Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DA acid rounds rolling AP?

3 replies to this topic

Brad_hutcho

Brad_hutcho

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 96 posts
So, at a recent event, i played a doubles game against two DA armies and came up against acid rounds for the first time. One player when rolling for the variable AP rolled for each heavy bolter before rolling to hit etc, and applied the results to all the shots from that weapon. The second rolled his variable AP after having rolled his to hit and wound rolls. Either way seemed fine to me. So, just put of curiosity, how do others do this? I've looked up the rules in book VI and googled for any FAQ but found nothing definitive. Sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere. Cheers

ProsperoStands

ProsperoStands

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts
  • Faction: Luna Wolves, Thousand Sons

You roll per bolter.

Example

I have six jet bikes with heavy bolters and acid rounds.

FIrst I roll 1d6 for each bike to determine their AP, then I roll the shots in groups based on AP./

Recasts are like Fight Club. A lot more people do it then you realize and its never who you would suspect.

Brad_hutcho

Brad_hutcho

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 96 posts

You roll per bolter.

Example

I have six jet bikes with heavy bolters and acid rounds.

FIrst I roll 1d6 for each bike to determine their AP, then I roll the shots in groups based on AP./

Yeah, that's how one of them did it. He was shooting at my Red Butchers, so afterw wards he grouped them into normal armour saves, and invuln saves

Cheers mate
  • ProsperoStands likes this

Brofist

Brofist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,125 posts
  • Faction: 13th Grand Battalion
Huh. Honestly the second method sounds better, because you do less rolls.
sig.jpg

#powerfisted30k, #tacticalstrikeplus
Download Tactical Strike Plus
Check out my Corpse Crow militia and Iron Warriors: Army Thread
My Painting Blog: With Tutorials, WIPs, and Bad Puns

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users