DA acid rounds rolling AP?

Brad_hutcho

So, at a recent event, i played a doubles game against two DA armies and came up against acid rounds for the first time. One player when rolling for the variable AP rolled for each heavy bolter before rolling to hit etc, and applied the results to all the shots from that weapon. The second rolled his variable AP after having rolled his to hit and wound rolls. Either way seemed fine to me. So, just put of curiosity, how do others do this? I've looked up the rules in book VI and googled for any FAQ but found nothing definitive. Sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere. Cheers

You roll per bolter.

Example

I have six jet bikes with heavy bolters and acid rounds.

FIrst I roll 1d6 for each bike to determine their AP, then I roll the shots in groups based on AP./

Yeah, that's how one of them did it. He was shooting at my Red Butchers, so afterw wards he grouped them into normal armour saves, and invuln saves

Cheers mate

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve always had it played against me where it’s 1 roll for the unit, I can see why people roll per weapon but it just seems like a time waster

The issue there is that is far less effective then doing it the proper way, and honestly it tacks on maybe an additional 30 secs.

• 2 weeks later...