Imperial Fists Army Log - Devastation short tale

nusphigor

Hello guys.
I have been painting my fists and I kinda wanted to have a place in which to showcase my army as i paint them, play some games and maybe write random stuff about their fluff.

I still have to work on the bases (because i don't really like the ones i've painted) but i will leave that for the last so i can base the whole army consistently when all the paint is done.

As i have models from both 30k and 40k in this army I kinda wanted to do their fluff since the heresy.

Edit: I removed the squads bit because it was really long, difficult to update (because i always change projects) and largely unnecessary

Edited by nusphigor

Battle Captain Dodger, a mini I built in honour of a friend (that was his nickname) who passed away some years ago. He used to play with Black Templars and always used a Marshall with this gear, so i thought it would be nice to do this. The Heraldry combines the Templar cross with the checkers he wanted to paint on his army.

med_gallery_49745_16178_689128.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_693566.jpg

Captain Archamus in all his Old miniature glory

med_gallery_49745_16178_937859.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_1468906.jpg

I might paint something else in these weeks.

Thank you for looking :smile.:

Edited by nusphigor

Outstanding work! Especially love the battle damage and the hand painted chapter badge! Gives me hope that I might be able to do something similar. I won't be able to use the transfers because my chapter badge has the colors inverted.

Thank you brother. In principle, its quite easy to paint the chapter badge. Just do the thumb and a small triangle to represent the center on the hand. Then paint 4 sticks on top for the fingers and a pentagram on the bottom. Then fix any mistakes with the background color.

The trick is to make it equal all across the army. A trick i've to learn yet xD

Thank you brothers!
I really like the weathered look on these marines but it seems i've gone a bit overboard with the latest ones. I will tone it down a bit with the next ones.

Here is a Devastator Squad and the tactical Squad #1. i just have to fix their right shoulderpads with the correct insignia.

I thought it wasn't that obvious, but the height difference between the space marine tactical squad kit from 2016-ish and the Space Marine Heroes series 1 is quite noticeable.

med_gallery_49745_16178_419673.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_1461548.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_1467767.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_879155.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_1329673.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_566595.jpg

However, I am still at a loss when naming the different squads.
Any suggestions you guys could give me please?

Cheers and thanks for reading!

Edited by nusphigor

You're a skilled modeler and painter.

Many thanks brother :blush.:

i just finished the terminator squad sans the names.

I also have to paint the crux terminatus on 2 of them, as their shoulderpads were clean, and maybe paint some more checkers to make them more important.

med_gallery_49745_16178_304989.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_1151318.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_96479.jpg

I don't know if i should follow with the rest of the tacticals and assault marines or start with a dreadnought :tongue.:

cheers!

Edited by nusphigor

• 4 weeks later...

Here are a couple of minis i painted for Tactica Squad #2

just have to fix their right shoulderpads

med_gallery_49745_16178_117536.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_1263851.jpg

Also Scout squad #1
I've always felt odd that everyone else had a special symbol for their role and scouts didn't, so i decided to use the primaris recon symbol for them.

med_gallery_49745_16178_294702.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_1133084.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_433902.jpg

Edited by nusphigor

• 1 month later...

Hello guys

I have edited the armylist as the army has been growing quite fast for me to keep updated (as you may already know i paint veeeeery slowly)

One of my purposes for this year is to finish painting at least 50% of this army, lets see if i can keep that promise to myself.

I hope you guys read this log and maybe post some suggestions to get better.

Cheers!

Edited by nusphigor

• 3 months later...

Your Fists look striking in black-and-yellow.

Thank you brother!

So far i have painted the gunmetal parts of these minis, but i used Iron Warriors and it was a lot darker than the Leadbelcher i usually use. I had to do a small overbrush of said Leadbelcher and then do the usual Agrax shade.

med_gallery_49745_16178_1041535.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_1356820.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_608271.jpg

I suppose that happens when you use paints with traitorous names on them...

