Primaris Sword Brothers?

Link2edition

So do we have lore on how of what is involved on crossing the rubicon?  It also messes with my as the only thing rubricon like in 40k for as long as I remember is the rubric of ahriman.

Codex says they chop you open from head to toe, and dump some extra organs inside and shiny new mechanical muscles. This kills you, so they patch you up and see if the organs bring you back to life or not. If they do, you are a primaris now.

Originally  the failure rate was 60% but Cawl refined the process and I don't think we have fluff for what it is now.

Do you think there are any Primaris Sword Brothers in the Black Templar? I know they have been around for a couple hundred years but I am not sure that is enough to get them in the Marshal's household. The first wave of primaris were basically children, and the following wave needed time to survive being a neophyte.

I am painting my first unit of intercessors and was unsure if I should give the unit leader black and red shoulder pads.

Also do you paint up your unit leaders as sword brothers? Or do you save those colors for special units?

I actually still paint my primaris sergeants as sword brethren. I do white helmets, red around the shoulder plate. I think it gives them a unique look and helps them stand out. I like it quite a bit personally and think it still fits.

Intercessors sergeants are just regular sergeants though, the equivalent to a sword brother in this case would be a 'veteran sergeant', only fieldable as far as I understand it, through using the veteran intercessors stratagem (which would make the entire squad into veterans, ie sword brethren... though, someone please remind me: what is the significance of the veteran intercessors stratagem no longer giving the affected squad the veteran keyword?)

Primaris needs proper veteran datasheets, I don't really feel like committing to painting a unit a specific way when their existance is stratagem dependant (especially when it also changes...)

Edited by Reinhard

Intercessors sergeants are just regular sergeants though, the equivalent to a sword brother in this case would be a 'veteran sergeant', only fieldable as far as I understand it, through using the veteran intercessors stratagem (which would make the entire squad into veterans, ie sword brethren... though, someone please remind me: what is the significance of the veteran intercessors stratagem no longer giving the affected squad the veteran keyword?)

Primaris needs proper veteran datasheets, I don't really feel like committing to painting a unit a specific way when their existance is stratagem dependant (especially when it also changes...)

My solution right now to "painting a certain way" is to only paint up models that will always be in veteran squads with the red shoulders, stuff like models with sword brother only weapons, and special issue bolt rifles..

I don't paint heavy weapons as sword brothers because it is beneath them,  my crusade leaves that to the initiates.

*pod comes down*

*8 sternguard and 2 grav cannons step out*

Vet: "Alright Initiate, you provide fire support while we engage the enemy!"

Init: "Well at least I got to ride with the cool kids..."

Edit: I also have one model with a power sword I originally used as an initiate, but now I use him as part of a sword brother unit. I haven't repainted his shoulders because I did a good job the first time. I don't have a good explanation for that one, but he is one of the oldest models in my army, so maybe its his personal heraldry and he is gunning for Castellan.

Edited by Link2edition

I just find it weird that after 2 editions suddenly we have rules for sword bros again.

Especially when the focus turned to Primaris.

Might be me being paranoid, but I half expect a Primaris Sword Bro release.

On the topic of sergeants, Priests of Mars book series does have a BT sergeant I think. read it so long ago.

I don't have issues with that.

Edited by Sete

The only chapter specific Primaris models so far have either been special characters, semi special characters in the form of some chapter specific lieutenants or Calgar's victrix guard, which come with a special character.

I'd love Primaris swordbro's, but I doubt we will see them in a timely fashion. A Grimaldus kit, complete with cenobytes, somehow still feels more likely right now, even if the rumors are saying no Grimaldus (for now anyway)

• 2 weeks later...

Jes Goodwin already said in Vox Cast that the next wave wont take as long as the second wave did to come out, so if that Primaris Breacher is a new model then it might come out sometime next year.

do you have a link?

I'm pretty sure it's this one - http://voxcastpodcast.com/voxcast-episode-7-jes-goodwin-and-shadowspear

Edited by SufficientAnonymity