Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rotating Turrets Idea I Found on the Internet

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,820 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

Hope this helps some people!

h1r116zn6sk31.jpg?width=640&height=853&c

I found this on reddit. I take no credit for this idea. I just wanted to share it with others.

Edit: Was thinking about this more and it would work really good with the Dreadnought arms. Though I'm not sure how stiff the lego wheel is. Maybe it won't work.. hmmm. biggrin.png

Edited by Aothaine, 10 September 2019 - 05:58 PM.

• Kierdale, Shinespider, Tichinde and 2 others like this

gallery_26154_15777_2719.png
The Wolf Pack - Space Wolfs (Iron Wolves)

Flesh Tearers - 5th Company

The Argent Fists - Space Marines: Successor Chapter of the Imperial Fists

The Moirai - Chaos Knights: Sisters of Fate

Oblivion Hunters - Chaos Space Marines (Renegade White Scars)

Order of the Steel Rose - Sisters of Battle

4th Company - Dark Angels

The Roaring Lions - Ultima Founding Successor that I can use with any rule set

Iron Hands List Ideas

Short Stories: Brother Ashur, Kell's Last Battle, Awakening, Sagas of the Wolf Pack, Kommando, Clockwork, Datamine, Dispair, Madness

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,324 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Lego turntables have no stiffness, you're better off magnetizing the arms and incidentally getting movement at the same time.

Exilyth

Exilyth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 478 posts
  • Faction: AM, SM, GSC

I've seen this on reddit too, but while the idea is great, I'm not sure about using (relatively costly) LEGO parts (which tend to keep their resell value - if unmodified).

So, how much do a 2x2 plate and a 2x2 plate-with-turntable cost?

Wouldn't a pin-and-hole arrangement build from sprue/plastic rod be cheaper & just as easy to construct?

(at least for vertical axis arrangements - which hold in place by virtue of gravity)

WH40k: Astra Militarum: ~2500 Pts, Space Marines: ~2500 Pts, GSC: ~1000 Pts

"Reduce, recycle, reuse - don't waste your sprues!"

ShinyRhino

ShinyRhino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,656 posts

I've seen this on reddit too, but while the idea is great, I'm not sure about using (relatively costly) LEGO parts (which tend to keep their resell value - if unmodified).

So, how much do a 2x2 plate and a 2x2 plate-with-turntable cost?

Wouldn't a pin-and-hole arrangement build from sprue/plastic rod be cheaper & just as easy to construct?
(at least for vertical axis arrangements - which hold in place by virtue of gravity)

Those two pieces worked set you back less than a dollar.

The problem is the lack of friction. It would spin freely any time you nudged it.
  • Aothaine likes this
-- "To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver, and to repel the enemy assault by fire and close combat."

Wulf Vengis

Wulf Vengis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 905 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Lego makes a turntable with a ratchet inside as well. Allowing for a click-lock spin.

I believe the ratcheting turntable is usually found in their more complex sets (the ones with the little motors). The product line used to be called Technic, but i believe rebranded technic as younger/easier product in recent years.
The Lone Wolf Saga or The Lone Wolf Saga
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: Orlath83

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users