I'm planning to take the missing pictures and upload them to fix this thread and maybe paint a bit.

Cheers!

Edited by nusphigor

• 4 weeks later...

Hello brothers!

I have finished my Loyalty and Treachury entries and i thought i might show them to you here in the Phalanx too.

med_gallery_49745_16178_676629.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_1278835.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_1198399.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_406602.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_598010.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_1121095.jpg

Here is the first rapier squad.

I still have to paint the squad designation symbol but i don't know if i should use a devastator triangle or the symbol that looks like an explosion :/

med_gallery_49745_16178_1527203.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_63988.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_64058.jpg

The plasma Tactical Support Squad.

I painted the Tactical arrow as they are a troop choice in the book, but it does look odd i think.
Also, i didn't know how to name the squad sergeant so i just did the random scribbles i usually do when painting purity seals.

med_gallery_49745_16178_198334.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_461210.jpg

Terminator Chaplain Luteros.

Also, i painted his armour in the usual yellow as i think is post heresy that the chappys get their armour black. Still there is lot's of black on this guy, so i suppose it doesn't look odd...
Also Checkers!

Those are my updates on the army, i hope you like them.
What do you guys think?

what can i do better and, most important of all, how can i name the squads and characters?

I guess i'm always at a loss when creating background for my 40k armies (but funny enough i do have a comprehensive and detailed background for my fantasy elves and gobbos...)

Cheers!

Edited by nusphigor

Hello again brothers.
I thought i might take an army shot of what i have painted becose those are alwas fun to see and sometimes inspires to keep going forward.

I find funny that i could cover the whole light coming from my window with my body when taking the picture but captain dodger is the only one who is completely surrounded by the light. As if my mate was saying "don't get near me" from up in heaven XD

med_gallery_49745_16178_727440.jpg

You might notice the contemptor dread, i painted it some time ago but never took pics of it.
I'll take pictures of it when i can figure out a name for it.

cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see you've created and are updating your own thread here in the Phalanx, nusphigor! Been a while since I last popped my head back in here but it's always nice to see familiar faces. :tu:

It's fantastic to see you progress with your army over the past few months/weeks; I should definitely follow your example (after a visit to the Pain Glove)!

Keep up the good work! :)

Great to see you've created and are updating your own thread here in the Phalanx, nusphigor! Been a while since I last popped my head back in here but it's always nice to see familiar faces. :thumbsup:

It's fantastic to see you progress with your army over the past few months/weeks; I should definitely follow your example (after a visit to the Pain Glove)!

Keep up the good work! :smile.:

Thank you brother Chaplain :)

It is nice to see you again here in the phalanx too! I'll be looking forward to see your progress.

As for my army, i still have to work on the contemptor, which just needs some highlighting and scroll work to be completed, but i still can´t come up qith a nice name for it so i have in on hold. On the meantime i've been working on my high elves, developing an ice and fire theme to them.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Hello brothers!
I have decided to participate in the Lockdown painting challenge and thought it would be a nice opportunity to paint Herald Kantor (pedro kantor) for my army as well as to complete the second tactical squad with the boltgun and heavy bolter marines that are still unfinished.

here is what i pledged to paint:

med_gallery_49745_16178_1268265.jpg

I hope Dorn accompanies me along the way.

Thank you brothers for reading this and please post your comments below :smile.:

Edited by nusphigor

Hello Brothers!

I suffer from Insomnia, but i usually put it to good purpose and paint in the night. So last thursday i had one of my all nighters and finished herald kantor with his base and all!
Here are some pics:

med_gallery_49745_16178_1358168.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_385636.jpg

med_gallery_49745_16178_1652854.jpg

I painted his Left Shoulderpad to reflect his personal heraldry with the colors of the Crimson Fists because i wanted to tie him to the original chapter of the mini.

Now i only have to finish the tactical squad and will have a painted army so i can have some games with :)

Cheers!

Good job.

