New Chaos Marine Sculpts

Aothaine

Too right Aothaine!

That’s what has drawn me to begin the worship of the Dark gods!

As well as the sculpt above there’s also the new Havocs, CSM Squad and Terminators, not to mention the outstanding Abaddon model!

Granted there are some kits in the range that are showing their age (I’m looking at you possessed!) but I’m loving the direction of travel.

You never know we might even get something else new thanks to the Psychic Awakening!

Too right Aothaine!

As well as the sculpt above there’s also the new Havocs, CSM Squad and Terminators, not to mention the outstanding Abaddon model!

Granted there are some kits in the range that are showing their age (I’m looking at you possessed!) but I’m loving the direction of travel.

You never know we might even get something else new thanks to the Psychic Awakening!

It's the bikes I'm waiting on. I want to buy some but that kit is so old!

It's the bikes I'm waiting on. I want to buy some but that kit is so old!

I feel your pain here. But you know the loyalists will get their bikes upgraded first. My renegade White Scars project is on hold for the biker update though.

Too right Aothaine!

Yup yup! The new rules for the Havocs with the Devastation Battery detachment are also quiet good. I have always loved Havocs and think they are great with World Bearers. I posted on Black Blow Fly's blog years ago with a Khorne list using Havocs. This was better back before the rule of three though. But even still. Now you can do this!!!

Legion: World Eaters

x3 Chaos Rhino

- Havoc Squad (4 Lascannons)

- Berzerker Squad (5-man with Chainaxe & Chainswords)

x3 Chaos Rhino

- Berzerker Squad (9-man with Chainaxe & Chainswords) Fit in three characters here. Like a Chaos Lord, Librarian (I mean Khârn)and Dark Apostle

x3 Helbrutes with Twin-lascannon and Power Scourge

Pretty solid list imho. Not sure on the points here... I might be really close to 2k already.. but if not and you can afford it... a unit of 10 terminators with combi-plasmas would round this list out quite nicely imho.

Disembark the Havoc Squad turn 1 and unleash hell!

Edited by Aothaine

It is indeed a beautiful sculpt but very impractical. Like others said the Termies too are excellent. The base CSM kits are amazing as well. Just difficult to get great use out of.

I own them all. I put most to great use ( except hammer Lord) but it’s such a shame GW fell short of truly supporting those models with rules and strats. I still love the somewhat dated but newer Helbrute kit. No one uses it... though I just played a Death Guard player who used an old school list with one and did surprise me with how well it worked.

Speaking of Chosen, are they the only CSM units in the dex without available models right now?

Given GW's "no model, no rules" policy, I hope they're a priority for the next release wave.

Chosen are indeed the only CSM units without a dedicated kit, yes.

I feel all they need to do is release a proper Chosen kit, an Obliterator/Multilator combi-kit (preferably with 2 or 3) and a multi-part Venomcrawler, and we're good until they update the Noise Marines and Berzerkers kit.

It is indeed a beautiful sculpt but very impractical. Like others said the Termies too are excellent. The base CSM kits are amazing as well. Just difficult to get great use out of.

I own them all. I put most to great use ( except hammer Lord) but it’s such a shame GW fell short of truly supporting those models with rules and strats. I still love the somewhat dated but newer Helbrute kit. No one uses it... though I just played a Death Guard player who used an old school list with one and did surprise me with how well it worked.

Helbrutes are actually quite amazing. I've seen them used multiple times on Tabletop Tactics' bat reps. They are always doing work.

Helbrutes are actually quite amazing. I've seen them used multiple times on Tabletop Tactics' bat reps. They are always doing work.

This! Two double fist brutes make a good distraction and spread despair for a turn or two. Also they eat up some fire and look very good in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

The new Chaos kits are quite amazing looking. I need to get some, almost all of my Noise Marines thus far are based on the ancient last-ed kit! (And the ones that aren't are just Kakophoni...)

I will say though, for those with unbuilt older CSMs, they're actually quite easy to upscale. This Noise Champion I'm working on is made from the old kit with the waist and thighs lengthened with paperclips and greenstuff, with no other height-boosting parts at all. He will need more bits and pieces to disguise the waist but that should be simple enough.

uqC3FMx.jpg

6bCFQkK.jpg

sH4b877.jpg

w9Jxoy0.jpg

He does of course use other parts (mainly Escher doodads and a Wych sword and head) but the actual upscaling process is cheap and easy.

Edited by Evil Eye

DG Helbrutes even more since they can move and shoot without penalty, although they are a bit fragile compared to the rest of the army.