The Lost Librarius

Lexington

No official fluff has stated that the Black Templars 'love' psykers. The 6th ed book claimed it was a misunderstanding that they hated all psykers but its normal in the Imperium to hate psykers, Black Templars were only ever zealous by degree not in doctrine. All Space Marines will kill witches on sight as will most of the forces of the Imperium, its just that sanctioned psykers and astropaths aren't witches by official decree and the Black Templars aren't that keen on official decrees getting in the way of a good purging.

The Imperium has always worshipped the most powerful psyker as a god while discriminating against others. The contradictions among the Black Templars are only variations on the contradictions inherent in the Imperium as a whole.

That's why I collected Black Templars as my first Imperium army, while Ultramarines are too noble for their own setting the Templars are the most Imperial of the chapters.

Did 6th Edition come before 'The Eternal Crusader' book? Because the sealed Librarius (the location S opposed to the body of men) was mentioned in that as well.

Edit: it seems 6th came out first, if the publication date in my ebook is correct At 2014.

fluff changes came out before the books.

That's why I collected Black Templars as my first Imperium army, while Ultramarines are too noble for their own setting the Templars are the most Imperial of the chapters.

Yeah, while the Ultramarines are playing Rome:Total War, the Black Templars are playing DOOM 2016.

Did 6th Edition come before 'The Eternal Crusader' book? Because the sealed Librarius (the location S opposed to the body of men) was mentioned in that as well.

Edit: it seems 6th came out first, if the publication date in my ebook is correct At 2014.

It was a paradigm shift in GW's writing. ADB has basically said that GW gives the writers certain freedoms but they are supposed to follow certain pieces of fluff. In this case Guy Haley was likely told to make the BT worship the Emperor as a god and put in stuff about the lost librarius.