Iron Warriors Squad - Horus Heresy **update 5 more warriors

Legiocustodes

I decided to start another new project recently in the form of a further Legion for Horus Heresy / Warhammer 30,000 gaming.

I know, I know... I have a thousand different projects on, but I find I need variety to keep me interested.

2WaGIV1.jpg

After much consideration I settled on doing an army of Iron Warriors as I love their aesthetic and I can also use them in 40k (possibly as Silver Skull proxies).

JwlTPBh.jpg

The basic metal power armour is relatively quick to achieve ... though I did spend ages on highlights where a drybrush might have sufficed. But those hazard stripes... man they take an absolute age!!

A2af1ri.jpg

I chose to use MK III Iron armour for my first five man test batch as I think it’s sheer brutality suits the Legion’s look better than the sleeker MK IV Maximus pattern.

MNfHV5N.jpg

I’m really pleased with them overall, especially the Sergeant’s power sword and the new red bases I’m trialling! Now I’ve settled on a scheme I guess I’ll have to paint some more....

More hobby related goodness on my blog:

http://classicastartes.blogspot.com/2019/09/blog-post_8.html?m=0

Edited by Legiocustodes

After the initial success of my first batch of Iron Warriors last week I decided to knock out another five Astartes in order to keep them company.

CIsMOwc.jpg

I went for another five tactical marines in Mk III Iron Armour (my favourite version of the iconic space marine battle plate) in order to bring the squad up to ten warriors.

UoT32Q3.jpg

I chose to equip one of the marines with a vexilia (aka banner) as this has some limited in game effects but also looks pretty cool.

bGmKhxa.jpg

Again these mighty warriors were really enjoyable to paint and I think they ended up looking pretty cool. I think I have finally mastered the art of hazard stripes now!!

O2GZ6BB.jpg

I’m thinking of doing a few more in order to go for a twenty man Legion Tactical Squad.