Many Thanks brother! I am trying to do what advances i can :smile.:

An update:

i am having issues with choosing if i should add primaris units to my Imperial Fists army or if i should add them to a new chapter, so i started writing a short tale to see where the hand of Dorn guides me. So far my writing proccess and notes have led me to incorporating them to our chapter but i am still in doubt.

I wanted to share it with you all and maybe ask for your suggestions from a fluff point of view, as i enjoy more that part of the hobby as well as painting, more than stats and playing stuff.

Also, if you could please give me more tips on how to write in english i would appreciate them enormously as it isn't my native language.

Interrogation - An Imperial Fists short tale by Felipe Correal

- DO YOU DESERVE TO BE CALLED OUR BROTHER?

His eyes looked up through veils of crimson. Cold rage filled his mind as his interloper delivered careful and precise blows, both to his naked body and to his naked mind, designed to break his resolve.

- PAIN IS OUR FORGE. IT IS BY THIS TOOL THAT WE ARE SCULPTED IN HIS IMAGE. IT IS OUR GUIDE, OUR WAY TO CLEANSE THE IMPURITIES OF OUR MIND. CAN YOU WHITSTAND IT? CAN YOU LEARN FROM ITS LESSONS?

He felt the air of his lungs escaping as an armoured knee impacted his torso like a maul tendering raw flesh. Then, powerful fingers grabbed his sweaty hair, moving his head upwards to see the face of Death looking at him straight into his eyes.

- IS YOUR WILL STRONG ENOUGH TO STAND AGAINST THE TIDE? IS YOUR FAITH ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND OUR WAYS?

The gloomy figure let him go. His mauled physique was healing fast but the words of the Chaplain were consuming his thoughts.

He was one of the chosen of the new era, one of the superior warriors delivered by the Avenging Son into the chapter. But this was not enough. The reclusiam had to know if his and his brother’s spirits were as unyielding as stone.

The chaplain moved between the shadows, pacing around the aspirant as his inquisitive eyes examined his chained form.

- WE ARE SURE YOUR MARTIAL PROWESS IS PROVEN, LORD GUILLIMAN HAS SHOWN AMPLE EVIDENCE OF THAT. BUT IS YOUR SPIRIT STRONG ENOUGH TO DESERVE TO BE A SON OF OUR PRIMARCH? DO YOU DESERVE TO BE A SON OF DORN?

Gerland looked at his interrogator with anger in his ice blue eyes and spat through gritted teeth

- Do not doubt my faith in the Primarch-Primogenitor! Test us! Watch the resolve of our souls in the cauldron of war! Give us the chance to prove our worth!

The Chaplain closed in, searching in his eyes for the same courage he sensed in his words. Then moved away towards the darkness.

- WE SHALL SEE ASPIRANT GERLAND. WE SHALL SEE

Edited by nusphigor

Interrogation is well-written, overall.

Nitpicking, with "[" and "]" framing suggested corrections:

CAN YOU [WITHSTAND] IT?

"Withstand" was misspelled as "whitstand".

WE ARE SURE YOUR MARTIAL PROWESS IS PROVEN[;] LORD GUILLIMAN HAS SHOWN AMPLE EVIDENCE OF THAT.

I replaced the comma with a semicolon, so the break in the sentence would seem more natural.

WE SHALL SEE[,] ASPIRANT GERLAND. WE SHALL SEE[.]

Interrogation is well-written, overall.

Nitpicking, with "[" and "]" framing suggested corrections:

CAN YOU [WITHSTAND] IT?

"Withstand" was misspelled as "whitstand".

WE ARE SURE YOUR MARTIAL PROWESS IS PROVEN[;] LORD GUILLIMAN HAS SHOWN AMPLE EVIDENCE OF THAT.

I replaced the comma with a semicolon, so the break in the sentence would seem more natural.

WE SHALL SEE[,] ASPIRANT GERLAND. WE SHALL SEE[.]

Many thanks brother!

There is a lot of english punctuation and words that i have to learn how to use better :)

• 1 month later...