Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

False Hydra?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Frostglaive

Frostglaive

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 313 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Mechanicus
Has anyone tried running a False Hydra, or something similar, in either Dark Heresy (or its other games) or Wrath and Glory?
I just came across what a False Hydra is and I'm getting so many ridiculous ideas I want to do now. And i wanna know if anyone has tried it already and how they did it
  • Mazer Rackham likes this

When life tries to knock you down, fight back and fight dirty. Aim for the throat and kick it while it's down.

A.T.

A.T.

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,273 posts

A creature that cannot be interacted with or remembered, with a few exceptions (such as catching a glimpse of its reflection) ?

I had a Dark Heresy party catch up with a slaanesh daemon/possessed type of similar nature, which ended with a bout of indiscriminate panic fire.

• Mazer Rackham likes this

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,708 posts

Apologies for the late reply - I am literally snowed under with work and such.

I have never actually run one, but as AT says, sounds like a Slaneeshi can of tentacles!

From what I read, a tense and slow build up is the best way, with one GM even going so far as to copy player made maps and alter them and hand them the new copies from behind the DM screen so they forgot locations they'd marked on maps and had already visited!

Have a look here: False Hydra

Anyone have anything else to add?

MR.

=][= Deathwatch PBP Game =][=

Indexes: IA: Scions of Gehenna IA: White Paladins

A Sometimes daily dose of Writer's Block: Mightier Is the Pen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users