Troops

WickedJester1013

Getting back into my first love and wondering how immortals fair vs warriors for troops. I have seen a lot of tactical videos( no games yet) so I know the basics of the match ups.

1) do people only take immortals? Only warriors? Mix?

2) don’t play super competitive but I mainly play my friend who plays eldar so I would like to stomp some pointy ear wizards.

Warriors have their uses, mostly because you can take 20 in one unit. That makes for a lot of shots, especially when one stratagem or MWBD can buff all of them. Pound for pound, Immortals are better. But since they cap at ten and Tesla really needs MWBD to pop, sometimes 20 warriors is the better choice.

If I need a cheap slot in a detachment filled, I take Immortals since they are cheaper for a minimum squad. If I have an Overlord to accompany them, I'll probably take Immortals. Otherwise, I will probably take Warriors.

• 2 weeks later...

Tesla Immortals are "the meta" it seems, because of the MWBD + Tesla combo (which is really damn strong to be fair), but at 10 man max and still fairly expensive. You have to be mindful that by now, any opponent worth their salt knows to focus down Necrons one unit at a time, so if you want to get mileage out of your reanimation having large Warrior blobs is worthwhile.

You can use whichever you prefer, I think the secret is taking plenty of scarabs too. They're weak enough that shooting them is a "waste", but annoying enough that they can't be ignored. Perfect meatshields... Made of metal.