Dawnstar's Post-ETL Necron Wager

Commander Dawnstar

In the course of this year's ETL the good Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch dropped by the T'au section of the boards to offer us an eloquent little wager, and being the on-points leader of the T'au board at the time I felt I had a certain responsibility to accept - that and I already had some spare Necrons lying around anyway. As you lovely people bested us in the event proper (and indeed proved worthy overall winners of the inter-Xenos contest) it falls to me to make good on that promise. So here we are:

I promised you five Lychguard (with Hyperphase Swords and Dispersion Shields) and while I haven't quite finished building the models themselves I have settled on a colour scheme:

gallery_82168_15802_164891.pnggallery_82168_15802_16609.png

So yeah ... more progress to come when it happens. I just wanted to let you know that I'm not shirking my responsibility :thumbsup:

First of all he looks great, as if he was sleeping for a few millenia...

And you’re the blue on the shoulders comes across very similar to the weapons and cables.

A suggestion would be to make the weapon a bit more bright to underline its functionality, I.e that it’s alive. Stick to blue but use either materially more light shades or add white... a dot of white on each of the round shapes on the barrel glazed over with Guilliman blue could create a fast and interesting lo9k!

Just a few thoughts, you do you of course! ;)

And good to see you’re standing by your pledge! Tau honour is legendary after all... :lol:

Mhm, I'll probably experiment with both working more towards Temple Guard Blue and doing something along the lines of your Guilliman Blue suggestion, although funnily enough the weapon is already Guilliman Blue over greys with a little Alaitoc Blue to strengthen it up a bit. Should be quite a different colour though all told.

That’s a very nice scheme, Commander! I look forward to seeing what you do with a more detailed model!

Thanks. After spending three months painting clean surfaces it's nice to go back to doing something which is 90% drybrushing and shades.

That is one of the nice things about necrons—they don’t need much effort, and can be done quickly. You can choose to take longer, but I think you’ve put together something nice without too much effort.

BlueCrons are always a great choice. I can attest that adding white to a blue mix before and a little bit after a Guilliman wash will make a more electric colour, leaving you some options. This is the underside of my Night Scythe; the wing markings are the same blue without white added as the energy. It may or may not be the look you're going for but hopefully it helps show an idea a bit.

32520295116_623201acbb_z.jpg