matter what happens?

My thunderhammer is ready regardless but I'd prefer we keep it nice and cordial in here. ;)

Heresey, for a stat both those previous |"beasts" were bigger than a redemptory, secondly Russ I no vulkan vulkan although big was not the warrior Russ is. He doesn't have the warrior killer instinct.

Id be dissapointed if we didn't but before or after the feast?

Agreed on all counts here. I think a super powered Ghazkull is good for the setting and to me the only thing second in "40kness" to the Space Marine. 

My thunderhammer is ready regardless but I'd prefer we keep it nice and cordial in here. :wink:

OFC we don't fight our brothers

Feast first, Riot later.

Pretty sure we would have seen Ragnar by now if there was a new model? Maybe later.

We might get a new datasheet for him in PA and then new rules and model later, and GW didn't want all their windows broken by freshly purchased old school Ragnar models being thrown when he's invalidated in a few months time?

Feast first, Riot later.

Pretty sure we would have seen Ragnar by now if there was a new model? Maybe later.

We might get a new datasheet for him in PA and then new rules and model later, and GW didn't want all their windows broken by freshly purchased old school Ragnar models being thrown when he's invalidated in a few months time?

Ok sounds good, rather eat after the fight.

no I think if they released the Ragnar odel it would give the story away.

Ragnar model is either not available or just cant be searched in uk france Canada US I stopped looking after 4 but id say that this is evidence of a new model, taking you third point into account

Feast first, Riot later.

Theres been a lot of speculation about Primaris Ragnar so anyone who bought him in the last few months expecting to field him is probably very new or casual

Also wait 2 hours after feasting to riot so you dont get cramps

Edited by Dark Shepherd

our proud tradition of Day 1 Errata's continues unabated....!

This is more of a Day -1 patch, if anything, except that unlike a video game where it would be seamless and you wouldn’t even have to know that the developer changed the code for the way something worked on an auto-update on first load, while because the rules are printed, anyone playing SW with PA will have to refer to this FAQ that was written after the book was sent to the printers, but before the book came out. Doesn’t change anything at all for Space Wolves, because you will always have played this way.

I think this is more of “Everyone else has been Beta-testing the game engine before the SW ‘class’ was actually released for game play”.

I’m there with Triszin, because I don’t feel that the Doctrine concept really fits the Space Wolves and I’d prefer GW to have worked on other ways to for those concepts in for SW, instead of a misguided cut ‘n paste.