Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Howling Banshees Exarch Miniature

Psychic Awakening event

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Theduke08

Theduke08

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 576 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, Space Wolves
https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-4/

Some good looking Banshees!

Craftworld and Ynarri versions!

Edited by Brother Casman, 10 September 2019 - 02:30 PM.
Updating tags

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 421 posts
Lovely model!

Super hyped for more Eldar lore development.

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,056 posts

Interesting - this suggests Ynnari getting some more fundamental differences. 

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,064 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Oh man does that look dope

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,687 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

PsyAwk-Sep09-ExarchBanshee-m18co.jpg

PsyAwk-Sep09-YnnariBanshee-bn16ch.jpg

Looking good!

Edited by Marshal Loss, 09 September 2019 - 03:50 PM.

• Noserenda, Marshal Rohr, Brother-serpent Tylydox and 1 other like this

rCsoqE7.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,422 posts

Curiously enough, while the little ruin on the base looks extremely similar to the one that was on the Rumour Engine, it's not the same one. Could be from another Banshee's base, could be something else, but definitely part of this release.

RumourEngine-June4-Content1ukd.jpg

• Prot, Ishagu, Doctor Perils and 2 others like this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,974 posts

VERY interesting that the kit is designed with Ynnari in mind.

It now feels extremely odd that White Dwarf featured Ynnari rules so close to thier seemingly full rules release soon.

• jeremy1391 likes this

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,592 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

It now feels extremely odd that White Dwarf featured Ynnari rules so close to thier seemingly full rules release soon.

We saw that with the Crimson Fists. It's not unheard of.

Cool new model!
  • Panzer likes this

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,172 posts
  • Faction: Knights/imperial fists

It now feels extremely odd that White Dwarf featured Ynnari rules so close to thier seemingly full rules release soon.

Cool new model!

And blood ravens

Fenriwolf

Fenriwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 222 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists

I was going to have a stroke at the idea of an aspect warrior without his mask on (in short,it's very,very wrong according to background) but then the line about it being specifically intended to represent a ynnari exarch came up in the article and saved me.

Not sure if giving exarchs a power table will make non bike/missile launcher using aspects usable,but hey,it's something

Edited by Fenriwolf, 09 September 2019 - 04:00 PM.

• jeremy1391 likes this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,797 posts

Curiously enough, while the little ruin on the base looks extremely similar to the one that was on the Rumour Engine, it's not the same one. Could be from another Banshee's base, could be something else, but definitely part of this release.

RumourEngine-June4-Content1ukd.jpg

This, + long hair.

Jain zar Lord incoming.
And probably eldar aspect shrines
banana

coldfyre

coldfyre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 546 posts
Interesting that there will be once-per-week updates. What do we think this means about release dates?

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,974 posts

Cool new model!

And blood ravens

Thought about CF as I was typing that, ha!

Blood Ravens however are only in the WD.

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,056 posts

Pace of updates will increase when they're ready to release to first book. This is just the tease phase.

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,422 posts

This, + long hair.

Jain zar Lord incoming.

And this may be a stretch, but since this pretty much confirmed the Ynnari are at the heart of this event, maybe Prince Yriel now that his spear was revealed to be a Crone Sword?

Edited by DeadFingers, 09 September 2019 - 04:06 PM.

• Doctor Perils likes this

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,389 posts

Not exactly digging the Mirror Blades on that Exarch, but I think it's all in the wrist angles so should be relatively easy to fix now they're plastic.

I too am onboard the "Jain Zar is coming" train of thought. This could really hurt my wallet if other aspects start showing their faces too (no pun intended ;) )

gallery_26271_12264_20095.jpg

Fenriwolf

Fenriwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 222 posts

Not exactly digging the Mirror Blades on that Exarch, but I think it's all in the wrist angles so should be relatively easy to fix now they're plastic.

Pretty much on the same boat.

The backwards arm mainly.While that position is doable it doesn't seem really that natural (or sensible) even if she's intended to be doing a whirlwind while jumping

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,687 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

I wonder how many other Aspects are going to get this treatment during the release...there are so many Eldar units in need of a new kit, I'll be shocked if they manage to do it all in one go. They couldn't do it for CSM but even our range was less dated in comparison.

• Lexington likes this

rCsoqE7.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,797 posts

I wonder how many other Aspects are going to get this treatment during the release...there are so many Eldar units in need of a new kit, I'll be shocked if they manage to do it all in one go. They couldn't do it for CSM but even our range was less dated in comparison.

