Dealing with new Space Marines

STTAB

'Make Chimeras great again' Guardsmen chanted

'As you wish' said GW and created Eliminators

They did fiendish things to my Krieg officers this last weekend.

The memento mori's I took because I "had some points to burn" ended up being the only reason the two marshals survived long enough to get into LOS blocking terrain to only be attacked by the executioner rounds and then slink out of the 36" death range.

They are FIERCELY good at taking out the command elements of anything under MEQ, and even pretty good at taking out MEQ too.

The earthshaker carriages eventually took them off the board, but almost losing half your command givers by turn 2 put a big hurry in my step!

Yeah they suck, but I've found astropaths to be a great counter to their +2 to their cover save. My opponent didn't realize that the astropath denys cover and he was pissed when I pointed at his eliminators and said cover be gone. He made me show him in the codex that astropaths deny cover.

'Make Chimeras great again' Guardsmen chanted

'As you wish' said GW and created Eliminators

They did fiendish things to my Krieg officers this last weekend.

The memento mori's I took because I "had some points to burn" ended up being the only reason the two marshals survived long enough to get into LOS blocking terrain to only be attacked by the executioner rounds and then slink out of the 36" death range.

They are FIERCELY good at taking out the command elements of anything under MEQ, and even pretty good at taking out MEQ too.

The earthshaker carriages eventually took them off the board, but almost losing half your command givers by turn 2 put a big hurry in my step!

Yeah they suck, but I've found astropaths to be a great counter to their +2 to their cover save. My opponent didn't realize that the astropath denys cover and he was pissed when I pointed at his eliminators and said cover be gone. He made me show him in the codex that astropaths deny cover.

A very valid strategy!  I don't have any Astropaths to use, but I'm sure I could do up a model or two in a hurry. Will have to keep that in mind.

Meanwhile, in the Death Korp, the tactic was just "When in doubt, throw more men and firepower at it" until they were no longer a threat.  Having two squads of kriegers with plasma rushing your position can still bring down even super-human snipers!  The hails of basilisk fire didn't "not help" either.

9 eliminators with Morris rounds (no LOS) almost kill a company commander on average. Not that deadly really. The big problem is them having 1+ save in cover, camping on an objective out of LOS.

The buggers are still getting a 4+ save against plasma when they are in cover. At 26 points, one cast/deny, Astropaths are an autoinclude (mine are converted from Delaque gangers).

Has anyone mentioned the relic for the Vigilus Artillery company? Allows you to deny cover for one Emperors Wrath vehicle within 6” of the bearer. Use the strat to double shoot.

I think you need Artillery denying cover or mobility denying cover, like a Valkyrie with a guard squad, Astropath and officer to get the angle on them, deny cover shoot and charge.

Spend too much resources killing them inefficiently, then the other 1784 point of their army will gut you.

To competitive events I usually bring the Blood Angels Battalion to deal with Knight or Eldar flyer lists. Seriously thinking of giving the scouts wombat knives and using them to charge into ruins to beat up Eliminators/infiltrators. Luckily I already have 15 close combat BA scouts

I use one of the guards strenghts and dont have any very important vehicles or officers

60 + infantry

30 vets in chimeras vets with GL

2 hellhounds with trackguard

3 devil dogs

9 mortar squads

3 CC + 3 PC

1 Lord commisar (warlord) master of command

3 Primaris psyker smiting

1 Astropath psyhic maelstrom

and a strikeforce with one of each assasin

use the Tallarn so that you can advance and shoot, move the vehicles up in his face, and provide max pressure, nothing is really worth using a lot of shots on, the psykers are almost MVP every time

You can charge the vehicles into  his infantry (ultra marines can fall back and shoot with minus one) but its a lot of T7 with a lot of wounds. Its not so anti vehicle but you can control the objectives long enough to win the game