Iron Hands Supplement: Calculated Fury Uses

Charlo

Classic GW. Lol. Still, doesn't change all the other op stuff. At all. And yes, at this point, it's op. Like I said, the part that is insulting is doing other chapters specialities on the same level or better. Again iron hands deserve to be the best for awhile. They really do. But the pendulum has swung to far in the other direction. Fighting any iron hands list that is even remotely optimized is going to be oppressively unfun. This a sentiment that see everywhere right now. It sucks, and makes me worried for iron hands players. I'd never do this, but some people are definitely going to make people feel guilty for playing iron hands. I've even seen people saying that anyone who plays iron hands in a casual setting is That Guy. That is obviously an unfair and stupid sentiment and anyone who shames someone for their army is a jerk and not worth playing with. I just worry about that sentiment spreading. It certainly happened to me a few times when I played gman, and I don't want it happening to an entire army. Edited by emperorpants

From my point IH are not that cheesy, and we just entered the new times were every chapter (craftworld, regiment etc.) will be flashed out more, its too early to say.

Also, IH are survivable but they do not have many additional strats or powers to deal damage in the same way as ultra and others.

They can't - it is explicitly stated in the supplement that VEHICLES cannot take relics or special issue wargear. A mistake was made, that is all.

I'm actually glad they can't. Now I don't have to break my head about how to get all those extra CP to get my levi's warlord traits AND relics.. :smile.:

Now I think of it, having a Levi that can move back 6" when charged isn't that bad is it?

Edited by faithonwings

What are the ultras strats that add more damage? Do they equal units hitting on twos and re rolling ones without captains from turn one along with the bonus to ap that iron hands will stay in all game? Do they equal strats to give units the bonuses of two doctrines at once so that every weapon on that executioner can get the extra ap? Do they equal psychic powers that straight give a plus one to hit? They don't. Sure, ultras rapid fire bolters will double tap while moving. On turn 2. Is that what you mean? How is that even remotely close to what i just mentioned? Plus there is a case to be made that stalker bolt rifles on iron hands intercessors that hit on twos while moving and re roll ones with no captain needed might just be better. They certainly are in marine on marine matches. So again, how are ultras better on offense? They have gman? For two cp and a Lt so do you. Wait, I may have found a actual weakness in iron hands! They might be cp hungery! What's that you say? There is a relic that generates cp for iron hands? Welp, there goes that possible weakness. See how utterly insane this is getting? Seriously, in 6 months when the nerfs come every faction is going to suffer because GW always fixes things with sledgehammers.

I think a lot of folks are vastly underestimating the value of an extra -1 on volumes of bolter fire.

You mean bolter fire that is out ranged, hits on threes instead of twos due to iron hands abilities, can't re roll ones naturally, has one less ap and one less damage on a model that is equally mobile?

Edited by emperorpants

It's definitely great, just don't agree about the OP perspective.

Like many things with iron hands it's not op on its own. It's the combination of all this stuff that makes things op. Iron hands don't need it. It mitigates a possible weakness that iron hands honestly should have that would help to balance all this crazy stuff.

being honest, the drawback of monocodex its almost 0 vs all the rules,  i won a local tourney 3-0   ,  ITC rules , all matches like 20 ish vs 5ish

just with basic marine codex not supplement

repulsor executioners with dev doctrine alone are insane, plus 6++, almost no bracket chart and aura reroll chaptermaster, my opponents where playing  8th while i was in 9th edition

being honest, the drawback of monocodex its almost 0 vs all the rules,  i won a local tourney 3-0   ,  ITC rules , all matches like 20 ish vs 5ish

repulsor executioners with dev doctrine alone are insane, plus 6++, almost no bracket chart and aura reroll chaptermaster, my opponents where playing  8th while i was in 9th edition

See, now add on all these new broken rules and what do you get? A complete stomp in the worst possible way. This kind of power imbalance is not good for the game.

being honest, the drawback of monocodex its almost 0 vs all the rules, i won a local tourney 3-0 , ITC rules , all matches like 20 ish vs 5ish

repulsor executioners with dev doctrine alone are insane, plus 6++, almost no bracket chart and aura reroll chaptermaster, my opponents where playing 8th while i was in 9th edition

Can you share the list you where playing? Bert curious about it.

being honest, the drawback of monocodex its almost 0 vs all the rules, i won a local tourney 3-0 , ITC rules , all matches like 20 ish vs 5ish

repulsor executioners with dev doctrine alone are insane, plus 6++, almost no bracket chart and aura reroll chaptermaster, my opponents where playing 8th while i was in 9th edition

Can you share the list you where playing? Bert curious about it.
Something like 1498

Batallion

3*5 intercessors stalker bolt rifle

Captain primaris (chapter master)

Normal leutenant

Spearhead det

2 tech marines

2 executioner (+icarus rockets *2)

2 preds , preds autocanon , laser sponsons

Games where vs orks, imperial guard, ad mech

Edited by Rodrick