Palequins

Wolf Lord Loki

So... I love the idea of a palequin being dragged around by nurglings so I made one for my death guard (and nurgle daemons too if need be...)

I've plans to use it with a sorcerer but I've deliberately built it in such a way that I can change the characters using it.

Which gets me to the point, plague brothers and sisters.

How would you go about using any of the mounted characters in a Death Guard army?

You have a choice of: sorcerer on palequin, lord on palequin or 'herald on palequin'/ epidididimus

Once it's all completed I will try and remember too post a photo

It also grants +1T and the movement penalty only brings the model in line with all the other plague marines.

The sorceror also has access to the Hereticus psychic powers which I had thought was good but I hadn't realised Warptime is only 3"

Today I took the Sorcerer on Palequin.

He was interesting- Warp Time allowed him to keep up with rhino's (the idea of all those nurgline running at high speeds tickles me!!) until I was close enough to the enemy lines to deeps strike the Blightlords in and then Warp Time them into charge range

Precedence was also useful cast on the trio of Mephitic Blight Hawlers (who mostly deleted a unit of sternguard with krak missiles and metal shots - hitting and wounding on 2+)

Tactica- Nurgle Palequin (heriticus astartes)

Available to either nurgle aligned Sorcerers or Lords.

Can be given the DEATH GUARD keyword.

Can take wargear from the Index.

Gains +1 wound/ toughness. Movement reduced to 5"

Sorcerer on Palequin :

-Has access to Hereticus psychic power (providing access to Warptime and Precedence amongst others).

-Can use the Nurgle Familiar strategem to switch out a power for one from the death guard discipline.

-can benefit from death guard relics and warlord traits.

-moves at the same speed as regular death guard (unlike a regular sorcerer or jump pack sorcerer)

-doesn't fit in transports due to being Cavalry (and not cos the nurglings messing with the wiring...)

Tactics:

Precedence is a useful power to boost the quality of either Daemon engines to arine quality (3+) or marines to 2+.

Could be useful for making a unit of blight hawlers particularly effective or enabling a Grenade Barrage to hammer home.

Warptime can enable a unit to be in range for an unexpected charge. If placed correctly can enable deep striking models to position for a charge.

WARPTIME was cast on sorcerer to enable him to stay within range of rhino assault force. NURGLE FAMILIAR stray can be used to switch out spell to a more appropriate nurgle power when at close range

PRESCIDENCE was cast on unit of 3 Blight Hawlers to allow them to hit on 2+ for the same 3 turns which cause the death of most of a unit of sternguard

Lord on Palequin:

-Everything a normal lord can do.

- +1 wound and toughness

-Additional d6 nurglings attacks

-movement is reduced to 5"

-still no Discustingly Resistant (can use warlord trates to mitigate)

Not used yet but it strikes me you would use exactly the same way as you would a normal lord except you dont have to worry as much about low strength shots.

Would fit a large infantry force marching forwards or combat against chaff as being in the Index he can access Lightning Claws for extra cost combat fun!

Nurglings attacks are unlikely to do much damage at s2 0ap 1dam but they do hit on his weapon skill so are unlikely to miss. They are their for the occasional bragging rights of a character fluffing their saves and being removed from the board!

Editted to reflect new information and to cover theory on use of Lords

Edited by Wolf Lord Loki

Warptime cant be used on a unit that has arrived from reserve.

Could be used the turn after though,

Oh.

Ooops

Where does it say that it can't be used? I am aware it can't be used to disembark troops. Just read the faqs and errata for Heretic Astartes and can't find anything that

Edited by Wolf Lord Loki