Aeronautica Imperialis Bases

Fajita Fan

To avoid using the cardboard tokens I bought I 3D printed a dial and indicator with a spot for magnets. The magnet has enough friction to keep it in place and the raised lip lets you turn it upside to put next to planes. Next up? Make it a lot smaller than 40mm on a side. 

38E68ABA 596E 479E B469 25FA4CDEC764

Just an FYI - i made a "Post your Aeronautica Imperialis Planes" thread in the Hall of Honor forum...

it's pretty bare (i added one plane there and it's lonely :biggrin.: )

*it's WiP, but this is how i'm doing my bases, kinda trying to get an Instrument panel dial look to it ...:unsure.:

med_gallery_9146_3140_826526.jpg

Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

Nick Bayton actually based his Aeronautica with technical paint and now I’m dying to try it too. Also looking into alternative stands to make the planes a little higher. You know, just in case epic comes back. Can never be too careful :D Edited by Marshal Rohr

I had one of my bases ship with a blank dial.  I wanted to see if it was installed upside down.  Looking at the bottom it looked like a clam shell.  I worked it loose with a pocket knife and got the dial out to look at it.  I didn't have my hobby kit because I was at my FLGS or I would of used a better tool to separate it.  I didn't separate it completely, I just loosened it enough to pop the dial out.  I didn't take pictures of me doing it, but here is a the picture I sent to GW with the dial out to show you it can be done. 

Dial

Edited by Enuncia

Finally remember to check mine and I have a blank one also. Will contact GW.

Have you heard back Enuncia?

GW responded wanting more info last week, including a receipt.  I chuck my receipts so my wife doesn't see how much i spend on plastic crack (self note:possible denial, should revisit)...I had to have my FLGS re-write a receipt for me on Sunday.  I am going to reach back out today. 

For what it's worth, I had an issue with the Imperial Guard Kill Team set where some of the tokens had a press line across them, essentially ruining them.  GW was easy to work with and responsive on that topic, so I am not expecting any issues. 

They want a receipt for what is very obviously their latest-released product? 

Yeah.  They also want the batch code from the box.  I assume so they can do a little qc check on their end.  I forgot about it last night and didn't get it... It's funny, my 40k thoughts seem to peek while I am at work, and then dull out by the time I get home, lol.  I am going to end up forgetting to get that code and mess up my return, mark my words.

@ chaplain Dos, very nice , although I see you already have 3 bogeys at 1:00 o’clock, look out sir !!

I was thinking of doing a new look radar inspired one for my imperials to show they’re aircraft are more advanced tech compared to the standard Ork dials .

Again, very nice base.

Cheers, Mithril