I suspect only banshees for now. But by the wording, seems like the new aspects will be dual kits, make aeldari banshees, or ynaari variant?
  • Marshal Loss likes this
banana

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,176 posts

I was going to have a stroke at the idea of an aspect warrior without his mask on (in short,it's very,very wrong according to background) but then the line about it being specifically intended to represent a ynnari exarch came up in the article and saved me.

Jes Goodwin, the creator of aspect warriors, disagrees! Here's his sketch of a Howling Banshee exarch without her helm but there's also others of bare-headed aspect warriors, often with warpaint: https://i.pinimg.com...1d9c628e462.jpg

I think the idea is that the actual physical helmet and the psychological state of "wearing your war-mask" are different things. The helmet is initially used as a way of inducing the latter (as with warpaint) but it's not essential, especially with exarchs. Korlandril in Path of the Warrior removed his helm but, despite worrying about it, stays in his war-mask state.

Anyway, will need to see the first exarch from another angle to see if they've pulled off the back-handed grip on the mirrorblade. It'll be interesting to see what 'Ynnari exarch' means but it already looks like the studio scheme there is hewing closer to that of Yvraine and the Visarch.

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,537 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

This, + long hair.

Jain zar Lord incoming.

The Harlequin and Eldrad plastics already had that type of ruin on their bases.

Jes Goodwin, the creator of aspect warriors, disagrees! Here's his sketch of a Howling Banshee exarch without her helm but there's also others of bare-headed aspect warriors, often with warpaint: https://i.pinimg.com...1d9c628e462.jpg

Concept art of stuff that ends up being rejected as not fitting the final product is kind of expected by definition.

If something gets rejected and then re-used with different specifics that kind of implies that it was rejected correctly in the first place.

Edited by Closet Skeleton, 09 September 2019 - 04:25 PM.

• Lexington likes this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,075 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept
Kind of funny that literally the only thing the Piercing Strikes rule doesn't touch is the actual ArmourPiercing value. Classic GW. ^^
  • Magos Takatus, Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra, Interrogator Stobz and 2 others like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,176 posts

Concept art of stuff that ends up being rejected as not fitting the final product is kind of expected by definition.

Except practically all of his aspect warrior concept art depicts bare headed aspect warriors, as well as Black Library novels depictions of aspect warriors without helmets but still in the war-mask state.

Note as well that the dire avenger plastic kit comes with a bare head for the exarch already, so helmetless aspect warriors have been a Thing for years.

Fenriwolf

Fenriwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 222 posts

I think the idea is that the actual physical helmet and the psychological state of "wearing your war-mask" are different things. The helmet is initially used as a way of inducing the latter (as with warpaint) but it's not essential, especially with exarchs. Korlandril in Path of the Warrior removed his helm but, despite worrying about it, stays in his war-mask state.

They are different (the concept of war-mask is indeed more of a mental state) but also stricly linked. 

Donning the full armor is parth of the aspects' rituals.And i don't remember where (i think Valdor,might be wrong) a warlock describes how taking her helmet away is the first step in going back to "see" the world normally,and as soon as she does her war-mask fades away.

Then you add in the double problem of

a ) a complete exarch's suit having actual souls living inside it,making discarding parts of it kinda hard

b ) specifically the howling banshees having their shout-amplifiers inside the helm itself.

Now that i think about it, point a might link to why the ynnari version can do away with it

Note as well that the dire avenger plastic kit comes with a bare head for the exarch already, so helmetless aspect warriors have been a Thing for years.

Technically the DA exarch still has his helmet on,just without the faceplate part  (unless i misremember the DA kit the bare head slots into the back part of one helmet,roman crest and all)

Edited by Fenriwolf, 09 September 2019 - 04:46 PM.

• Dark_Master likes this

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,337 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion (Night Blades)
I understood that the Exarch, a elf had fallen so hard on, whatever temple path that they can't go back to being a Potter, or server, or Pathfinder, or bonesinger etc.

So that their "Warmask" is never off. They might be the only ones at their shrine, as new ones come and go. But the Exarch is always there because they sort of just lost themselves to Khaine. They're like Rambo.

The whole mantra and suiting up as part of the Warmask (which is a clever means of protecting the Eldar from PTSD, Guilt, making perfectly conditioned killing machines that kill everything that isn't flying their flags) and I took it that Billy the Baker needs that mantra, but the Exarch is just the Eldar equivalent of the Doomslayer. Just perpetually pissed off.

Edited by Trevak Dal, 09 September 2019 - 04:45 PM.

• Pork Chop Express and Legionnaire of the VIIth like this

"Our Turn" - Centurion Khârn.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users